Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
My point was the mirror said sarri wanted to stay till the end of his contract but Chelsea said no
I thought he desperately wanted out and was about to sign with us?
Both sides would be spinning the story different ways to suit themselves....outcome is still the same #sarriboyz

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Anywya this is what Guardiola apparently said yesterday

"¿Klopp? Tenemos una bonita rivalidad, pero no solo con ellos, hay cinco equipos muy fuertes y por eso la Premier League es una competición tan dura. La próxima temporada partiremos de cero y veremos que pasa”.

I don't see much in it

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Pep is a long shot by now.
If he is negotiating to leave ,that statement is pointless.
I give 80% sarri and 20% ,based on recent news and developments.
Would gladly accept to eat my words .

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Conte gets his way in Inter and we sign Sarri it's going to be a struggle for 1st place.
So Conte is the almighty and Sarri is Mr.Failure - This is your scenario..
Conte is a great coach and a great motivator no doubt about it but if he is that great as you make him to be why didnt we just take him and win the CL?! I mean if he can make miracles imagine what type of miracles he can do with Juve (and Ronaldo)
It seems to me that sometimes people here are not rational enough..

- - - Updated - - -

conte is an insanely effective motivator and a very well prepared coach. just have a look at the players he had at juve. he even made freakin' giaccherini look like a good player. too bad he's a spineless, greedy "professional", relies too much on his preparation and is unable to react to in-game situations as quickly as some more instinctive coaches. but he deserves all credit unfortunately. he's a perfectionist. he's obviously too good for inda.
Agree about Conte but Giaccherini didnt just look like a good player - He is a good player I dont know why you dont give him the respect he deserves..
Giaccherini might not be Zidane or Platini but he is a good player and in the right setup he can blossom as you have seen before..

Conte IMO is a great coach and I really think he will manage to make Inter go 2nd and will actually replace Napoli as the "main rivals" but in order for Inter to challenge for the scudetto 2 things need to happen
1. Conte to make a miracle with Inter - I can see that happening to a certain degree..
2. Sarri has to flop amazingly hard - We need to do very wrong on the market+not strengthen the midfield+players not fit the system...
Take Allegri`s Juve of this past year - We started well and I was amazed by our team show vs Valencia (until Ronaldo got a red it looked like the best team in the world plays the worst one and then Ronaldo got his red card and we still were far superior to them). Then came the 2nd half of the season which seemed like we are just not playing well - yet we won almost every game despite of our team not exactly playing..
Even then we won 6 games ahead - So maybe we wont win 6 games ahead but we are still heavy favorite for the scudetto and unless something rare and unexpected happens you can write the 9th scudetto to Juve..

Last edited:

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Imagine there was a meeting between AA and pep.

AA: Hi Pep how are you

Pep: I am fine, how....

AA: Listen as you know the position is available only for you, do you wanna leave them Etihat and joint us as you know we always are in the final of the UCL.

Pep: Yes yes yes of course, I know you guys. You are the best in Italy and I remembered when I played for Brescia and Roma you were the man and still is but, I need a budget of almost £500 for next two years to...........

AA: Actually here in Italy we use Euro but don’t worry I am a rich man and will call you later

Pep: Ok I will wait you

AA: Ringing

Sarri: Come esta fratello

AA: I didn’t know you had my number but listen how you see the vacancy and if I give you the job how much money you need for next two years.

Sarri: Nothing, just the job

AA: Get in, you are the best.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think people are giving Conte too much credit - I mean he is a fantastic coach and will make Inter 2nd IMO but Inter are too weak in terms of players compared to us.. He will have to pull what he has done with Juve ending Milan`s dominance only he has to do it with a team which doesnt has the mental strength of Juve and against a team that are far superior on mental and quality compared to that Milan... Seems like an impossible mission... I`d give us 90% to win it again and 10% is due to us not knowing how the team adjust to the new setup..
If the team adjust well I see no reason why we shouldnt retain it again
If the team enjoy this football I see us crushing the scudetto race again
If the team fail to adjust - We might have a competition

3rd option very unlikely and even then I`d put us as favorite!
I don't think Inter should be underestimated. Conte might not be a tactical mastermind but he's extremely good at motivating teams and Inter clearly have a superior squad over anyone in Serie A except us and Napoli. Se they can perfectly win the league by not dropping points in those games...
Neither Chelsea not Juve had a decent mental strength when he made those teams champions. That's what he does best.

That's not saying we're not the clear and only favourites... Just that we shouldn't take it foe granted and drop points at the start of the competition when adjusting. Losing the scudetto would be a flat-out disaster. I want those 10 in a row.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't think Inter should be underestimated. Conte might not be a tactical mastermind but he's extremely good at motivating teams and Inter clearly have a superior squad over anyone in Serie A except us and Napoli. Se they can perfectly win the league by not dropping points in those games...
Neither Chelsea not Juve had a decent mental strength when he made those teams champions. That's what he does best.

That's not saying we're not the clear and only favourites... Just that we shouldn't take it foe granted and drop points at the start of the competition when adjusting. Losing the scudetto would be a flat-out disaster. I want those 10 in a row.
Underestimate Inter?! I overestimate them every year - I thought they would end 2nd this year and they finished 3rd
P.S I rate Inter as stronger than Napoli - The setup is what that makes Napoli a place above Inter and now with Conte... Napoli will drop to 3rd place..
Inter would end -7 behind Juve if I have to make a prediction now (I took their quality vs our quality + their motivation vs our motivation + dna vs our dna)
The only place they overtake us is the motivation to win the league as we might have less of a motivated team for the scudetto than Inter but DNA+quality should more than just cover the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 233)