Nicklas Bendtner (13 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Suarez was realistic :lol:
He wasn't as impossible as you'd like to think. His wages aren't insanely high, and come next season, if Liverpool fail to qualify for the CL, he might want to move, and I don't see him staying in England ;)

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 17:53 ----------

Suarez was realistic :lol:
He wasn't as impossible as you'd like to think. His wages aren't insanely high, and come next season, if Liverpool fail to qualify for the CL, he might want to move, and I don't see him staying in England ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
suarez, jojo, lewandowski were pretty realistic

but even if it turned out to be unrealistic, marotta should've had plan B since the end of july or something, like hijacking eredivisie top scorers (most of them are still pretty young) or portugal league... or eastern europe or south america.

1st bold: Suarez was realistic? I guess he's so unhappy and want's to leave Liverpool that he just signed a new contract with them. And he'd cost at least 35-40 million and is not even the type of player we need! Jojo also isn't the type of player we need, but we tried, we offere money + players, later we even offered cash (a lot of cash if reports are to be believed) but Fioretina took him off the market and that was it.l Not even City could get him. 30 mil € is to much for Jojo, let alone anything above. Lebanowski would also cost around 25-30 mil € and he's not a proven top striker and is not worth that money. So he's realistic only if you take the Secco route of overpaying players.

2nd bold: What you are suggesting there is wasting money on average players. Buy someone who will cost 10-mil €, get a contract for a few years but will not be the top striker and will not fill that void, yet we'd have to pay him and would have problems offloading him for the same money. Basically, you are suggesting we do a Matri again, which is exactly what we should not do.

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 13:03 ----------

I don't know either but impossible is a too much of a stretch to describe the situation. Splashing the money needed is a possibility but once you have spend a great deal of your budget on other departments splashing becomes more and more difficult and the longer you wait in the market the harder it gets.

We had the money, it wasnt about the money but about the supply of strikers, noone was available. And the big deals usually take place late in the market, why would Fiorentina ffor example want to sell in July, to the ffirst bidder? It's not just on us to close the deal, the other club usually has a say in it too and usually they dont like being rushed but instead like to take their time to asses the offers/start a bidding war. So saying that it was easy to get a top striker in July is just wrong.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I don't know either but impossible is a too much of a stretch to describe the situation. Splashing the money needed is a possibility but once you have spend a great deal of your budget on other departments splashing becomes more and more difficult and the longer you wait in the market the harder it gets.
:agree:
Once Isla and Asa were ours, we should have straight away searched for that top striker! at least we would get more time to negotiate real targets instead of having to go from one player to the next to the next and finally its deadline day!
Marotta was just not doing it right in terms of searching for that top striker..

Hopefully we do real good in CL and the league and can get someone in January.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
... Still, his technique and first touch are pretty poor. His decision making ability is quite erratic, i always thought that would get better with time, but it seems its more down to a lack of intelligence than a lack of experience. His biggest drawback however, is that he tries to play a game that does not suit him. He's not a dribbler or a technical player, but he will always try and take defenders on regardless ...
Except the part saying about his poor technique, this description fits young Zlatan that came to us from Ajax. He obviously had good technique, but he always tried to get through defenders with the ball and often he failed. I'm not trying to compare them cause both of them were/are on completely different level, but man imagine we had player like Zlatan (or exactly him) in our team.

From that description of yours I'm just worried about one thing: his technique and first touch are 'poor'. I had hope he'd have decent ball skills as we need such player. So in other words: another Matri? I don't like it.

I always thought Arsenal players have good ball skills as they play possession-oriented type of football, a lot of one-twos on small areas and decent movement. Shame he's not one of those.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Madrid weren't looking for a top striker

Barcelona wasn't.

Chelsea wasn't

Both Manchesters only had their eyes on RVP

Why was it "impossible" to get a top striker again?

I'll tell you why, because we have a spineless amateur fool like Marotta as our Sporting Director.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Okay, Fred be honest with me, who fucks up more during a match Traore or Bendtner?
Man Traore is a horrendous player, he is less than average, unfair to Bendtner to compare the two. Bendtner could go on and be a decent player for midtable teams. Traore is nothing but an athlete.

Thanks. Allah yaster, met3awdeen :p

So, I'd assume that if Conte asks him to do what Borriello failed to do, he'd succeed.
I don't follow?

If you mean, would he be ok with the bench? I don't think he will, at least not for a long time. I'm sure he sees himself as Juve's star signing.

