Nicola Legrottaglie to Lazio? (1 Viewer)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Its true that he has a much better defense and midfield to help him if he was to play today, but the problem with Legro is that he made alot of personal and clumsy mistakes resulting in goals, free kicks and so on. But i wont give him up, he has style and potential, Montero on the other hand could go instantly to Lazio though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
Its true that he has a much better defense and midfield to help him if he was to play today, but the problem with Legro is that he made alot of personal and clumsy mistakes resulting in goals, free kicks and so on. But i wont give him up, he has style and potential, Montero on the other hand could go instantly to Lazio though.
No way...ill prefer to keep Montero over Legro a million times.....

Jul 28, 2002
luliano is the only one i wouldnt really think twice, the others would take significant consider.

but we are heavily overstocked at centre half, 90 percent are oldies, so we need o slowly clear out the old stuf and get in the younger stuf, but keeping some experience is vital, but we have too much of the stuff.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hopefully Ferrara, Montero and Iuliano depart over the next year. No disrespect intended but it's time to get rid of the surplus.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Not Ferrara!!, he is a big resource for the younger defenders in our squad, he is usefull outside the pitch. With his advice and legendary experience!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Hopefully Ferrara, Montero and Iuliano depart over the next year. No disrespect intended but it's time to get rid of the surplus.
I guess they are just gonna retire at Juventus.

Who would buy them anyways?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
yeah, Ferrara's and Montero's contracts will end after this season, and they'll probably retire... Iuliano will probably stay though... And I would loan Legrottalie in January in a heartbeat, the lad needs playing time right now, he might get his form back there...

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Loaning him is a great oppertunity to regain his confidence and get some matches under his belt. Next season Cannavro and Thuram will be a year older again, so then a younger defender will be very usefull.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
Not Ferrara!!, he is a big resource for the younger defenders in our squad, he is usefull outside the pitch. With his advice and legendary experience!
I know, but as Erkka said, Ferrara and Montero will be out of contract come next season and I don't think we'll extend their stays. Maybe we can keep Ciro as some sort of coach, but his time as a player is over.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Legrottaglie set for exit
Monday 11 October, 2004

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nicola Legrottaglie’s Juventus nightmare could be on the verge of coming to an end.

The central defender arrived at the Delle Alpi at the start of the 2003-04 season with high expectations.

But the stopper struggled badly in his first season with the Bianconeri and he now doesn’t seem a part of Fabio Capello’s plans.

The former Chievo ace, who has also lost his international place, can’t force his way into the side.

Capello’s first choice rearguard so far is Zebina, Cannavaro, Thuram and Zambrotta, with Igor Tudor seemingly next in line for a centre back shirt.

Now a January move beckons for the 28-year-old with the Stadio Olimpico set to be his next home.

Lazio have been linked in a possible deal that could see either Massimo Oddo or Simone Inzaghi move to Turin.

However, there is also talk that Roma – who missed out on him two years ago – could make a bid.

The Giallorossi have been disastrous in defence so far this term and boss Gigi Del Neri knows the player well after their time together at Chievo.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
It would be better if it was Montero, but Legro is more attractive for other clubs, if Juve get Inzaghi in return then its okay, Oddo we dont need since Zebina is doing very good.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Please. Dont want Inzaghi, wouldnt mind Oddo or Zauri, but we will have to see how to accomodate them. Having said that, maybe Lazio isnt where he should be going. Roma would be a more attractive option, considering we want to be in the chase for Cassano, if and when he walks out for good.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
However, there is also talk that Roma – who missed out on him two years ago – could make a bid.
funny how Roma fans are boasting about getting Chivu while we wound up with Legro. I can't wait to see their faces if he joins them and plays as well as he did for us last season :LOL:

that said, I personally don't want him to leave. We don't have that many decent options in the CB position, and seeing as glass man Tudor looks to be next in line to Canna and Thuram, Legro just might come in handy if we face the same situation in defence as we're currently experiencing with our forwards.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
first of all,about montero,ferrara and iuliano i don't think it's imperative that they leave,seeing that ciro will become a coach soon and montero and iuliano will retire within a year or two.besides, it's less than they deserve.and with the injury prone tudor you never know if you may need an extra player to fill the bench,and they're certainly good enough.

that said,if they want to go,they're more than welcome to.:D

secondly,nicola leggrotaglie's possible departure is hardly news.it's pretty obvious that he's not in our plans and if it's gonna raise some needed cash then why not?i'd rather he stay and fight for his place,seeing that thuram and cannavaro are no spring chicken he may get his chance sooner than we think.i'd preferably take a pure cash deal,but lazio's finances might not guarantee we will get our due:undecide:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
if he's just 30, he won't retire within next few years... I'd say that he'll play about 5 more seasons... And yeah, worth place in reserves, that's for sure...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)