Nick Against the World (111 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think you have to add a little weight to the final for choosing who should be the man of the tournament. And eventhough Italy won and France lost, IMO, Canna didn't have one of his better matches yesterday whereas ZZ was as brilliant, and as idiotic, as ever.

Sep 28, 2002
thats the point, the voting was done before the final.. foot in a mouth for fifa twice in a row for fifa. kahn and his blunder in 2002, zidane and his antics this time round.

and what a disgrace zidane is. certainly the best player since maradona, if not better than the latter and such a way to end such a glorious career. no matter what matrix said, you, as a captain, cannot do that to your team in the extra time of the world cup final. you simply cannot.
thank you for the memories zizou, but i wont miss you after this.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
The atmopshere here was incredible. Thats the first time ive ever tasted shootout victory aswell.

Even though I am Italian through my Mother only, I still felt amazing yesterday. I can only imagine what hardcore full blooded Italian fans felt.

To comment on the match, Italy great first half, poor second, and extra time was equal.

Zidane... what can I say? I was shocked. How can someone end their career like that, I will never know. Oh well, at least he will certainly be remembered forever.. for the wrong reasons.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:
I think you have to add a little weight to the final for choosing who should be the man of the tournament. And eventhough Italy won and France lost, IMO, Canna didn't have one of his better matches yesterday whereas ZZ was as brilliant, and as idiotic, as ever.
what he did in the extra time should have had a bigger influence for mvp. Basicly he just washed down all his and his teammates hard work in the 90 minutes. He was the captain! and he let down his team with that incident! I agree with fliakis, you just simply cant do that in the world cup final!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I wanted Canna to win it as much as anybody else. But he did not have a particularly good final, IMO. Zizou got rightfully ejected and perhaps demoralized his team somewhat -- yet it did nothing to bolster Italy's attack when he left so late. While on the pitch, he still dominated play and scored France's only goal.

As bad as an incident as that was, I think his performances overall outweighed it. They wouldn't have even been in that match if not for him.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:
I wanted Canna to win it as much as anybody else. But he did not have a particularly good final, IMO. Zizou got rightfully ejected and perhaps demoralized his team somewhat -- yet it did nothing to bolster Italy's attack when he left so late. While on the pitch, he still dominated play and scored France's only goal.

As bad as an incident as that was, I think his performances overall outweighed it. They wouldn't have even been in that match if not for him.
well we can only speculate how zidane red card influenced other french players morale, and well zidane would have been a certain penalty taker.

actually what was more stupid imo was that domenech took out henry, sure there was time to score(13 minutes) the winning goal, but even then, henry is a good penalty taker.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
swag said:

Thank god someone finally takes out their Italian contact lenses for a second.

Zidane fucked up, yes, he fucked up BAD, yes, but he still owned everyone.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Stephan said:
well we can only speculate how zidane red card influenced other french players morale, and well zidane would have been a certain penalty taker.

actually what was more stupid imo was that domenech took out henry, sure there was time to score(13 minutes) the winning goal, but even then, henry is a good penalty taker.

When going to the bench, henry could hardly walk, if you look closely it's clear he had cramps

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Thank god someone finally takes out their Italian contact lenses for a second.

Zidane fucked up, yes, he fucked up BAD, yes, but he still owned everyone.
And believe me -- Trez and Thuram aside -- I like France as much as I like Real Madrid. :yuck:

(As if my avatar were an indication...)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Zidane singlehandedly rolled up Brazil and seeing as the FIFA award was decided during halftime, I can see why he came out on top. The man is a living legend, he deserves this award.

Besides, Cannavaro just won the World Cup as captain of the Azzurri in his 100th international game, I doubt he cares about not winning the golden ball :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Jeeks said:
Zidane deserves what he got, he brought a team managed by a retarded fake of coach to the World Cup final all by himself.
bit like baggio in 94:oops:
we should have known anyway as fifa dont like to give awards to defenders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)