Nicola Leali (54 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No, but 6m for a Serie B player, a goalie to boot (they tend to be cheaper then outfield players) is EXTREMELY good price. And saying I doubt he will have a future with us on hunch, seen us own and loan out tons of young goalies, yet to see us give anyone a single minute except for a brief spell for Mirante.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Keep in mind we got him for 4m when he wasn't even a Serie B keeper. And I think he's better than Serie B level, he was unproven quality so a Serie B club gave him his chance.

Anyhows, found today's(yesterday) highlights on youtube when Spezia conceded 4, 2 very good saves imo and the first 3 goals were near impossible but a bit disappointed about the freekick conceded (4th goal).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Missed this completely. Well hopefully he is :agree:

Leali targets Buffon's place at Juventus within three years
The Italy Under-19 star is determined to succeed at the Serie A champions in the long term, but has nothing but praise for the current Juve stopper

Young goalkeeper Nicola Leali aims to take Gianluigi Buffon's place between the sticks at Juventus in three years' time.

The 19-year-old, who is seen as one of Europe's most promising shot stoppers, joined the Bianconeri from Brescia in the summer transfer window, but was immediately farmed out on loan to Lanciano for the 2012-13 campaign.

Leali is confident that he has what it takes to succeed at Juventus in the long term though, and is desperate to eventually replace Buffon.

"I would happily sign for it now to become Buffon's heir in three years' time," Leali was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"He is an idol for me. I still look back at my time with him and [Marco] Storari in the dressing room at the start of the season with pride. I was impressed by everything he did.

"It would already be a dream for me to return to Juventus to be Buffon's back-up."

Leali has a contract with Juventus until the summer of 2017.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...-buffons-place-at-juventus-within-three-years

I'd only have him here as a back up if he would be starting some games. Perhaps in the transition year.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Him and Perin are very exiting prospects.

Leali obviously lacks the experience... but the guy has catlike reflexes. I would love him to be developed by us.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I haven't seen him play at all but he does have a few good reflexes on Youtube. He got the u-21 call up while Perin didn't, so the must be a coach or scout out there who rates his talent. Perin is doing VERY good for Genoa this season and he's not even in the u-21.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I still believe in Leali, he's doing the best with what he's got. Hopefully we can give him some Serie A experience next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)