Neymar - Forward - PSG (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2015
Obviously a lot of work needs to be done until the end of the mercato and we are not in the catbird seat. Things change though and we can afford to stand still for a while(financially). Clubs would come up with better proposals and some players might change their mind in a week or 6 months bench time. Most of the guys on the sell list are old, but are not in their last contract. If you want a retirement plan in China/USA you've got to play.

That would be sick. I would prefer Neymar on the left and DC on the right... but ok. :wine:

Yeah that would be sick, but I think this is onla a fake story.
WE NEED INSIDER INFORMATIONS ;-)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, I'm aware he has great stats

Are you trying to blame not winning CL for PSG on him alone? If so defenitely should not be Juve player, since no single player no matter how amazing can give this club CL title...

He won all other titles and is absolutely performing top level aslong as he is healthy to play.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't realize Globo was a strong source. maybe we are enquiring. still dunno how #s work though...

They are not whatsoever.

But who knows on random singular stories, Tuttosport are full of shit but they were correct and first on Ronaldo for instance.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Are you trying to blame not winning CL for PSG on him alone? If so defenitely should not be Juve player, since no single player no matter how amazing can give this club CL title...

He won all other titles and is absolutely performing top level aslong as he is healthy to play.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not whatsoever.

But who knows on random singular stories, Tuttosport are full of shit but they were correct and first on Ronaldo for instance.
This isnt such hard thing to do considering they are linking us with every single player on the planet.. Hell Im even sure they linked us to Messi more than once..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Neymar will go to Barca tho for sure if he is leaving, they are really short handed. Dembele is 5 weeks injury, Suarez 4 weeks injury (and seems kinda done), Messi have barely had a pre-season and not ready to go. Got rid of Coutinho and Malcom. So defenitely right now, bizzarely enough, they have more of a need for Neymar then before. Tho technically speaking, he is just luxury signing for all clubs interested (Barca, Real or even us) , not a single one of them MUST sign him, they have good attacks already.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

I'm saying I know he is a great player, but the impression i get from him as for all his talent and reputation, he doesn't seem to rise to the occasion.

Admittedly I dont watch a lot of football nowadays, but when I do it tends to be the latter stages of CL and big international games. On these occasions he never impresses me, but maybe I watch at all the wrong times :p (same as Griezmann)

On paper he would obviously add quality to our team, but I'm not sure he'd be worth the investment.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'm saying I know he is a great player, but the impression i get from him as for all his talent and reputation, he doesn't seem to rise to the occasion.

Admittedly I dont watch a lot of football nowadays, but when I do it tends to be the latter stages of CL and big international games. On these occasions he never impresses me, but maybe I watch at all the wrong times :p (same as Griezmann)

On paper he would obviously add quality to our team, but I'm not sure he'd be worth the investment.
Has many years in him + great marketability + reputation increase + Definitely a future golden ball winner - The only downside is his behavior (and maybe injuries as well)

I say get Neymar now, get Pogba next year and get Mbappe when Ronaldo retires thats it.. Now its time to wake up.. We arent getting him..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Griezmann has deserved his semi-choker reputation despite half the problem being Atletico were really under dogs in those big ties. But he missed pks and few big opportunities in few of those ties to get some negative attention.

Neymar tho? Never got that impression with him, and trust me people have it so easy to dislike him that he would had this tag for sure if it was remotely close to true. He pretty much rises to the occasion club and international level, at Barca he carried them in several big games Messi or Suarez went quiet, in particular that insane comeback vs PSG. He saved PSG many times. He generally is very productive in most games, big or small. Even in national he has been stellar almost every time, except ONE big exception, last world cup, thats his first genuine complete and utter failure as a player in major tourno I seen. Even in the 2014 WC that was bigger failure at home for Brasil, he was individually great for them, so hard to blame. PSG go out in CL despite him performing strongly, not because he isnt (only blame he has for this CL failures is missing games due to injuries).

I genuinely worry about him solely for 1 reason, I dont even care about the attitude part, there have been many primadonna cunts in top footie that been dominating still, and he is still a fairly driven professional despite this dumbass character (so dont get the lolzillian part majorly effecting his career peformances yet, it isnt really). The ONE and only thing I worry about in signing him (besides being overpaid at 30m+), is his health for past 2 years. Before that he was super durable mostly, most kicked to bits player you can imagine since he was a teen, but he was mainly ok except minor stuff. But last 2 years been fairly significant injuries that held him back. Tho he has played 30ish games per season despite those injuries.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Has many years in him + great marketability + reputation increase + Definitely a future golden ball winner - The only downside is his behavior (and maybe injuries as well)
Nah

- - - Updated - - -

Griezmann has deserved his semi-choker reputation despite half the problem being Atletico were really under dogs in those big ties. But he missed pks and few big opportunities in few of those ties to get some negative attention.

