News that makes you say WTF! (37 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah especially people in the US seem to have no idea whatsoever about the country (or Europe in general).

Although it's probably even sadder when Europeans themselves got no clue.
Of course Sweden aren't going to collapse, but they do have some serious problems which it seems they're starting to acknowledge. But they still don't want to talk about it. And when someone do, they're being disguised as bigots and racists (thank you far left wing feminists and identity politics). When you're not allowed to adress these problems you'll have these extreme far right media's who's only there to spew racist shit. Sweden also have - by far - more right wing extremism than in Norway and Denmark.

Edit: I forgot. Because of Sweden's neutrality during WW2, they never had a judicial break with Nazism. That plays a role too.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Of course Sweden aren't going to collapse, but they do have some serious problems which it seems they're starting to acknowledge. But they still don't want to talk about it. And when someone do, they're being disguised as bigots and racists (thank you far left wing feminists and identity politics). When you're not allowed to adress these problems you'll have these extreme far right media's who's only there to spew racist shit. Sweden also have - by far - more right wing extremism than in Norway and Denmark.

Edit: I forgot. Because of Sweden's neutrality during WW2, they never had a judicial break with Nazism. That plays a role too.
Do Denmark and Norway have similar problems? How have they addressed them?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Do Denmark and Norway have similar problems? How have they addressed them?
Not really, but I think the problem in Sweden is they high numbers they take in. Actually, Denmark is worse than Norway and Sweden, when it comes to labor force participation rate. We took in a lot of people, when the economy was booming, and thought people would integrate themselves or go back home. We also got a favorable social security net.

Edit: And our policians do nothing other than using a xenofobic rhetoric, which makes our Muslim communtity feel even more marginalized, + a strict immigration law (we're still one the countries taking in the most refugees, though). Right now, we're in limbo, because of the refugee crisis and nothing is happening other than right wing populists gaining further ground.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
wat :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Is this shit for real? :lol:
This must be an The Onion piece right? Right? Huffington post quoting it just for late april fools gag, right? right?
It has to be, or else it's worldclass trolling
Turns out, it was :D

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...ses-job-after-outlet-tracks-him-down-at-work/

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sweden also have - by far - more right wing extremism than in Norway and Denmark.

What makes you say that? The Status quo in Denmark and Norway are more far right then Sweden. Do you mean Sweden has a higher growth rate for far right extremism? If so you would be correct, because its been fairly open social democrat/liberal friendly status quo for so long, that when things become haywire with mismanaged immigration or culture crash wise the far right extremists has grown rapidly and become more open/active. While litterally our two neighbouring countries dont even need to reach such a sudden point because your far right dont have much to react to, maybe not extremist, but your countries are ruled more by far right leaning or sympathetic parties (that are more isolationist/more acceptable semi xenophobia) then we have been for quite a while. Especially Norway.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Now I realize I'm probably being ignorant here and doing a great disservice to people suffering from OCD, a disease I know nothing about, but...getting mentally disturbed people to think about guns a lot might not be the very best idea

Plus what do you reckon the chances are this is mostly lobbyists pushing gun sales?
ERP (often combined with medication) is a proven cure of OCD. If someone has intrusive thoughts of stabbing people the cure is for a trained mental health professional to hand the patient a knife and have them just sit with the thoughts. Eventually the intrusive thoughts become powerless. I'd imagine if the thoughts were about guns you could replace knife with gun.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
ERP (often combined with medication) is a proven cure of OCD. If someone has intrusive thoughts of stabbing people the cure is for a trained mental health professional to hand the patient a knife and have them just sit with the thoughts. Eventually the intrusive thoughts become powerless. I'd imagine if the thoughts were about guns you could replace knife with gun.
Fuck OCD, seriously.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
What makes you say that? The Status quo in Denmark and Norway are more far right then Sweden. Do you mean Sweden has a higher growth rate for far right extremism? If so you would be correct, because its been fairly open social democrat/liberal friendly status quo for so long, that when things become haywire with mismanaged immigration or culture crash wise the far right extremists has grown rapidly and become more open/active. While litterally our two neighbouring countries dont even need to reach such a sudden point because your far right dont have much to react to, maybe not extremist, but your countries are ruled more by far right leaning or sympathetic parties (that are more isolationist/more acceptable semi xenophobia) then we have been for quite a while. Especially Norway.
Let me be more specific: Right wing violence. We discussed this before and I showed you a link with stats (which I can't find anymore). I got a good long read about, but you need a paid login to read it + it's in Danish.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Let me be more specific: Right wing violence. We discussed this before and I showed you a link with stats (which I can't find anymore). I got a good long read about, but you need a paid login to read it + it's in Danish.
Oh that I know, I thought you meant general leaning and attitude of the country which I would disagreed on. In terms of violence I know its worse here now, its more of a clash then I ever seen (not even early 90s which was only other time where racist parties had a big boom, can be seen as anything close to now), refugee camps being burnt down by neo nazis, chaotic in some school districts etc, a general open confrotional attitude in the public forum that antagonizes these extremist loonies, due to the disgusting populist rise of Sverige Demokraterna etc.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

The Huffington Post is a disgrace. Breitbart of the left.
I really don't like the Huffington Post, or Buzzfeed or whatever, but that's a prime example of one of many of those ridiculous false equivalences that have been floating around.

Ironically enough, this very case is the best example of that. The Huffingtonpost here at least had the decency of this follow-up (had been posted a few posts above http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...shelley-garland-and-why-he-did-it_a_22046533/), which is imo amazingly fair and non-judgmental to the guy behind it all). I doubt you'd find similar stuff for Breitbart or any other right-wing extremist site.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't like the Huffington Post, or Buzzfeed or whatever, but that's a prime example of one of many of those ridiculous false equivalences that have been floating around.

Ironically enough, this very case is the best example of that. The Huffingtonpost here at least had the decency of this follow-up (had been posted a few posts above http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...shelley-garland-and-why-he-did-it_a_22046533/), which is imo amazingly fair and non-judgmental to the guy behind it all). I doubt you'd find similar stuff for Breitbart or any other right-wing extremist site.
Huffingtonpost is worse in that it's more harmful to healthy and constructive conversations about the problems that do exist. BS that beritbart spews is toothless. Oulets such as Huffingtonpost and vox have greater reach, and they are extremely reckless and irresponsible (vox to a less extent, Huffpost is cancerous). By blowing extremely sentimental triva out of proportion, they take a lot away from the severity of problems that indeed exist. I despise their journalism more than that of Beritbart's that I tend to not give a shit about anyways.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)