Nick Against the World (232 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Andy, you're normally levelheaded in your analysis. But you like everyone else are capable of emotional reactions to things that aren't based entirely on logic.

To show you I'm not so blind either, the record-setting 24 yellow cards was ridiculous. But then 16 of them came in one match where they had committed only 20 fouls.

I thought cheats were people who got away with things -- earning PKs off of dives, weaseling out of situations where cards should have been given against them. I guess I was wrong.

Andy said:
But whatever the case, Portugal will be known for being embarrassed by Germany in the third place match, and being the only team to have ever had two simulatneous divers in the same box during one respective match. Well done Scolari, well done.

But at least Maniche was good.
If the third place consolation/exhibition match is what we use to judge any sort of competitive worthiness, there's really no point in discussing any further.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sergio said:
Easiest path of all teams, huh??

Angola and Iran.

That's all I have to say.

Angola and Iran.

Oh, and playing an uninspired and overrated England with a man advantage for 60 minutes and not being able to score a goal speaks volumes about Portugal.
Absolutely right, Sergio.

But you forgot to include "still sucking" in your post.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
The Pado said:
Ze T, you can stop pissing about Italy's easy path. When you win the "Group of Death" you deserve some benefit. Did you see Italy getting Saudi Arabia, Togo, or Angola? Hell no. And, If the French had done better in the group, it would have been Italy-France in the Quarterfinals, so cry to FIFA, not to the Vinman.

Potugal? Not bad, but at the end they played like a bunch of Greeks.
Sergio said:
Easiest path of all teams, huh??

Angola and Iran.

That's all I have to say.

Angola and Iran.

Oh, and playing an uninspired and overrated England with a man advantage for 60 minutes and not being able to score a goal speaks volumes about Portugal.
My Italian friends. First of all, I'm not against the Azzurri, they've been my 2nd squad since I can remember.

2nd of all, let me clarify what I meant. I meant the elemination round. Even if you want to speak of the group stage, yes, Portugal was in a group with Angola, Iran, and Mexico. Mexico being the only real competition. Italy had to play the US, Ghana, and the Czechs. The Czechs being the only real competition. I don't see a huge difference.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zé Tahir said:
My Italian friends. First of all, I'm not against the Azzurri, they've been my 2nd squad since I can remember.

2nd of all, let me clarify what I meant. I meant the elemination round. Even if you want to speak of the group stage, yes, Portugal was in a group with Angola, Iran, and Mexico. Mexico being the only real competition. Italy had to play the US, Ghana, and the Czechs. The Czechs being the only real competition. I don't see a huge difference.
Are you seriously comparing the USA and Ghana to Angola and Iran?

Forca Portugal. :howler:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Andy said:

Not really related, and I don't think that's what you intended, but I am guessing you weren't aware of the difference between "Força Portugal" and "Forca Portugal". One is along the lines of "Forza Azzurri". The other? "Forca" is Portuguese for the gallows -- i.e., "Hang Portugal". :pumpkin:

All depends on the soft C or the hard C.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Andy said:

No, I was comparing the them all to Italy and Portugal respectively. But if you insist, why not? Ghana v Angola would be interesting, Iran v USA would be enjoyable...In many ways.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
swag said:
Not really related, and I don't think that's what you intended, but I am guessing you weren't aware of the difference between "Força Portugal" and "Forca Portugal". One is along the lines of "Forza Azzurri". The other? "Forca" is Portuguese for the gallows -- i.e., "Hang Portugal". :pumpkin:

All depends on the soft C or the hard C.
There is no difference between a soft dive and a hard dive.

No matter what, half your squad is a bunch of divers.

:pint:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
All I know is that I never never never never never never never want to meet Portugal ever ever ever ever ever again.

Somebody better give us a good draw on the upcoming Euros. I'll take a group with France, Italy and Spain as long as Portugal isn't in it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
swag said:
Henry should be doing a lot more than what he's done -- other than being offsides all the time. Part of that could be because he's trapped in Domenech's horrible system. But for a guy to be that vocal about not being a woman who doesn't dive at the CL final recently, and then do what he's done in this WC? He deserves every mockery coming to him. :agree:

and this is what I'm afraid of...

being a bit of an Arsenal fan, I see week in and week out what Henry is capable of....and even though I like Luca Toni, he is NOT yet in the class of Tierry

lets hope the real Henry doesn't awake until the EPL kicks off in August

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Erik-with-a-k said:
All I know is that I never never never never never never never want to meet Portugal ever ever ever ever ever again.

Somebody better give us a good draw on the upcoming Euros. I'll take a group with France, Italy and Spain as long as Portugal isn't in it.
That draw has already been made. Holland landed with old friends Romania, Belgium is drawn with Portugal, and Italy and France have been drawn in the same group. :pint:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
For all my peeps pissing on Portugal, just ask yourselves if your own team showed more than Portugal. I know that big names like Czech, Sweden and England were wretched. The USA preferred to not even show up. And I defy anyone to argue that Brazil, yes the almighty gods of futebol BRAZIL, played at the level of Portugal. Simply put, Portugal was not that bad.

And, I stand by my statement that they were a bunch of Greeks by tournament's end.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Yesterday, after fapping a shoe and reaching the 60 mark, I commented to Burke that his own Fappy could use some work, as it had stalled at 57 for some time. Within an hour, that boy manged to Fap 12 shoes as his Fappy shot to 69. RESPECT! I could never have Fapped 12 in an hour, not even when I was 18. Burke, you are truly doing the lord's work.

Just don't let me catch you padding your Fappy. That shit don't fly.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Erik-with-a-k said:

Cups are like one giant game of rochambeau. For Portugal, you don't want to be Holland or England. But you definitely want to be France. Especially if you're facing Brazil. Otherwise you don't want to be facing Brazil... etc., etc.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Vinman said:
and this is what I'm afraid of...

being a bit of an Arsenal fan, I see week in and week out what Henry is capable of....and even though I like Luca Toni, he is NOT yet in the class of Tierry

lets hope the real Henry doesn't awake until the EPL kicks off in August
Amen to that. But there's one thing that can give Azzurri fans hope in this department: Domenech.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The Pado said:
That draw has already been made. Holland landed with old friends Romania, Belgium is drawn with Portugal, and Italy and France have been drawn in the same group. :pint:
Yes I know, I was referring to the actual tournament. In qualification there's always the play-offs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 232)