New look for Old Lady (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Football Italia

The new Juventus is already taking shape after Coach Marcello Lippi confirmed he will quit the club.

The tactician revealed yesterday that he would be leaving the outfit and the Italian media are already speculating on what kind of Juve to expect next season.

Parma boss Cesare Prandelli (pictured) is set to pip Monaco’s Didier Deschamps for the Delle Alpi hotseat.

Whispers suggest that an official announcement could already be made sometime next week.

Prandelli, who was a midfielder with the Turin giants, is set to bring with him a host of his current players.

Striker Alberto Gilardino will be signed as a probable replacement for David Trezeguet. The Frenchman is on his way to Barcelona.

Juve will also swoop for Under-21 defender Daniele Bonera and will recall Manuele Blasi after his loan spell at the Stadio Tardini ends.

Italian stopper Matteo Ferrari is also a probable new arrival after a string of fine performances for the Gialloblu this term.

Players on their way out of Turin seem to include Mark Iuliano and Igor Tudor. Paolo Montero may also be axed.

The club are also willing to release Lilian Thuram and Pavel Nedved, the European Footballer of the Year, if a substantial bid is tabled.

Prandelli is set to use a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 system with the Old Lady next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I dont know how relevant this is, but I just realized that having a coach besides Lippi spells less playing time for Del Piero.
this may be good for the team, but not for him! I'll beinterestingto see how this possible issue may grow in the future.

BTW, thanks for the article Arif.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
I say it once again!
Get Ferrari and Mexes please!!! :D
:stress: I was beginning to worry about you :D
You hadn't said that for a while :cheesy:

Alex

May 1, 2004
i believe gettin rid of lippi is good- he's to safe doesnt like attacking football

with players like ADP, Miccoli, Enzo and Nedved we could potential dominate games in the offense- look at madrid, they have awesome attack, great mid field and ordinary defense

this season we lacked in midfield as well as a strong central defense- Thuram and Zambro could be great- get rid of Trez he's just a finisher, meaning if he has bad game than we don't score

at arsenal in Henry has bad game he still contribute so pirez, berkamp or players around him score- this is why morientes is a good option and he is also deadly finisher as well as playmaker

Aug 27, 2003
well basicly it looks like juve will mob parma from everything they have next thing u know it they will be landing a spot in serie b..

well this looks prmising and a good start for the new look juventus are going to go thru

but wat ever happned to the tarbelsi and zalatan rumors and mexses..we already have kapo thats a good start a guess

Aug 1, 2003
I mean we do need some adjustments and everything, but I hope we won't be changing EVERYTHING - that sounds sad somehow :down:

It took us nearly 3 years or so to see another person holds the name Alex :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)