Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We don't really need him to know Italian football, do we?
We do, given that's where we play it certainly helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously Sarri won't be the end of the world, maybe even top 10 but we need a top 3 or top 5 manager.

I can only hope he can prove us all wrong.
The top 3 managers for me are Pep (unavailable), Klopp (unavailable), and Allegri (just finished his cycle). This is an exciting appointment that makes sense, there are no other options superior to it available.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This season we saw Sarri totally do away with his traditionally style and beat City, what gives?
What game? The 2-0 victory? For playing Hazard false 9? Not sure which game you mean, but I'm talking about one track minded coaching for 5 years and not just one game. Has to do it more to be noteworthy.

Jul 20, 2012
Sarri`s Juve:
Pole; A.Sandro Chiellini De Ligt Trippier; Ramsey Pjanic Pogba; Ronaldo Icardi Chiesa
Is this our team for next season?!

Cancelo sold to City
Higuain on loan again despite Sarri
Dybala sold - Because we all know he will be..
D.Costa sold - Because its probably going to happen with Sarri as well..
Bernardeschi and Chiesa to rotate and they both can play with Ronaldo from time to time

Trippier is being strongly linked as of late while I now believe in De Ligt as if we offer 85M and Barca cant do it I believe we will win it..
No to chiesa, keep Costa

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Allegri was a proven winner and a history of overperforming in the CL. FFS.
I dont think we overperformed in any season..
2015 final - I think we were very strong and 2015 team was probably my favorite of this decade
2016 - We put in a performance but got eliminated by Bayern after Morata`s goal incorrectly disallowed - I think we were on par with Bayern so still not overperforming..
2017 final - Before the game vs Real not many would think of a 4-1 scoreline and we rightly reached the final
2018 - We did overperform against Real in the away game but we also underperformed in the home one..
2019 - We underperformed in every game but our game vs Valencia (the first one) and the one in the return game vs Atletico

Juve are a strong team so I wouldnt call reaching a final a definite overperform..

Liverpool overperformed last season but I dont think they overperformed this year (maybe in the league but not in CL.. I predicted a Liverpool Juve final and was only wrong with the Juve side)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What game? The 2-0 victory? For playing Hazard false 9? Not sure which game you mean, but I'm talking about one track minded coaching for 5 years and not just one game. Has to do it more to be noteworthy.
The 2-0 victory. Chelsea totally let go of the ball, defended in blocks and countered.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No to chiesa, keep Costa
D.C has amazing ball control but if you take all factors you understand that Chiesa is a very good signing as he is very good and only 21... Chiesa is probably the biggest talent of this generation (Yeah Kean is also one of the biggest talents of this generation).

I really hope DC stays but with Sarri I believe he will go and we get Chiesa

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri had one scudetto and a string of decent CL performances under his belt before he came to Juve. Overperforming in CL is an overstatement.
Let's not forget in the humiliating fashion in which he was sacked by Milan after getting embarrassed by minnow teams like Sassuolo and Bologna. It is Juve that gave him the opportunity to shine and unleash his potential as a coach else he would have been spending time at some midtable Italian team fighting for 3rd/4th place.
Sarri might not have won a scudetto but his body of work is impressive in the last 3 seasons or so. He definitely deserves a chance to prove himself with us. Ofcourse I would love Pep but let's see how it goes with Sarri.
I'd definitely like to see what he'd do with a bigger budget and higher quality of players.

Jul 20, 2012
D.C has amazing ball control but if you take all factors you understand that Chiesa is a very good signing as he is very good and only 21... Chiesa is probably the biggest talent of this generation (Yeah Kean is also one of the biggest talents of this generation).

I really hope DC stays but with Sarri I believe he will go and we get Chiesa
Look at fiorentinas offical announcement

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The 2-0 victory. Chelsea totally let go of the ball, defended in blocks and countered.
How did you expect Chelsea to play vs City - If you play City`s game you lose...
The fact Sarri chose this way of play means he has a brain...

- - - Updated - - -

Look at fiorentinas offical announcement
Unless you translate it to English it means nothing to me..

