New Players (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
denco,i don't think you should look into ancelotti's supposed success at milan,he doesn't have half as much power and doesn't make as many decisions as other managers.

berlusconi actually chooses the formation for every match,i doubt ancelotti was totally responsible for kaka,pancaro,cafu and potentially davids' transfers
I suppose Berlusconi is responsible for one of the best decisions by any manager in a long time by playing Pirlo in front of the defence and lets be honest , Carlo brought the best out of Zidane in the league which Lippi failed to do

Yes Berlusconi does have some influence but it cannot be total as no manager would tolerate that at all

And he does not take off Kaka to replace him with Kaladze in a game Milan have to win and he has never played Nesta in the midfield in a crucial Cl match in which Milan were 1-0 down

Lippi's football like Hitzfield is based way too much on the physical , athletic power football rather than creativity and subtlety

In Lippi's first term in charge we always started games very well ,as for the first 20 minutes or so, we used to completely dominate teams but if we didn't score during that period we were always in trouble but at least then the football was passabel
Now its just incredible to watch a team with no player in the midfield to dominate possession and control the tempo of the game no matter how superior we are to the opposition, we hardly dictate the play,we are either attacking or defending, there is no in between and thats so disappointing

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I suppose Berlusconi is responsible for one of the best decisions by any manager in a long time by playing Pirlo in front of the defence and lets be honest , Carlo brought the best out of Zidane in the league which Lippi failed to do

Yes Berlusconi does have some influence but it cannot be total as no manager would tolerate that at all

And he does not take off Kaka to replace him with Kaladze in a game Milan have to win and he has never played Nesta in the midfield in a crucial Cl match in which Milan were 1-0 down

Lippi's football like Hitzfield is based way too much on the physical , athletic power football rather than creativity and subtlety

In Lippi's first term in charge we always started games very well ,as for the first 20 minutes or so, we used to completely dominate teams but if we didn't score during that period we were always in trouble but at least then the football was passabel
Now its just incredible to watch a team with no player in the midfield to dominate possession and control the tempo of the game no matter how superior we are to the opposition, we hardly dictate the play,we are either attacking or defending, there is no in between and thats so disappointing
this is a sight to behold

I agree with every single word. down to the last one

:eek:

brilliant minds think alike

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
A playmaker is not needed. Just someone who can add creativity to the squad. Someone who comes from the bench and can be a winner with just one pass.

Aimar is too expensive.
D'Ale will never leave, and we can do better
Diego, well he is good. I would take him, but only in two years. He is too young at the moment.

Pizzaro is my man!
Diego too young? Thats what everyone said about Kaka, and look at them now. They are a better side than us with more creativity, and that is what wins games, Lacki. Milan actually plays with two playmakers, Pirlo and Kaka, and sometimes they even put on Rui Costa. That is what sets them apart from this boring Juve side.

Unfortunatly, you think Pizzaro is great, but he is far from the skill of Diego or D'Alessandro.

If a playmaker is not found, we will watch the same boring Juve as this year and may not win anything. That is what I am afraid of.

We a need another creator in midfield, or Milan will run away with everything again. It is as clear as day!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Well, but Diego is even younger than Kaka! I have to tell you that I like Diego a lot, and I want him at Juve, but I just think its too early! Lets sign him, and leave him at Santos for one season.

We are not boring and every team has his own style of football.
We like to play with our fullbacks, Zambrotta and next year hopefully Trabelsi, who add a lot of creativity. And with Jankulovski and Nedved together, I tell you we will be fine.

I don't think we need a playmaker like Kaka at the moment. What we need is a player in midfield, how can win the balls, can pass and make the play from a deeper position. Jankulovski and Pizzaro guys IMO.

By the way, you are always talking about D'Alessandro! Tell me something: How many games of him did you see this season???

And Pizzaro is IMO better than Pirlo, because of his defensive abbilities. He will give us the creativity we need.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Diego too young? Thats what everyone said about Kaka, and look at them now. They are a better side than us with more creativity, and that is what wins games, Lacki. Milan actually plays with two playmakers, Pirlo and Kaka, and sometimes they even put on Rui Costa. That is what sets them apart from this boring Juve side.

Unfortunatly, you think Pizzaro is great, but he is far from the skill of Diego or D'Alessandro.

If a playmaker is not found, we will watch the same boring Juve as this year and may not win anything. That is what I am afraid of.

We a need another creator in midfield, or Milan will run away with everything again. It is as clear as day!
this year, juve is having a drop.. do you think if all of our players are in their top form, we'll still be at the same situation now.. it's just not our year.. simple..

the only players needed are defenders.. maybe one more AM..

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Isn't Nedved a playmaker?
Not really .... he plays between the left and the middle

If he is given a free role and allowed to play as playmaker and doesnt have to go to the left .. he will do better

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
There are some very true thoughts about our position, and about Milans wonder-team. I dont know any facts, but IMO maybe money playz some part in this situation. I think Milan and Roma pay much more wages than us.

Just think about Rivaldo's wage was 5 million/year (nearly as much as DP's) and it was not a financial scandal that he played 15 minutes in every 5th match. In Rome, the club fined Panucci 100.000 euros which is said to be between the third or quarter of his monthly wage (quck counting, he earns about 4 mill a year).

Roma is only surviveing couse "salva calcio" I.-II. while Milan seems to have all the money of the ford which is not surpriseing since their owner is the Italian prime minister.

Our financial policy is different, so till the economical state of soccer wont get better, we wont build superstar team like Milan, but an economical one hopefuly not only in financial term.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

as usual denco,you've convinced me already.:thumb:

:swears never to oppose denco again:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)