News that makes you say WTF! (50 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
From that same reddit link Jay, this one had me in tears :lol:

It's amazing these people can even get themselves dressed in the morning.

I will say though, in my experience women tend to be worse with left-right confusion, especially with mirroring. It doesn't seem to be strictly an intelligence thing....but in this case.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's amazing these people can even get themselves dressed in the morning.

I will say though, in my experience women tend to be worse with left-right confusion, especially with mirroring. It doesn't seem to be strictly an intelligence thing....but in this case.
there’s usually an arrow by your gas meter that points to the side of the car it’s on, but most people don’t know this

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I dunno, cars have gotten a lot more complicated. A few years ago my wife and I rented a car to head down to Joshua Tree. If you don't know, it's in the desert pretty much in the middle of nowhere. So we stop in Barstow, CA on the way there for some Mexican food as sort of a last bit of civilization before heading in.

The parking lot is filled with people in rental cars -- people who can't unlock their trunks, people who can't figure out how to trigger the ignition on their cars, people who can't get around the safety locks on the rear windows, etc. It was a circus. New cars have too many non-standardized technology features that the average schmuck hasn't a clue as to how to operate them anymore.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I dunno, cars have gotten a lot more complicated. A few years ago my wife and I rented a car to head down to Joshua Tree. If you don't know, it's in the desert pretty much in the middle of nowhere. So we stop in Barstow, CA on the way there for some Mexican food as sort of a last bit of civilization before heading in.

The parking lot is filled with people in rental cars -- people who can't unlock their trunks, people who can't figure out how to trigger the ignition on their cars, people who can't get around the safety locks on the rear windows, etc. It was a circus. New cars have too many non-standardized technology features that the average schmuck hasn't a clue as to how to operate them anymore.
that’s what YouTube is for

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I hate back up cameras

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Often it's just about common sense. First time I had a car where I had to engage the clutch alongside the ignition to start the engine - 20 seconds of messing about I noticed the dash screen actually told me what to do. Then you have keyless motion, same thing. Modern cars have all these messages and diagnostics, it's just that people are either too daft or lazy to take a minute to understand something.

I do agree with more standardisation, there shouldn't be so many different ways to open compartments.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Often it's just about common sense. First time I had a car where I had to engage the clutch alongside the ignition to start the engine - 20 seconds of messing about I noticed the dash screen actually told me what to do. Then you have keyless motion, same thing. Modern cars have all these messages and diagnostics, it's just that people are either too daft or lazy to take a minute to understand something.

I do agree with more standardisation, there shouldn't be so many different ways to open compartments.
A lot is standardization, IMO. Depending on the vehicle, there's like 4 different kinds of ignitions, three places to put the gas cap, seven places to look where you can open a gas cap, six locations to find the headlight switch, etc.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
People literally just love to complain. Why doesn’t she say anything about stadiums and arenas looking like vaginas? Or is that how patriarchy designed them so they can demean women? You can make up anything you want if you look at something hard enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)