Nicolò Rovella (24 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Chelsea would have set their eyes on Nicolò #Rovella. The plans of the bianconero club would be to bring back the ex #Genoa to Turin after the loan, but in front of an offer around 20M€ #Juventus would seriously assess the sale.

[Gazzetta dello Sport via @averagejuventinoguy]

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
He maybe perefers to stay in italy like other italian players but he won't be developed if he rides on the bench. Roma or Napoli would pick him up.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
#Chelsea would have set their eyes on Nicolò #Rovella. The plans of the bianconero club would be to bring back the ex #Genoa to Turin after the loan, but in front of an offer around 20M€ #Juventus would seriously assess the sale.

[Gazzetta dello Sport via @averagejuventinoguy]
chelsea set their eyes on anyone who had a decent run of games in this decade. also gds write plenty of bs

i wouldn't lose sleep over this :boh:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
man i really want Rovella to stick next season. He's what theyre missing, a true regista who can dictate tempo. Would take responsibility off Locatelli, who is out of position as the lone constructor imo.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The problem is Locatelli plays almost as a CB when we sit deep, something that Rovella may not be able to replicate. Unless it's not that important, I'm not an expert in tactics.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The problem is Locatelli plays almost as a CB when we sit deep, something that Rovella may not be able to replicate. Unless it's not that important, I'm not an expert in tactics.
Rovella is pretty good defensively. I haven't followed him as closely this season but I did when he was at Genoa last year and he was one of the most productive tacklers in the league before he got hurt. The stats this season suggest he's still the same guy, but again I haven't watched him as much this year. He's averaging 1.8 tackles and 1.5 interceptions per game. Locatelli is averaging 1.8 tackles and 1 interception.

I think Loca is still better defensively regardless of the numbers, but Rovella is no slouch either.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rovella is pretty good defensively. I haven't followed him as closely this season but I did when he was at Genoa last year and he was one of the most productive tacklers in the league before he got hurt. The stats this season suggest he's still the same guy, but again I haven't watched him as much this year. He's averaging 1.8 tackles and 1.5 interceptions per game. Locatelli is averaging 1.8 tackles and 1 interception.

I think Loca is still better defensively regardless of the numbers, but Rovella is no slouch either.
Does he have a good passing range? I am expecting a Pjanic style regista.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013

A lot of Locatelli's better defensive output, imo, seems to be he's more physically imposing than Rovella.

I've watched Rovella extensively this season, much like last season and like I do for most our loanees, and he just sometimes is in the right place, right time, with the right intentions but he gets either physically dispossessed or physically pushed out of the way. He's very lanky, seems to still be somewhat thinner, and he doesn't use his body like Locatelli does imo.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Does he have a good passing range? I am expecting a Pjanic style regista.
yeah hes more pjanic than loca. That's his strength. The number of progressive passes he makes are comparable to Loca, but he's much more accurate. He also creates a lot more chances. Of course system plays a part, but I still think hes closer to the Pjanic style than Loca. Also a threat on set pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of Locatelli's better defensive output, imo, seems to be he's more physically imposing than Rovella.

I've watched Rovella extensively this season, much like last season and like I do for most our loanees, and he just sometimes is in the right place, right time, with the right intentions but he gets either physically dispossessed or physically pushed out of the way. He's very lanky, seems to still be somewhat thinner, and he doesn't use his body like Locatelli does imo.
I dont necessarily disagree, but his ground duel percentage is identical to Locatelli's (55%) and a 5% improvement over last season.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's not that important unless we're playing behemoths in Europe. In Snoozie A, we should be pumelling opponents and attacking relentlessly against inferior opposition with 1/10th of our budget. Alas, we have a coach who asks his players to play with the handbrakes on and preaches safety first, choosing to deploy caution against the likes of Spezia, Lecce, and Monza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)