New Manager New Tactics (1 Viewer)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
4-4-2 isnt good for maresca, hes not the player to take the playmaker role for juve ( in comparison with diego for example), and hes not that tough in defensive role, the coach has to play 5 in the midfield where Maresca stands between the AM and the DM

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think it's silly to say "we're getting a new manager, why don't we try the 4-4-2 formation". the formaion is decided by the manager when he knows what players he has, we can't say "Okay Didier, try to fit ____ players into a 3-5-2" :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Dident you know? Maresca will be transfer to Roma, in exchange of emerson and 6 million euros...
Do you love saying that or something? All I ever see is bull like that. Again, NOTHING IS DONE YET!

Alex

May 1, 2004
unless our defence is revamped we may as well play 9 defenders!!

I would like to see more attacking Juve- not neccessarily more agrressive though.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
4-4-2 isnt good for maresca, hes not the player to take the playmaker role for juve ( in comparison with diego for example), and hes not that tough in defensive role, the coach has to play 5 in the midfield where Maresca stands between the AM and the DM
Strange that you think that way.. i think Maresca is perfect for 442 as he is a good two way central midfield player.. a deep laying playmaker that can still keep the shape of the formatiion (very important in 442 ) , and not necessarily be an Attacking midfielrder to attack for goals and leave his post...

on that basisi.. he have no place n 4231 .. as the 2 DM are completely defensive and... he is not atttacking enough tobe the AM in Nedved place...

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
depends on who will be with us next year more than the manager. THe manager will play the best players in a formation that suits them

OP
arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by epitaph ] ++
    4-3-1-2 i think this is the best tactics/formations!

i think this one too, but we really need a playmaker

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    why should Juve change their tactics..? yeah, a new coach.. but, almost the same players.. even the new players (if any) will replace the old ones.. we can't afford playing around with the tactics and spend the whole season trying and changing.. it will lead us to nowhere..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    it all depends on transfers as well. i too agree that maresca will be nice with emerson in the middle of a 4-4-2. but then it depends on the wingers as well. Camoranesi to me isnt that great and if we play nedved on the left, we suddenly dont have a lot of creativity. infact, we have the same midfield as last season but tacchinardi isnt there.

i also like the 4-3-1-2 formation, but that playmaker has to be good. nedved isnt the man for that, and neither is maresca.

if its the 4-4-2, buy rothen and fiore for the wings, or bring back zambrotta to right wing and buy a left back.

if its 4-3-1-2, buy Aimar!!! play emerson, maresca and zambrotta in midfield, buy a left back still and buy a good rightback..trabelsi comes to mind.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

Strange that you think that way.. i think Maresca is perfect for 442 as he is a good two way central midfield player.. a deep laying playmaker that can still keep the shape of the formatiion (very important in 442 ) , and not necessarily be an Attacking midfielrder to attack for goals and leave his post...

on that basisi.. he have no place n 4231 .. as the 2 DM are completely defensive and... he is not atttacking enough tobe the AM in Nedved place...
    Every manager has his own point of view... ;)

Playing 442 with maresca and another central midfielder means that u will not have a pure AM, and a weak defensive midfield..

Reason: Maresca doesnt have good defensive skills, this means that the other midfielder will have to face a tornado in the mid.

Without a pure AM, the offense will be weaker than when u have a pure AM, (Juve used to play without a pure AM 2 years ago when nedved came to juve), they had good offense but nothing compared to last season when nedved was the AM...

on this basis, Maresca should be accompanied with a good DM and a pure AM..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)