Neymar - Forward - PSG (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think the fact we have built a stadium will mean they will try to pump as much money and try and get as many stars as possible, to attract fans to the stadium.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Neymar's abilities are undoubtable but at the moment we need someone like Dzeko. That being said, if we could afford to sign him then we'd be fools not to. Screw the attitude problems. Today's Juve can't afford to pass up on such a talent. Besides players like Neymar aren't the most loyal kind; I'm sure we could sell him to Real or Barca down the line and make lots and lots of profit on it which will make the 30m look like a bargain.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
this guy can replace DP , Dzeko to replace Trez, maybe not both player in the same transfer window, but i hope we end up with both in due time.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
I'm not trying to argue with you.

I've re-read your posts and I still take the inference I already stated.

That's clearly not what you meant, though.
That's because i'm not Neymar's biggest fan. And i wont be too overjoyed if he joins us eventually.

From the several times i've watched him, it's clear to me the kid is pure talent i wont deny that, but i have my doubts whether he is disciplined and mature enough to succeed at big european club.

Moreover, i think those 30 millions are better spend on Dzeko.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Again, I never said I'd prefer him over Dzeko. I didn't really read many posts here so no idea if anyone said that.

Price is a complicated thing and many factors change it. Like only the fact that he's a talented Brazilian will raise his price, Brazilian market does that same as it's one of the most expensive markets out there. I agree price sounds high but you take the risk and pay the potential he offers.

Kaka, world class player, choked in Madrid so we can't be sure Dzeko would shine and Neymar would flop, it's why I said every business activity involves taking risk. Benzema also had huge price back in the days and now we have Lukaku who also costs a loooot and why? Because he scored 100 goals for youth Anderlecht? Well, yes and no. It's potential we go after usually and this guy surely has it.
I know you didn't i just brought up a possible scenario to you.Of course any business is a risk but as Nenna perfectly highlighted, buying players with potential shouldn't cost you an arm & a leg. That was the point i was making between choosing Dzeko over Neymar.

One has established himself in a reputable league while the other hasn't.Dzeko has delivered the goods & quite rightly has a good reputation.

As is, how many times have we had players with potential & just wasted them by loaning them out? I'm not saying Neymar is on par with the players with potential we've had but im just pointing out that we don't exactly have the best record with nurturing younger players & developing their skills.

But the beauty of buying players with 'potential' is that you don't have to pay 30 million euros for them. Krasic had potential, we bought him for 15 million and he's turned out to be a steal. And the reason we didn't pay 30 million is because he was yet to fulfill that potential at a higher level.
:tup:

+rep.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's because i'm not Neymar's biggest fan. And i wont be too overjoyed if he joins us eventually.

From the several times i've watched him, it's clear to me the kid is pure talent i wont deny that, but i have my doubts whether he is disciplined and mature enough to succeed at big european club.

Moreover, i think those 30 millions are better spend on Dzeko.
Fair enough. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)