It means that Real Madrid and Brasil have finally changed
the italian previous defensive mentality. :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Platinì

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    c'mon John... don't tell me that we bought Di Vaio for €23 million, just to play cards with Salas and Zalayeta looking at Trezeguet and Del Piero.
    and Milan got Inzaghi, Sheva, Thomasson, Rivaldo, Pirlo, Seedorf
    just to make them play for Berlusconi's birthday ?

I know how u can feel for the many poor performances of our squad (especially in Europe) in the last few years, but IMO there is no team who can perform in a spectacular way always :
    and you can't deny this, look Milan of Gullit, Rikard, Baresi, or Real Madrid of Butragueno and Sanchis...

So John i can't tell you how Marcello will play exactly in the next few games, but I do can tell you that he was used to play with Baggio, Vialli and Ravanelli when no other team in Europe
    was playing with more than 2 strikers :)

Jul 28, 2002
    wow...chill out mate....hey i was just saying that i wanted to see how lippi played the team...Zala is not gonna get many if any games as i suspect that we will rotate dv and salas, dpeneding on form.

But chill i agree with u, but i just want to see what happens, u never can be sure....Blackpool bout two wingers.....i thought we were gonna play with wingers.....no they were converted to left and right backs...so ijust want to weight...just think Dp could be playin creative just in front of a very defensive davids tachi and baiocco....with two striker up front....still not THAT attacking imo

But hey maybe we will get treated with Dp, Dv and salas/trez upfront at once.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    The fact that you are playing 3 strikers does not mean that you are playing more attacking football than a team who is playing with 2 strikers just depends on what you are telling the strikers to do

And doing it against Empoli, does not mean you are being adventurous and Milan are basically playing with just Milan upfront

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    If were so "offensive minded" , Lippi would not have let up in the game versus Feyenoord, where it seemed he was satisfied with the tie.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    inter also have good attacking players upfront but that does'nt mean they play attacking football but who knows, maybe we can play attacking football like in the good years. remember we have top strikers and last year we scored the highest number of goals in italy and play some few attacking games in CL (like 4-0 against levekusen)

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
    Maybe game vs Feyenord was someth like the turning point? Macrello can study on his own erorrs. No attack - no win, it's 100% rule in Europe. Even Bayern Munich plays very aggresive and don't sit back near the own net - just pressing everywere every second. I think we are going in this direction, because it's sure that Juve (or any Italian club at all) can't play like Real or Barca - without defence, and useing 2-5-3 tactics.
    Forza Marcello!

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I think it's too risky for Juve to play with 4-2-1-3 like they did against Empoli, I know we won but I think Lippi should consider it all over again, we should not using that formation, especially to play against big teams.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    I think it's too risky for Juve to play with 4-2-1-3 like they did against Empoli, I know we won but I think Lippi should consider it all over again, we should not using that formation, especially to play against big teams.
    Why not? It isn't as if we have any wingers to play in the mid-field, so what is the point of puting more players there?

OP
    Platinì

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

here we go !

That's what I mean for "new mentality" :D

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    It seems that Italy's woeful showing in the world cup has finally been used to good effect by the Italian teams, long may it continue, the only spoilsport seems to be Capello

OP
    Platinì

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    Capello seems to have big problems this year at Roma,
    mainly due at the contrast with Sensi,
    I believe we will see him soon on the Inter bench, while Cuper
    should reach the argentina national team

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Platinì ] ++
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

here we go !

That's what I mean for "new mentality" :D
    That's hardly new, mate. It is just very un-Italian.

OP
    Platinì

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    :confused:

Well,
    to say that italian clubs and NT have been playing a pleasant football in the last 3 years, is not, IMO a "very italian" speech, but I'd rather say is not the most wise thingh one can say :D

Jul 12, 2002
    Bringing the NT into this just brings up the fact that Trapp is a dinosaur, and his team plays like one too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)