Nick Against the World (102 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
$100 is a lot

Do you know how many beers you can buy yourself with that?
Well probably enough for a few nights at least. That's why now I don't wager much on these sort of things. When I get older though and have money I think I will bet my life away.

Dec 27, 2003
On the subject of Heysel :

I was but a little kid at the time but I already loved football and remember very well seeing the images on TV. It’s hard to believe that 20 years have already passed. I also know some fans who attended the game, one of whom - a friend of my father - has pretty much lost his mental health as a result of what he saw that day. So to a certain degree I am more affected by Heysel than others.

The sequence of events we all know : both sections instigating each other, Juve fans throwing missiles towards the Liverpool fans, the latter reacting by charging them and the poor conception of the stadium and idiotic sharing out of the seats by Belgian auhorities doing the rest. The hooligans had already been stirring shit in the city in the hours preceding the game, but apparently that was not sufficient for the incompetent organisers to anticipate the tragedy.

So are the Juve fans as guilty as the scouce? Hell f***ing no. I don't give a damn how the hooligans have been provoked : their reaction is nothing short of animal. People were trampled down against barriers, suffocating. They knew this and they kept pushing. The attempt to justify such an irrational and criminal reaction to an alleged initial provocation is just sickening. As for the (tens of) thousands of innocent dead Iraqis : of course their life is as worth as anyone else’s, but people usually don’t have the same expectations from a football match as they do from war.

Finally, it is indeed appalling that it had to take 39 dead for hooliganism to be tackled. Yet our own Federation doesn’t seem too preoccupied with the current turn of events in our own stadiums. But then again, the football world has never paid too much heed to the lessons of history. The Belgian Federation itself has been very keen on cancelling that shameful chapter from collective memory, as the Heysel stadium has been renamed and as the only sign left of what happened that day is an insignificant commemorative plate under the ex Z stand. To write the names of the victims on it apparently was already asking too much.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
On the subject of Heysel :

I was but a little kid at the time but I already loved football and remember very well seeing the images on TV. It’s hard to believe that 20 years have already passed. I also know some fans who attended the game, one of whom - a friend of my father - has pretty much lost his mental health as a result of what he saw that day. So to a certain degree I am more affected by Heysel than others.

The sequence of events we all know : both sections instigating each other, Juve fans throwing missiles towards the Liverpool fans, the latter reacting by charging them and the poor conception of the stadium and idiotic sharing out of the seats by Belgian auhorities doing the rest. The hooligans had already been stirring shit in the city in the hours preceding the game, but apparently that was not sufficient for the incompetent organisers to anticipate the tragedy.

So are the Juve fans as guilty as the scouce? Hell f***ing no. I don't give a damn how the hooligans have been provoked : their reaction is nothing short of animal. People were trampled down against barriers, suffocating. They knew this and they kept pushing. The attempt to justify such an irrational and criminal reaction to an alleged initial provocation is just sickening. As for the (tens of) thousands of innocent dead Iraqis : of course their life is as worth as anyone else’s, but people usually don’t have the same expectations from a football match as they do from war.

Finally, it is indeed appalling that it had to take 39 dead for hooliganism to be tackled. Yet our own Federation doesn’t seem too preoccupied with the current turn of events in our own stadiums. But then again, the football world has never paid too much heed to the lessons of history. The Belgian Federation itself has been very keen on cancelling that shameful chapter from collective memory, as the Heysel stadium has been renamed and as the only sign left of what happened that day is an insignificant commemorative plate under the ex Z stand. To write the names of the victims on it apparently was already asking too much.
Well said...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Thank you for clearing that matter up, Libero.

Mar 7, 2005
Who said they were as guilty as SOME on the scouse? Noone. Simply tired of this being painted as hooligan Liverpool against innocent Juve. Those juve fans were idiots imo, isnt it fairly obvious that if you throw 'missiles' at some drunken english they are going to react? This isnt Italy were supposidly we throw piss at each for a good days fun. They didnt do it for nothing, they didnt just decide to start fighting with Juve fans. Where you there and do you know what went on before? No.

SOME Liverpool fans reacted, stupid reaction and uncalled for reaction. But I highly doubt any of them could see what was going to happen.

And you conviently left out the rest. How Juve fans invaded the pitch inciting alot more trouble, one even firing a pistol.

So yes certainly that section of the scouse fans should be blamed, but you should try to keep a clear head when thinking on such topic.

Also the I know someone who knows someone thing dosent really mean anything.

War in Iraq comment. Wasnt made in comparison to that incident. It was made it response to 'the world dosent need anything' and as example of something Andy should spend his energy on, rather than hating Liverpool for a stadium disaster that happened before he was born. Maybe then if some people cared more about today than yesterday we wouldnt have such a fvcked up tomorrow.

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Thank you for clearing that matter up, Libero.
Oh yeah PERFECT!

Let someone elses opinion 'clear' the matter up for you. God forbid you had to look at the subject yourself with an open mind and come to your own conclusions.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I'd like to meet you in person Claire. Wondering if you are this vicious in person.
I'll be in England sometime in October, maybe we can hook up then.

OP
IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,650
    ++ [ originally posted by Negative Creep ] ++

That would make sense if he had an england flag. Not a union jack. Looks like he's making a pro-british statement. :howler:
    its a tradition I don't have the patience nor time to explain so enough with the HOWLER's ffs
    stop assuming everyone is blatantly mis-informed....

do some lines and clear your mind :cheesy:

Mar 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

its a tradition I don't have the patience nor time to explain so enough with the HOWLER's ffs
    stop assuming everyone is blatantly mis-informed....

Yeah sorry, that howler was misplaced.

It does though make no sense. I understand the tradition of waving the flag of the nation you are about to 'conquer'. But with the union jack its different and not something I have the patience nor time to explain to you considering you still, after Ive told you many times, call me british :D

Easy mistake though I guess, yet costly :D

:rolleyes:

Mar 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    I'd like to meet you in person Claire. Wondering if you are this vicious in person.
    I'll be in England sometime in October, maybe we can hook up then.
    This isnt vicious and im not vicious at all. Though if your London perhaps, depends if you have brought me a carton of duty free smokes from the airport :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004

This isnt vicious and im not vicious at all. Though if your London perhaps, depends if you have brought me a carton of duty free smokes from the airport :D
    I will be in London. And when the time comes, we'll talk about the smokes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Oh yeah PERFECT!

Let someone elses opinion 'clear' the matter up for you. God forbid you had to look at the subject yourself with an open mind and come to your own conclusions.
    Oh I do, and I strongly agree with him. Of course you're not going to like it, but too bad. I have encountered many Liverpool fans online who think the Juventus fans should blame themselves for what happened. NOT the case.

Mar 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    I have encountered many Liverpool fans online who think the Juventus fans should blame themselves for what happened. NOT the case.
    Who? Thats a total lie. Noone has ever said it was Juventus fans fault. Only that they played their part.

Lets end this discussion, you're showing yourself to be a fool time and time again.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14,658

a carton of smokes...wow..you come cheap Claire

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Who? Thats a total lie. Noone has ever said it was Juventus fans fault. Only that they played their part.

Lets end this discussion, you're showing yourself to be a fool time and time again.
    You are the fool for making assumptions. I said "online" you despicable genious, not on this forum. That Urchin guy should read Libero's post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)