News that makes you say WTF! (36 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
US: 14 dead in shooting during 'The Dark Knight Rises' show

Aurora (Colorado, USA): A gunman opened fire early on Friday at a movie theater in the Denver suburb of Aurora (Colorado, USA), killing 14 people and leaving at least 50 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said. The shooting occurred during a showing of the latest Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," police said.
The violence erupted about 12:30 am MDT as the gunman stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall.
"Witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire," Oates said at a news conference.

One suspect is in custody and there's no evidence of any additional shooters, Oates said. There was no immediate word of any motive.
Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.
"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.
Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."
Two people in critical condition were rushed to the nearby Swedish Medical Center, spokeswoman Nicole Williams said. She said emergency crews told her staff to prepare for several more patients from the shooting scene.
"We're on standby to receive," she said.
Aurora is located on the southeast outskirts of Denver, about 10 miles from downtown.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/us-10-dead-in-shooting-during-new-batman-movie/272483-2.html

Apr 15, 2006
Just saw that on the news. Crazy shit! 2 of my closest friends are from Denver, and one of them is there right now. I hope he wasn't in the theater, although he was morning his father's death, didn't seem like someone who'd be crazy enough to watch it at the premiere.

As for the deceased, Requiescat in pace.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I read about it yesterday, but as new details surfaced I feel even more sick to my stomach. This asshole had a great future ahead of him and he chooses carnage. It was so odd that we were talking about why people watch superhero movies just yesterday and then we have some bastard who emulates the Joker of all people.

Apr 15, 2006
Karnataka to spend Rs 17.5cr for rain puja

BANGALORE: Chief minister Jagadish Shettar may have declared that he is an atheist, but that's not going to alter a government order on a special rain prayer.

The BJP government has set aside Rs 17.5 crore to be spent on prayers to invoke the gods to bless the state with rain, and counter the state's worst drought in 42 years, which has led to a scarcity of drinking water. On Friday, the muzrai (religious endowment) department issued a circular to its 35,000 temples across the state to hold special pujas to propitiate the Rain Gods. The pujas, comprising Varuna Mantra, Jalabhisheka and Parjanya Japa, will be held on July 27 and August 2.

"We've released Rs 5,000 to each of the 35,000 temples to conduct special pujas on two different days,'' muzrai minister Kota Srinivas Poojary said. While Rs 5,000 appears to be a small amount, the overall prayer bill can do a great deal for those in the grip of drought.

Defending the government's stand in seeking divine intervention, Poojary said: "I strongly feel only God can help us from nature's fury. The pujas are being held not just for the welfare of the people but also livestock. I am confident the special pujas will bring prosperity to the entire state.'' Poojary said he would also appeal to churches and mosques to hold prayers for rain.

It's isn't just Poojary who is superstitious . He only appears to be following in the footsteps of his predecessors, Es En Krissnaiah Setty and VS Acharya. As muzrai minister in 2008-09, Setty had ordered daily puja, distribution of Tirupati laddus and Ganga jal in all government temples for the welfare of the BJP government and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa. An embarrassed Yeddyurappa had had the order withdrawn.

----------------------------

They actually think that praying to gods for rain will actually work!!! :sergio:

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Just saw that on the news. Crazy shit! 2 of my closest friends are from Denver, and one of them is there right now. I hope he wasn't in the theater, although he was morning his father's death, didn't seem like someone who'd be crazy enough to watch it at the premiere.

As for the deceased, Requiescat in pace.

explain!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)