New Penelty Rule (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Seven.. the ultimate reference point of football knowledge as usual ;)
Well, I should know, because I play football week in week out for a club. And I doubt our coach is willing to screw up a golden opportunity from the spot by not telling us about new rules. Besides, whenever a new rule is introduced the ref says so before the game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Well, I should know, because I play football week in week out for a club. And I doubt our coach is willing to screw up a golden opportunity from the spot by not telling us about new rules. Besides, whenever a new rule is introduced the ref says so before the game.
Fair enough

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++
I am watching Bahrain Vs. Uzbek right now...Uzbek won a penelty. but when the Uzbek player scored the penelty the ref cancelled it and gave bahrain a foul. The commentator said that this is a new rule, because another uzbek player entered the box before the penelty was shot the ref awarded bahrain a foul. Is this a new rule instead of just replaying the penalty? If so I think it is kinda stupid, players are just anxious. I dont think that they do it deliberately to distract the GK!
I didn't know the ref must cancel the penalty.I thought (and have seen in some matches) that if something like it happens the player has to replay his penalty.
so tell me,if the Bahraini player entered the box before the penalty was shot,what would happen?(imagine if the Uzbek player missed his penalty in this case)

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    FIFA decided to replay both matches in october because this stupid ref!

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++
    FIFA decided to replay both matches in october because this stupid ref!
    why the hell they decided it?the ref was at Bahrain side and canceled a true penalty kick for Uzbekistan.but they won.now they decided to replay the match?:confused:

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #32
    because its a home-away match and a goal cancelled could change everything.....

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

why the hell they decided it?the ref was at Bahrain side and canceled a true penalty kick for Uzbekistan.but they won.now they decided to replay the match?:confused:
    Uzbekistan orignally appealed for a 3-0 win :groan:.. FIFA turned it down..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)