Nicklas Bendtner (3 Viewers)

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2014/09/15/5107444/bendtner-i-wasted-a-year-at-arsenal?ICID=HP_TS_10

Nicklas Bendtner has criticised Arsenal after claiming that his final season at the club was a "waste of a year".

The 26-year-old made just 12 appearances for Arsene Wenger’s side last term before leaving on a free transfer in the summer.

Bendtner was loaned out to Juventus in August 2012 but failed to score during his time with the Serie A champions after his campaign was disrupted by a thigh injury.

Bendtner returned to Arsenal last summer after Juve opted not to make the loan move permanent but was close to joining Crystal Palace before Wenger opted to keep the Denmark international at the Emirates Stadium.

“I was loaned to Juve. It went well there. I played regularly, and I was fit. Then I got injured, had to miss the next six months,” Bendtner told Bild.

“We were champions, I wanted to stay. But Arsenal took me back. I wasted a year there. That annoys me the most.”

Bendtner completed a move to Wolfsburg earlier this summer but has not secured a starting place in the club’s opening three Bundesliga games.

“Wolfsburg is obviously different. But it’s not bad here. And if I want a larger city, one is by train in an hour in Berlin. There I have many friends,” said the striker.

“I miss my son. If I have a day off, I will always try to travel to London to spend time with him. London is my city, I lived there since I was 16.

“Of course, I also miss my friends. But the VfL is my new beginning. The important thing now is football. Life comes afterwards.”

:rofl:What a tool....To say he played regularly here and the only reason the deal was not made permanent was because Arsenal didn't want it....

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Do you guys think he knows he's a running joke because of his constant failure at club level? "I was fit, but I was also injured for 6 months" :lol:

Maybe he's gonna do a Luca Toni and suddenly blossom into a world class finisher?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
not much to joke about, he really is a Lord, Lord of glencoe ;)
Didn't know it was up in Glencoe :lol:

He is a running joke, though. That thing about him being literally one of the most confident people in the world meaning that he refuses to accept that he is not a top player and never will be - Luca Toni scenario excepted - pics like him sitting on that throne indicate that he knows people love him. Does he realise that it's because he's a bit of a joke?

By the way I absolutely love the guy :heart:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Didn't know it was up in Glencoe :lol:

He is a running joke, though. That thing about him being literally one of the most confident people in the world meaning that he refuses to accept that he is not a top player and never will be - Luca Toni scenario excepted - pics like him sitting on that throne indicate that he knows people love him. Does he realise that it's because he's a bit of a joke?

By the way I absolutely love the guy :heart:
I say fair play to the guy :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
100%! Bendtner, Borriello and of COURSE Luca Toni will always have a wee place in my heart for playing the smallest of small parts in the journey of this club through the past few years. Not Anelka though, he brought no chat at all.
absolutely hated anelka, there was just no charisma or character to him at all I can see why he is so disliked. Has to be one of the most useless and pathetic signings in recent years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)