Neymar tho? Never got that impression with him, and trust me people have it so easy to dislike him that he would had this tag for sure if it was remotely close to true. He pretty much rises to the occasion club and international level, at Barca he carried them in several big games Messi or Suarez went quiet, in particular that insane comeback vs PSG. He saved PSG many times. He generally is very productive in most games, big or small. Even in national he has been stellar almost every time, except ONE big exception, last world cup, thats his first genuine complete and utter failure as a player in major tourno I seen. Even in the 2014 WC that was bigger failure at home for Brasil, he was individually great for them, so hard to blame. PSG go out in CL despite him performing strongly, not because he isnt (only blame he has for this CL failures is missing games due to injuries).

I genuinely worry about him solely for 1 reason, I dont even care about the attitude part, there have been many primadonna cunts in top footie that been dominating still, and he is still a fairly driven professional despite this dumbass character (so dont get the lolzillian part majorly effecting his career peformances yet, it isnt really). The ONE and only thing I worry about in signing him (besides being overpaid at 30m+), is his health for past 2 years. Before that he was super durable mostly, most kicked to bits player you can imagine since he was a teen, but he was mainly ok except minor stuff. But last 2 years been fairly significant injuries that held him back. Tho he has played 30ish games per season despite those injuries.
Maybe you're right, you've definitely seen a lot more of him :p It just seems to be a lot of "the team failed despite Neymar". Eventually if he's a good as he's supposed to be, he will lead his team to glory. Time will tell

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Maybe you're right, you've definitely seen a lot more of him :p It just seems to be a lot of "the team failed despite Neymar". Eventually if he's a good as he's supposed to be, he will lead his team to glory. Time will tell

Leading teams to glory is not as simple as it sounds, he has been in 2 European clubs, he defenitely lead Barca to glory even if Messi gets all the hightlights, he was AMAZING for them. And not just ways that shows up in the scoresheet (that comeback vs PSG he didnt score, but was completely unstoppable and reason for the comeback). For PSG they have been a flawed and artificial top team since the second he got there, more egos then team building, and he is part to blame for that. But its a clown club basically, and he has individually done brilliantly for them. He is not in charge of how the whole team is set up, only how he performs. And thats the reason they demanding so much despite all the issues. They know they have the 3rd best player in the world. That never changed, his attitude or health may have, but not his top class ability.

P.S Old clips, but a short reminder if you think he is a choker.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

get him on a work routine with CR7

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Even in national he has been stellar almost every time, except ONE big exception, last world cup, thats his first genuine complete and utter failure as a player in major tourno I seen. Even in the 2014 WC that was bigger failure at home for Brasil,
And that’s largely because he wasn’t match fit for the World Cup having come off a major injury. He was simply out of sync and practice. Otherwise, yeah... his record for the national team is better than almost all of their greats if I recall.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Leading teams to glory is not as simple as it sounds, he has been in 2 European clubs, he defenitely lead Barca to glory even if Messi gets all the hightlights, he was AMAZING for them. And not just ways that shows up in the scoresheet (that comeback vs PSG he didnt score, but was completely unstoppable and reason for the comeback). For PSG they have been a flawed and artificial top team since the second he got there, more egos then team building, and he is part to blame for that. But its a clown club basically, and he has individually done brilliantly for them. He is not in charge of how the whole team is set up, only how he performs. And thats the reason they demanding so much despite all the issues. They know they have the 3rd best player in the world. That never changed, his attitude or health may have, but not his top class ability.

P.S Old clip, but a short reminder if you think he is a choker.

I really am not in a position to argue with you tbh :biggrin: But I wouldn't say choker, that's too harsh, more like not a leader.

Anyway the part in bold is the way I feel we're getting to lately, though we haven't gone so far yet. But chopping and changing the squad in large numbers every year, little continuity and identity, trying to do moves like Dybala for Icardi... Spending a shit load on Neymar after all the changes we've already made would be another step toward that - though adding a lot of technical quality on an individual level, would there be an equivalent increase in the strength of the team? I guess we wouldn't know that unless we see it, but that's what I have doubts about.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And that’s largely because he wasn’t match fit for the World Cup having come off a major injury. He was simply out of sync and practice. Otherwise, yeah... his record for the national team is better than almost all of their greats if I recall.

Yeah he was just returning for major injury, and pretty much rushed back IMO. But his attitude going into that tourno was bad, just led to him trying to survive the tide by diving all over the place. He allways been a diver, but it was the first time he was performing badly AND diving. So became a meme player due to it.

But defenitely that tourno shouldnt define him, since he has been a dominating force for Brasil, most productive player since Ronaldo for them (and he has him beat in consistency/longevity, if he doesnt break down with injuries too). The 2016 Olympics was defenitely Neymars swansong as a player. Or games like vs Croatia in 2014 world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)