Nicola Leali (50 Viewers)

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Like many others, I am too disapointed he won't play in Serie A. There is no argument for me that can prove Spezia move is better. Perin is there, Bardi is there and Spezia isn't a big side in Serie B, it's just bigger than Virtus.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Like many others, I am too disapointed he won't play in Serie A. There is no argument for me that can prove Spezia move is better. Perin is there, Bardi is there and Spezia isn't a big side in Serie B, it's just bigger than Virtus.
Perin and Bardi where?in Serie A?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
He will be ready, for now it's important that he is a starter. If he moved to Serie A club he could have been benched. Clubs in Italy usually relay on senior GK's.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He will be ready, for now it's important that he is a starter. If he moved to Serie A club he could have been benched. Clubs in Italy usually relay on senior GK's.
Yes and no, if he's co-owned it makes sense for the club we've "sent him" to, to play him in the hope that he develops well enough and then able to sell his half back to us for a better price. Sort of like a development fee. But yeah, I do agree that these Italian coaches don't trust young players, and would probably be quick to bench him after 2 or 3 bad games.

Anyway, hopefully he has a top season with Spezia this year and then we see him in Serie A in the 2014/15 season. Forza Nicola!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bardi has been at Livorno for a few years now, and is about a year ahead of Leali in his development.

Perin you can make a case for, although Pescara weren't seriously competing last year and shipped ridiculous goals, so their goalkeeper wasn't of massive interest. With so much to do sometimes he looked great, other times like a fish out of water. I wouldn't want Leali to face a season like that.

- - - Updated - - -

they also have option to buy his half after the loan :(
You'll notice we do this on 95% of our 'loan' deals. Like any co-own, it's then in the interests of the buying club to play him. Who knows, Spezia might be in Serie A that season.

Then we'll have the whole 'we have to buy our own player' thing again...

May 22, 2007
Decent interview in Tuttosport.

"Was I looking at Sassuolo and Cagliari? It's true I spoke to them, but I'm happy with my choice. Spezia is a solid club with warm fans; a club with great appeal. Getting to Serie A is a goal I hope to achieve with this club."

"Am I going from fighting relegation to looking at promotion with Spezia? For Lanciano I was constantly bombarded with shots. This time, at least on paper, I should have fewer saves to make. I don't know which is better. With more shots I can make more saves but there is greater risk of letting in goals, with fewer shots there is less chance to redeem yourself if you make an error."

"My dream has always remained the same: get to Juventus. The idea doesn't scare me, I'd say it is a stimulus. I know that at the same time, to get there, I have to make the most of these years to improve. When I first met Buffon I had the shivers: I found him semi-nude in the locker room. It still gives the same effect when I think back to it, it's not every day your idol is in such easy reach. Do we stay in touch? Occasionally we message each other, I recommended this and it's another aspect of Gigi I appreciate. Juve coach Filippi watches my games during the season and phones me to help improve my game. His calls are nice as it is like Conte is phoning me, and it gives me the guarantee that Juve are investing in me."

"If I were in the training camp with Tevez I would have asked him about Manchester, and the difference between United fans and City fans. Is it hard to find space in the U21 side against players like Bardi? We have a good battle, but this is the beauty of the national side."

http://www.tuttojuve.com/primo-pian...redita-stimola-conte-mi-tiene-d-occhio-150194

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
"When I first met Buffon I had the shivers: I found him semi-nude in the locker room. It still gives the same effect when I think back to it, it's not every day your idol is in such easy reach. Do we stay in touch? Occasionally we message each other"
mmmhmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)