new work!! (6 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Work has been absolutely boring the last 3 days, nothing to do, just sit, stare, gist with the colleagues and then go back home :mad:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Just because we are in the mid year slump? Happens everywhere. Half the people who can afford it in these parts are thinking of how they can junket to Europe or the US for a month holiday...

I have a wedding to save for (weddings are expensive this way), so I can't afford that luxury this year...

BTW, I turned down the job in Lagos.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Lagos is not for me, not anymore...

It's just the way it is here, one can't avoid it. Will you come for my wedding? We've agreed to fix it for 28 January next year, at least you can get away from the winter :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I like the winter! It's autumn that's the bitch in this country. Fucking storms drive me up the wall.

So you haven't been able to confince your fiancee that a small (read: cheap) wedding is romantic then? :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
It's not about her. It's about the families, mine and hers...

See, cheap (read: small) weddings are not the in thing in this part of the world. And I can't see a way to by-pass that. She's a shy sort and as such would prefer a small affair, but reality indicates that that can't happen.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Nuts. Alright, here's the invitation you should send out to everyone:

"Wedding blablabla [date]

You are all welcome. Please bring one bottle of alcohol, a plastic plate and a folding chair per person."

:D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
:rofl:

Nah, around here, all you bring to the wedding is yourself, and of course the gift (at the Church wedding). The rest is up to the young couple who may probably be about to throw themselves into some seriousdebt!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
If he's rich, and she's the last born...

Normally they'd say something like Na mi wan marae ma pikin, which translates to Am I the one marrying my daughter

Her dad doesn't like me much you see, as with most fathers here. They think you are taking their daughters away from them :sad:

Hell, I'd probably be like that 20 years down the line...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)