New left back (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Welcome Michael Jordan :)

No we don't need another leftback.
We have Zambrotta and we also have Pessotto who's one of the most underrated players in the world. He never makes a mistake and who probably would have been included in Italys squad in last summers WC if it wasn't for his injury.
Moretti is talented and should be given the chance though he didn't play very good in the first part of this season.
Two worldclass players and one big talent is enough for me.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Again with the world class b.s, Pessotto is a very competent left back and thats about it,and he is on a downward spiral Zambrotta has done alright at left back and he is hardly world class in any position and he is not a very competent left full back. We definitely need a decent left full back who knows the position inside out and does not just attack and expose his side to counter attack

Jul 12, 2002
I agree, niether Pessotto nor Zambrotta is the answer to our left-back problem. Moretti, IMO, is not either. I say we bring back Zanchi or buy O'brien, or maybe Zauri.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
pessotto could prove useful imo,we shouldn't replace him just yet.
get him a young understudy.as for zambro,let him play in the left midfield/be a backup for camo.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Paranoia is right here. Pessotto, imo, is a more than competent left back and I think we should keep him in defence and let Zambro play in midfield, whether as a reserve or not. Moretti could easily be Pesso's understudy and if needed he can play in the centre as well.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
we do not need anyone for that position!!!!

pessotto is NOT world class IMO but he is definitly more than we need for that position!!! he is a decent player who sometimes goes forward!!!

in some games we might play zambo instead of him at that position! games where we need more attacking mentality. i.e. games against clubs who defend with 10 players!!!!
zambo did a very decent job against udinese and he was the main reason along with trezeguet why we bagged all 3 points!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
not when we have other more pressing issues.
Like what? Like a competent central back? With a good left back we could play a three man back line, or even play Iuliano, because is pretty good with some help on the flanks. A good left back would solve more problems than you think.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
All of that is true, Ian, but still, the signing of a competent central defender is more important at this moment in time.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
All of that is true, Ian, but still, the signing of a competent central defender is more important at this moment in time.
Why? I mean it's not like our defence is falling to pieces currently. I think that our main weakness is at the left back position. We either have a purely defensive back who does that well, but offers no attacking threat or a converted midfielder with little to no defensive awareness. I think that with two great fullbacks (Thuram & new guy), plus Tacch as a holding mid, anyone could be our central defense and paly well.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
i personally believe that a central defender would be much needed than a leftback!!!

i don't think there are much players like thuram!!! u said u wanted to get someonme like thuram for the leftback! but as i remember we paid a Sh*t Load of money to get thuram! i dont' think juve would pay such money again! besides not many quality leftback players are unsettled at their clubs!

Adora

Mar 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
i personally believe that a central defender would be much needed than a leftback!!!

i don't think there are much players like thuram!!! u said u wanted to get someonme like thuram for the leftback! but as i remember we paid a Sh*t Load of money to get thuram! i dont' think juve would pay such money again! besides not many quality leftback players are unsettled at their clubs!
I agree with you. We need to find a central defender like Thuram. I also think we need to find the backup for Ferara. He is 36 already,although he plays exactly well enough now. But how many years could he persist ?

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adora ] ++

I agree with you. We need to find a central defender like Thuram. I also think we need to find the backup for Ferara. He is 36 already,although he plays exactly well enough now. But how many years could he persist ?
i agree with u! that is why i see Chivu as the perfect buy!!!!

he can play on the left and the center! he is playing very well and he is only 21!!! what more can we ask for??
although i think it is highly unlikely coz of his asking price!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Like what? Like a competent central back? With a good left back we could play a three man back line, or even play Iuliano, because is pretty good with some help on the flanks. A good left back would solve more problems than you think.
don't forget a playmaker too.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

don't forget a playmaker too.
Neddy is good for at least another year. We have Oliviera and even Maresca as potential back-ups. Plus, I don't think that we wil; even need to buy a new playmaker, I'm hearing really good things about this youngster Kovalenko.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
You are absolutely right, Rickenbacker. :)
Plus we will have Brighi back in two years. (Don't say that Parma will keep him because they won't)

Isn't Kovalenko a forward?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)