Nicklas Bendtner (10 Viewers)

Mirko

Aug 29, 2012
Obviously prefer Berbatov to him. But to be honest, he is a no risk good reward kind of guy. And gives us an alternative modus operandi. He is probably better than 95% of strikers with 5 mil € price tag and we even get one season of him to check out if he'll do good in Serie A before needing to splash any cash on him.

He'll be 3rd choice this season but will start quite a few games. Better (more useful) than Matri in Conte's eyes (not mine) and at the end of the day this is the only thing that matters.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I like how half the assists were accidents or deflected shots. Either way he has some ball skills at least.
FYI he was used as winger in most of these clips - RvP was the targetman - HE was the one to score, not Bendtner.. Bendtner did score as well but the assists stem from attempts on goal and the orders from Wenger to pass rather then finish himself.. Mind you some of these assists are a couple of years old - Bendtner only being 24 today he'd be at the age of Gabbiadini in some of these clips..

Mirko

Aug 29, 2012
lwl91, your opinion of Bendtner. Being from Copenhagen and all. Where would you rate him between Boriello, Matri, Quag, Berbatov (current version). And do you think he can grow to be as good as Pazzini?

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
lwl91, your opinion of Bendtner. Being from Copenhagen and all. Where would you rate him between Boriello, Matri, Quag, Berbatov (current version). And do you think he can grow to be as good as Pazzini?
I think Bendtner is a big game player. He's sort of lazy based on his last two years in England. He was never given the chance for real in Arsenal and his loan spells didn't match his ambitions. He could thrive here in Juve! He will need to do a lot of fitness first as he's not the kind of player that runs for every ball - and he isn't used to those duties. If given a fair chance I definitely see him as a third choice starter by January. Matri has shown good form in pre-season but I guess we've all sort of concluded that he's reached maximum capacity by now.. Bendtner on the other hand - tons of potential yet to be fulfilled.. He's not the finished product but he is a gem worth polishing IMO..

Right now I would start Matri ahead of Bendtner but that is because of his pre-season performances, his knowledge to the tactics and him being Italian (Bendtner will still need some time to learn basic phrases).

Danish national coach Morten Olsen welcomed the move to Juventus, Bendtner being the first choice striker for the national team for the past 3 years, it's about time he takes his football to the next level. In Italy he'll have to show himself from scratch - in England everyone has an opinion on him whereas in italy he's fairly unknown - and those who know of him only know of him from his reputation off the field. New manager, new fans, new media - it's a fresh beginning for him and im sure he'll do everything he can to impress us all. The man want's to be the worlds' best so his ambitions will definitely match our expectations.. Not that I think he ever will become worlds' best but he could be a top 10 striker in the world IMO. (RvP being 28 before making his final break through)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think Bendtner is a big game player. He's sort of lazy based on his last two years in England. He was never given the chance for real in Arsenal and his loan spells didn't match his ambitions. He could thrive here in Juve! He will need to do a lot of fitness first as he's not the kind of player that runs for every ball - and he isn't used to those duties. If given a fair chance I definitely see him as a third choice starter by January. Matri has shown good form in pre-season but I guess we've all sort of concluded that he's reached maximum capacity by now.. Bendtner on the other hand - tons of potential yet to be fulfilled.. He's not the finished product but he is a gem worth polishing IMO..

Right now I would start Matri ahead of Bendtner but that is because of his pre-season performances, his knowledge to the tactics and him being Italian (Bendtner will still need some time to learn basic phrases).

Danish national coach Morten Olsen welcomed the move to Juventus, Bendtner being the first choice striker for the national team for the past 3 years, it's about time he takes his football to the next level. In Italy he'll have to show himself from scratch - in England everyone has an opinion on him whereas in italy he's fairly unknown - and those who know of him only know of him from his reputation off the field. New manager, new fans, new media - it's a fresh beginning for him and im sure he'll do everything he can to impress us all. The man want's to be the worlds' best so his ambitions will definitely match our expectations.. Not that I think he ever will become worlds' best but he could be a top 10 striker in the world IMO. (RvP being 28 before making his final break through)
:rofl: :lol: I need some of that shit you are smoking. It seems to be quite strong and effective :howler:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
:rofl: :lol: I need some of that $#@! you are smoking. It seems to be quite strong and effective :howler:
Then explain to me why he's scored minimum one goal in the past 4 encounters Denmark has had against Portugal? (very big opponent for Denmark)

Who would have thought van Persie would be one of the worlds' best strikers 4 years ago?

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/?position=1&nation=&team=&comp=#label

this list does not impress me - Bendtner could be here in a few years

(it's called Midnight Express btw)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Then explain to me why he's scored minimum one goal in the past 4 encounters Denmark has had against Portugal? (very big opponent for Denmark)

Who would have thought van Persie would be one of the worlds' best strikers 4 years ago?

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/?position=1&nation=&team=&comp=#label

this list does not impress me - Bendtner could be here in a few years

(it's called Midnight Express btw)
He's an average striker at best; he's been shit @ club level forever. He is lazy, clumsy, and his goalscoring record isn't impressive, whether it be for club(s) or country. Podolski scores a lot of goals for Germany, but he's always been a mediocre player @ club level.

As for that list, Castrol Football Rankings are a universal joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)