Nicknames of serie A teams (1 Viewer)

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
I know most of them have a nickname based on their jersey colors.

But there are some exceptions, like Perugia has a nickname as "Grifone", Brescia has a nickname as "Rondinelle". Anybody can tell me what they mean?

Also, Sampdoria's nickname is Blucerchiati, where blu=blue but cerchiati=?

Buy on AliExpress.com

rae

Il Conservatore
Nov 12, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuvenYang ] ++

But there are some exceptions, like Perugia has a nickname as "Grifone", Brescia has a nickname as "Rondinelle". Anybody can tell me what they mean?

also Nerazzuri
AND ROSSONERI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
from Shrek:

DONKEY: Ha, ha! That's right, fool! Now I'm a flying, talking donkey. You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a super fly, but I bet you ain't never seen a donkey fly! Ha, ha! Uh-oh. [Grunts]

:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey RobbyBaggio, I don't believe we've met. Whereabouts in Sydney do you live? I lived in Epping, but I moved to Dural about 3 weeks ago :)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Anyone heard of these...the not so often used names...

Inter: the MERDAS (the shit'e's)

Juve: La Vecchia Putana (Instead of the old lady ..the old b*tch)

Don't start attacking me..they have been around longer than us.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Anyone heard of these...the not so often used names...

Inter: the MERDAS (the shit'e's)

Juve: La Vecchia Putana (Instead of the old lady ..the old b*tch)

Don't start attacking me..they have been around longer than us.
most Italian teams are called Merda by their rivals.... is it more common with Inter?

Also, yeah, i've heard the La Vecchia Putana... we're also called the prisoners, convicts, stuff like that. :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
most Italian teams are called Merda by their rivals.... is it more common with Inter?
Not for as far as I know. I went to matches that involved Parma, Milan and Juve. No matter who played - the Merda's were around just the same :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuvenYang ] ++

Brescia are the Rondielle or "little swallows", but I don't know the origin or the relationship of these birds with Brescia. Perugia has a Griffin in its club badge, so that one is easy. "Blucerchiati" means "Blue with hoops".

Luigi Vampa

Aug 2, 2003
thanks for helping out padovano. hopefully in the future if i have any questions and people answer them for me you can come in and give the same answers. better to hear it twice to hear it twice;-)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Just trying to help somebody out. If the answer was already given then you caught me - I don't go through the whole thread reading responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)