Nicklas Bendtner (11 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Watching all these YouTube videos makes him look like an amazing striker. Has great aerial ability and headers, great feet (both right and left) and he's a pretty good dribblers.

YouTube :touched:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I never took you for a Marotta Apologist Zlatan. You disappoint me ;)

I'm not defending Marotta personally. I do not like nor dislike him (I liked Moggi because he was boss :D)

I simply thing that the job done was not bad at all. The only thing missing was the top striker which was impossible to get.

All the other transfers were well thought through and seem very logical. Look at Milan for example, all their transfers seem pretty random, get who you can.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm not defending Marotta personally. I do not like nor dislike him (I liked Moggi because he was boss :D)

I simply thing that the job done was not bad at all. The only thing missing was the top striker which was impossible to get.

All the other transfers were well thought through and seem very logical. Look at Milan for example, all their transfers seem pretty random, get who you can.
A top striker was not impossible to get, we just make it hard on ourselves with the way we operate.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Because there is no such thing as Marotta apologist or Society, these are just crap that members come up with when they fail in putting in an argument.
Dru would vehemently protest that statement, and strongly disagree with you :D

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 16:51 ----------

I liked Moggi too :D I was only teasing you; I don't care if you are an apologist, like or dislike Marotta. It's all playful banter :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
My thoughts on Bendtner:

Pro
- Very mobile for someone who is 6'5"
- Uncommon touch and control for someone that size
- Useful in the air
- Has done better with Denmark than he has at Arsenal

Con
- Average finisher at best
- Thinks he is better than what he is - whether he buys into Conte's philosophy remains to be seen
- Off field activities, which should decrease with less of a pisshead culture in Italy

Overall he could be useful if he comes with the right attitude. We don't have a striker like him, and for a fourth choice attacker on loan he's not bad at all.

For people expecting a striker of a much higher current standing obviously he's very disappointing.
I think this might just be the first time i've ever seen someone praise Bendtner's touch and control.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He came on a free loand with a 5 mil € bhuyout clause, and his quality is pretty much around there.

Eversybody knows that, Marotta and Conte are not stupid to think he could be our top player. He was brought to offer another option in attack, like Boriello last year and he will probably not be a starter.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Give us a full analysis on Bendtner, Fred.
I have never and will never troll when it comes to Arsenal players mate :D

I seriously and sincerely wish him the very best wherever he goes, i really do hope he has a successful career. The guy tried and gave his all for the team whenever given the chance.

That being said, i really do not think he is anywhere near good enough to be playing for Juventus, and was shocked at the news to be honest. He has a very poor first touch, and is not a very intelligent player at all. While his confidence can be positive, as it makes him not afraid to play even against the best of teams and defenders, it can also be negative, because its misplaced, he doesn't have the talent to back it up. Too many times, he tries fancy flicks or moves to the flanks and tries to take on defenders, when skill and dribbling ability are not attributes that he has. I think he would develop a lot if he kept it simple and took advantage of his strength and height instead. Even then, his finishing is hot and cold, can be good sometimes, and ridiculously bad at others. All in all, i think he is a an average player that should be in a midtable club.

Moving to Juve will be good for his career though, he'll learn a lot i'm sure even if he probably will not succeed.

He's good in the air, and he's quite strong as his physique would suggest. Also, like Jay pointed out earlier, he's more mobile than players his size usually are. He moves around a lot, and is not static.

Still, his technique and first touch are pretty poor. His decision making ability is quite erratic, i always thought that would get better with time, but it seems its more down to a lack of intelligence than a lack of experience. His biggest drawback however, is that he tries to play a game that does not suit him. He's not a dribbler or a technical player, but he will always try and take defenders on regardless.

All in all, i find this to be a very strange move on Juves part. I'm sure they could have done a lot better than Bendtner, but i guess a couple of good games in the Euros raised his profile and misled some people.

In short: Allah ey3eenkom :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He's good in the air, and he's quite strong as his physique would suggest. Also, like Jay pointed out earlier, he's more mobile than players his size usually are. He moves around a lot, and is not static.

Still, his technique and first touch are pretty poor. His decision making ability is quite erratic, i always thought that would get better with time, but it seems its more down to a lack of intelligence than a lack of experience. His biggest drawback however, is that he tries to play a game that does not suit him. He's not a dribbler or a technical player, but he will always try and take defenders on regardless.

All in all, i find this to be a very strange move on Juves part. I'm sure they could have done a lot better than Bendtner, but i guess a couple of good games in the Euros raised his profile and misled some people.

In short: Allah ey3eenkom :D
Thanks. Allah yaster, met3awdeen :p

So, I'd assume that if Conte asks him to do what Borriello failed to do, he'd succeed.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I fail to see who we could realistically get and how. Real life is not FM.
suarez, jojo, lewandowski were pretty realistic

but even if it turned out to be unrealistic, marotta should've had plan B since the end of july or something, like hijacking eredivisie top scorers (most of them are still pretty young) or portugal league... or eastern europe or south america.

vaper

Aug 26, 2012
Bendtner to start, make Vucinic yell at him, get subbed at half time then sent to say hello to Elia. Right after Conte says "Ti ho detto"

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
suarez, jojo, lewandowski were pretty realistic

but even if it turned out to be unrealistic, marotta should've had plan B since the end of july or something, like hijacking eredivisie top scorers (most of them are still pretty young) or portugal league... or eastern europe or south america.
Dude..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I fail to see who we could realistically get and how. Real life is not FM.
I don't know either but impossible is a too much of a stretch to describe the situation. Splashing the money needed is a possibility but once you have spend a great deal of your budget on other departments splashing becomes more and more difficult and the longer you wait in the market the harder it gets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)