News that makes you say WTF! (35 Viewers)

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Police: Man shot wife with toilet paper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REIDSVILLE, N.C., July 21 (UPI) -- Police in North Carolina said they arrested a man who allegedly loaded his gun with a wad of toilet paper and shot his wife in the back.

The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office said Lonnie Irvin Pinnix, 38, loaded the pistol with toilet paper when his wife, Darlene Pinnix, 55, returned to their Reidsville home shortly after midnight Tuesday, WGHP-TV, High Point, N.C., reported Wednesday.

Investigators said the wife lay down on the bed and Lonnie Pinnix shot her in the back with the toilet paper ammunition when she refused his demands to get back up. Deputies said Darlene Pinnix was taken to a hospital to receive treatment for powder burns.

Lonnie Pinnix told deputies he shot his wife because she wouldn't leave, the report said. He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and jailed in lieu of $1,000 bond.

:lol2:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Gulf states order Blackberry users to cover their phones in a tiny burqa

New laws in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will require that every Blackberry user dress their phone a miniature burqa and face veil.

‘The Blackberry burqa means that people can still use their phones,’ said a Saudi government official, ‘but the tiny niqab that covers the screen will stop them from reading emails or accessing the Internet.’

The introduction of the burqa is intended to conceal the Blackberry from unwanted attention. With the veil in place only a tiny slit remains revealing just the time and date, thus preserving its modesty.

‘This is not about censorship or oppression,’ said UAE telecommunications regulator Mohammed al-Ghanem, ‘this is about preserving the essential purity of the Blackberry and protecting it from being corrupted.’

Some businessmen believe that making their phone wear a burqa can be very liberating. ‘It’s great,’ said one, ‘with the veil in place I am free to walk about with my Blackberry in public without the feeling that people are staring lustily at my multi-media application. It also covers my shame for not owning an iPhone.’

Some religious groups have welcomed the policy. ‘If Allah had meant us to freely access the Internet He would have given us web browsers in our heads,’ said a local imam, adding ‘There is absolutely no mention of instant messaging in the Koran and at no point did Muhammad, or any of his eleven wives, ever say LOL, ROFL or PMSL.’

If the Blackberry burqa is successful it may spread to other countries. However, experts say that dressing your phone in a burqa could result in poor reception, especially in France and Belgium.

The British government has yet to declare an official line on phone burqas although Immigration Minister Damian Green said that to ban them would be ‘very unBritish’. He went on to explain that, ‘the British thing to do, as always, is to grumble and tut.’

The Saudi government have promised that anyone who refuses to dress their Blackberry in a burqa will face harsh punishment. ‘I am not saying exactly what we will do,’ said their Minister for Justice, ‘but suffice to say that it isn’t so easy to text with your toes.’

------------

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Some businessmen believe that making their phone wear a burqa can be very liberating. ‘It’s great,’ said one, ‘with the veil in place I am free to walk about with my Blackberry in public without the feeling that people are staring lustily at my multi-media application. It also covers my shame for not owning an iPhone.’

:lol:

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
"The players were then asked to step up in turn and publicly criticize manager Kim Jong-hun, who had apparently been singled out for punishment. He has been forced into a construction job because, it is thought, his team's failure is seen as a personal betrayal of Kim Jong-un, the son of current leader Kim Jong-il"

:wth: man that's unacceptable.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Perfect.

I find this part extremely funny:

"But when the team put up a remarkably good show against Brazil, narrowly losing 2-1, hopes were raised and the second game against Portugal was shown. The team lost 7-0. And then lost again, 3-0, in their last game against the Ivory Coast."

:lol:

The government was probably expecting them to finish 3rd or not concede i dunno 7 goals in a game.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I dunno, i'm from a country that beats Brazil and Argentina in WC qualifiers and then loses to the likes of Peru and Bolivia. Hence not qualifying.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Report: Blatter says ties may be scrapped at WCup

(AP) – 23 hours ago

BERLIN — FIFA president Sepp Blatter says soccer's governing body will consider eliminating ties in all World Cup games.

Blatter said Saturday on Germany's Focus weekly that the dramatic change would make the tournament more interesting. He says the change could involve going to a shootout after 90 minutes of regulation or adding sudden-death overtime.

Sudden-death overtime was used in the knockout rounds of the 1998 and 2002 World Cups. FIFA then reverted to its previous rule of having teams play a full 30 minutes of overtime if tied at the end of regulation in the knockout rounds.

First-round games have always ended in draws if tied at the end of regulation.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
it made me say wtf..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)