New offside rule (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
There is new rules in italy this season. A slight change in the offside rule that can lead to dramatic changes.

There will no longer be offside if a player is in an offside position but doesn't touch the ball before it goes in the goal. So only players who are offside and then touches the ball will be waved for offside.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Isnt that already the rule, also known as passive offside? If a player in an offside position isnt affecting play, he wont be waved offside.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
no goat. the best example is the CL final when Shevchenko scored a goal and it was ruled out. apparently this no longer be an offside if the player only disturb the goalkeeper or affect the play. at least that is what I think

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont agree. As far as I know passive offside has been around for years, and that is what Zambrotta is talking about. The Schevchenko goal was ruled out, altho wrongfully, because play was affected as one of the Milan players was standing in Buffons line of sight while in an offside position. If he hadnt been standing directly in fron of Buffon the goal would have stood.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
OK, well by the rules passive offside might have not been reckognized, but most if not all refs allowd play to go on if the player wasnt affecting play.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
you'r confused goat :D
the new rule doesn't cancell the passive offside rule, it cancells the situations when a player disturb the keeper, like in the CL final

Malamenga

Dec 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
no goat. the best example is the CL final when Shevchenko scored a goal and it was ruled out. apparently this no longer be an offside if the player only disturb the goalkeeper or affect the play. at least that is what I think
I think the best example was Corradi's 'no-goal' against romma. Final score: 1-1. For those who don't remember it was called offside because Couto was in an offside positon but was no where near the ball and was all the was to the goalies right:fero:. If we had any competent linesmen for the game we would have won and would have finished **3rd**; ahead of Milan.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
hehe a Lazio fan I guess :D
I didn't see that game but I was dissapointed that Milan didn't finish 4th too. if they finish 4th, all the stupid Milan fans would shut up because no good team finish 4th in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)