Nhl (2 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well Well Well, Nicholas, are we testing my knowledge of all things Bleu, Blanc et Rouge??

OK, here we go.

#1) This unfortunate Goalie was the victim of some very astute drafting by the Canadiens brass when they selected Patrick Roy in 1986, that poor gentleman's name is Steve Penney.

#2) Now, since the only Sergio I could think of was the french version, which is Serge, my first thought was Serge Savard, but he was FAR from not living up to expectations. So my guess would be my actual namesake and say Sergio Momesso. Quite a goon back in the day, although he was drafted to be a lot more than that.

#3) The third one was easy, since those Canadiens teams of the late 60's to Mid 70's had about fifty nickmanes for each of their players, but "The RoadRunner" belonged to none other than Yvon Cournoyer.

Now, Kind Sir, I would like to ask YOU a few questions, and see how well you fare.

Ready??

You Sure??

OK, Heeerrrrreee we go..................

#1) I was a low draft pick of the Canadiens, which is even more insulting considering my stature as one of the greatest of all time at my position to play hockey. However, I was never able to play one game for Montreal. Who Am I.

#2) My nickname is the "Babe Ruth of Hockey" Who am I??

#3) I was a first round draft pick of the Montreal Canadiens, however my selection infuriated the Montreal media, especially considering that the player directly behind me, was not only a multi-time All-Star and a near Hall of Fame player, but he was also a francophone. However, that player later came to play for Montreal in what is considered one of the most lopsided deals in franchise history.

3 part question. #1) Who was the first round pick of Montreal?
#2) Who was chosen directly behind me
#3) When we acquired that certain player(the player who was selected directly after montreal's pick), who did Montreal give up in return in this lopsided deal.

please note: This quiz is for Incubo ONLY.

This disclaimer is for everyone else.

Do not, I repeat PLEASE DO NOT answer this quiz if you are not Incubo. I'm asking this as a favor. Thank you.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Jan 31

Buffalo-NY Rangers 3-1
Toronto-Ottawa 5-1
Islanders-Florida 4-2
Washington-Vancouver 1-6
Detroit-Carolina 4-4
Columbus-Minnesota 2-1
Tampa Bay-Atlanta 5-2
St Louis-New Jersey 1-4
Nashville-S Jose 3-2
Phoenix-Dallas 4-5
Edmonton-Los Angeles 3-4
Pittsburgh-Philadelp 3-5
Montreal-Boston 0-1

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Where the hell is Incubo.

I answer his questions, and then give him 3 of my own, and.............................nothing.

Yes, Glenn. Keep telling yourself that, and maybe someday it will come true.:)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
#1) I was a low draft pick of the Canadiens, which is even more insulting considering my stature as one of the greatest of all time at my position to play hockey. However, I was never able to play one game for Montreal. Who Am I.

#2) My nickname is the "Babe Ruth of Hockey" Who am I??

#3) I was a first round draft pick of the Montreal Canadiens, however my selection infuriated the Montreal media, especially considering that the player directly behind me, was not only a multi-time All-Star and a near Hall of Fame player, but he was also a francophone. However, that player later came to play for Montreal in what is considered one of the most lopsided deals in franchise history.

3 part question. #1) Who was the first round pick of Montreal?
#2) Who was chosen directly behind me
#3) When we acquired that certain player(the player who was selected directly after montreal's pick), who did Montreal give up in return in this lopsided deal.

please note: This quiz is for Incubo ONLY.

This disclaimer is for everyone else.

Do not, I repeat PLEASE DO NOT answer this quiz if you are not Incubo. I'm asking this as a favor. Thank you.
GRRR....

1) this one is tough and I don't want to cheat on google or something however I think its TONY ESPOSITO but I remember he played a season as a back up for the habs so I'm really not sure...good one..I'll get you back.
2) Howie Morenz...the famous Funeral at the FORUM on Ste Catherine street ..collapsed in a hospital bed...I've seen the documentaries
3) Doug Wickenheiser choosen over Denis Savard...later Denis Savard acquired for Chris Chelios :(

Did you mean first round pick in 2003? the Andrei Kostitsyyn (sp?) guy...after him was Philly's choice but I forget the name.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He was the key component in a Multi-player deal for Rod Langway and Doug jarvis. please don't remind me again.

Andre "Red Light" Racicot.

Rollie Melanson, current Goaltenders coach.

The answer to #1 on my quiz is Vladaslav Tretiak, the USSR goalie from the 72 world cup and '80 olympics. (7th rd pick in '83)

And you answered part 3 correctly, I just broke that question down into 3 segments.

Suffice it to say that we know our Habs pretty well :)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
SERGIO:

1. In the 1986 run for the Cup this "duo" teamed up to score a goal 9 seconds into overtime vs. Calgary.

2. When the Habs went from the forum to the then Molson Center this captain carried the "torch".

3. Name the coach prior to Pat Burns AND the coach PRIOR to Jacques Lemaire.

4. for WHOM was Rick Walmsley traded?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)