Except the part saying about his poor technique, this description fits young Zlatan that came to us from Ajax. He obviously had good technique, but he always tried to get through defenders with the ball and often he failed. I'm not trying to compare them cause both of them were/are on completely different level, but man imagine we had player like Zlatan (or exactly him) in our team.

From that description of yours I'm just worried about one thing: his technique and first touch are 'poor'. I had hope he'd have decent ball skills as we need such player. So in other words: another Matri? I don't like it.

I always thought Arsenal players have good ball skills as they play possession-oriented type of football, a lot of one-twos on small areas and decent movement. Shame he's not one of those.
He struggled a lot with our type of football, more often than not he'd fuck it up and lose possession

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If you mean, would he be ok with the bench? I don't think he will, at least not for a long time. I'm sure he sees himself as Juve's star signing.
I meant when Borriello was on the pitch, he was asked to hold up the ball and a lot of crosses were flying from both flanks. I assume Bendtner would do a much better job out of similar situations. But then again who wouldn't do a better job than Borriello.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Man Traore is a horrendous player, he is less than average, unfair to Bendtner to compare the two. Bendtner could go on and be a decent player for midtable teams. Traore is nothing but an athlete.

I don't follow?

He struggled a lot with our type of football, more often than not he'd fuck it up and lose possession
Well that's not good. Not good. I expected him to be decent in these things as he's an Arsenal product. Well he can't be worse than Matri/Quag can he?

From what I've seen he's much better than Matri on the ball, idk about the off the ball

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Being better than Matri on the ball isn't that much of an achievement. Still, i'd say that if he was better, not by much.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Being better than Matri on the ball isn't that much of an achievement. Still, i'd say that if he was better, not by much.

Yes, but your the arsenal fan so there isn't much that I know that you don't already know. I think he'll surprise many

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
"Bendtner is very convinced of his own qualities and is not afraid to try something difficult.. However, he will not stand out for his skills. He has chosen the wrong league if that's what he's aiming for." - Tacchinardi

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 17:53 ----------

Based on what? You are just making assumptions. He just extended his contract with Liverpool.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Well I know he's not RvP, but it's obvious (for this price). I like Matri, but I just hate his ball control and first touch cos he barely ever succeeds to do things that he wants to do. There's a pass to him - he'll most likely loose it and start to throw his hands in the air demanding a free kick on him when he clearly lost possession. He can't pass properly, turn around with the ball and shoot. He's just good in the box as his positioning is decent.

We cannot rely only on Vucinic/Giovinco when building our attacks. The prima punta needs to be able at least to pass back the ball to midfielder or to do some one-twos to his partner so our attack could go on.

The number of lost balls by our strikers every match is just ridiculous.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Madrid weren't looking for a top striker

Barcelona wasn't.

Chelsea wasn't

Both Manchesters only had their eyes on RVP

Why was it "impossible" to get a top striker again?

I'll tell you why, because we have a spineless amateur fool like Marotta as our Sporting Director.

Who?

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Well that's not good. Not good. I expected him to be decent in these things as he's an Arsenal product. Well he can't be worse than Matri/Quag can he?
Isn't that depressing, having to reassure ourselves that our "top buy" of the summer can't be worse than Matri/Quag.

Bendtner can do some great things...sometimes. But I think he can be a selfish player, and I can't see how that is going to fit in where we are now.

Apr 15, 2006
Isn't that depressing, having to reassure ourselves that our "top buy" of the summer can't be worse than Matri/Quag.

Bendtner can do some great things...sometimes. But I think he can be a selfish player, and I can't see how that is going to fit in where we are now.
As long as his finishing is better than all of our other forwards, he can be as selfish as he wants. :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think this might just be the first time i've ever seen someone praise Bendtner's touch and control.
I did say for someone of that size. I changed that line a couple of times, I mean his ability to control and dribble from a wide area more than anything else.

I'm sure he doesn't look that great in that respect next to the plethora of tippy-tappy one touch players Arsenal have had over the years, but I'm not buying that he can't play a bit. Wenger wouldn't play a limited technical player up front.

If anything, he seems to have too much confidence in his ability, trying to show he can be a Zlatan. My main problem with the move is that we already have an enigma up front, and then three guys who have yet to show consistency.

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 13:21 ----------

Did Cavani not wait to re-sign with Napoli right up until the end of the Mercato?

Suarez

Dzeko

Llorente
Euro 2012
Olympic football

Need to factor these in in terms of negotiating for players. Tournament transfer windows are always different, nothing moves until late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)