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How did you expect Chelsea to play vs City - If you play City`s game you lose...
The fact Sarri chose this way of play means he has a brain...
That's exactly the point. The other poster was saying that Sarri is a naive coach that never adapts. I was pointing evidence of the contrary.

It is positive that he has a defined and exciting style, and it is also positive that he showed this season that he can adapt.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Us offering 85 million for de ligt is totally unrealistic especially since we seem to have acquired both Romero and demiral
No its not...
De Ligt is considered as the biggest thing in generations
Romero and Demiral arent expected to be starters and Im not sure we even suggest them as potential starters (for this year)
De Ligt could come and join Chiellini - replacing him in the end as the new leader of the defense...
Chiellini is very old and Bonucci is old and crap so it does make sense getting at least 1 high profile CB...

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
People bashing Momblano but the guy delivers the news he gets - I can totally believe that the management has been trying to sign Guardiola for over two years now. I can also imagine Pep being interested - perhaps he's not convinced with the squad and our spending power. Another problem is his contract with City, they obviously won't let him go for free.

And Sarri as a backup plan totally makes sense - Sarri is a poor mans Guardiola after all. It'd also explain why Agnelli decided to fire Allegri - it's not only about winning, he wants the style now too. Perhaps Agnelli believes that we need a more European/attacking style.

It all adds up once you put away the disappointment and the anger. Agnelli wants the change and he's going for it. He probably decided to bet everything on Pep and so we are, waiting for his and/or City's decision.
The myth of Pep only going to oil clubs has to end. He did have limitless funds in City but they're about to be punished. Whom Bayern purchased for him? People, Juve is one of the biggest spenders in last years. We've been getting a 100mln player for two consecutive summers now.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Allegri had one scudetto and a string of decent CL performances under his belt before he came to Juve. Overperforming in CL is an overstatement.
Let's not forget in the humiliating fashion in which he was sacked by Milan after getting embarrassed by minnow teams like Sassuolo and Bologna. It is Juve that gave him the opportunity to shine and unleash his potential as a coach else he would have been spending time at some midtable Italian team fighting for 3rd/4th place.
Sarri might not have won a scudetto but his body of work is impressive in the last 3 seasons or so. He definitely deserves a chance to prove himself with us. Ofcourse I would love Pep but let's see how it goes with Sarri.
I'd definitely like to see what he'd do with a bigger budget and higher quality of players.
Indeed, agree totally with this post. Only thing I think is that Allegri did overperform in the CL with Milan, his Milan squad was so unbalanced yet tended to showed up with very nice matches vs Barca getting a few draws and a win iirc. He also knocked out Arsenal back when that meant something.

He definitely grew and took next step with us though. The same can be true with Sarri. His work with Empoli, Napoli and Chelsea is great. He has more than earned a chance to take a swing at the top. Chelsea's team, Jorginho aside, is an extreme misfit for Sarri's football yet they finished 3rd right away, won the EL, and lost that league cup final on penalties. We will not be bored next season.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That's exactly the point. The other poster was saying that Sarri is a naive coach that never adapts. I was pointing evidence of the contrary.

It is positive that he has a defined and exciting style, and it is also positive that he showed this season that he can adapt.
Im not saying Sarri is my favorite choice as he obviously isnt but most of the forum underrate Sarri big time..
Someone even argued with me about Inzaghi>Sarri - Seriously the guy just got his balls dropped and he suddenly the king of football... (Inzaghi does has talent and potential though..)
Im not saying Sarri is the best coach in the world but since we currently only won in Italy I can say we will do at least the same.
Our change?! We will play a more attacking style of football with better passing but probably more prone to counters.
Is Sarri a downgrade on Allegri?! On a tactical level there is no doubt that it is the case but I think for this period of time the cycle with Allegri is over so it was right to relieve him of his duties and yes right now Sarri fits better..

P.S Klopp just won the CL doesnt he want to move on?! maybe to coach Ronaldo before he retires?!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Basically chiesa isn't for sale and he will be a fiorentina player next season
Oh in this case we will probably splash it next season or we get him despite the clubs words as if we offer some good money Fiorentina will not refuse - They are still a club that is looking for profits and ways to change for the better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 239)