Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I personally prefer Sarri’s midfield selections.
Then say that instead of "Sarri is undeniably better than Allegri" etc

I don't hate Sarri and I don't think he is a bad coach. I like to dump on him because of his Napoli past and ludicrous statements about Juve always having an advantage due to playing schedule but to claim that Sarri is even competing with Allegri atm is lolsworthy.

Once Sarri has spent 3-4 successful seasons at a top club and nears double figures in trophies then he enters the arena of being compared to Allegri.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
In hindsight you can see that Milan injury stats in 10-11 were nothing extraordinary, Max is still loyal to the same fitness enthusiasts
They were a big problem, especially since they played on 3 fronts. An already mediocre and way past it team was crippled even further, it was nothing like we had here, as bad as our situation was

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I know its reported before ... but this better translation

I don’t have a lot of info about Sarri, but between yesterday and today some particular situations lead me to say that he’s the plan B. A coach deemed ready. Juventus prepared a media presentation for both coaches.”

[Momblano]
Guardiola started negotiations with City to get out of his contract because the cycle is over & not because of a UEFA sanction, also to avoid causing damage to the club's images. I have positive feedback on this.”

[Momblano]

There is no need for Guardiola to come to Italy to sign a contract. Everything can be done safely digitally. And the preliminary contract can turn into a official contract. Sarri is waiting for the “yes” from Juventus.”

[Momblano]
So Momblano got himself a back up plan...
Of course, to not get crushed for Pep failure.

Disappointing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Mombly is either a genius or a madman, and I'm inclined towards the latter. 15 June deadline is so convenient for him since if we announce anyone after that he'll blame UEFA.
Of course I hope I'm wrong and Mombly is indeed a genius.
Momblo isn't a genius even if he gets this right.

The combination of reasons he gave for him being 100% sure that it'll be Pep do not under any stretch of the imagination suggest there's anywhere close to 100% certainty.

If he gets this right, he just guessed right and is lucky.

Jun 6, 2015
At Milan, Allegri’s favourite midfielders were Gattuso, Van Bommel, De Jong, Poli, Montolivo. He usually played with three defensive midfielders on the same team.

If there’s one thing Sarri is undeniably better at than Allegri, it’s picking and playing the right midfielders.
Gattuso and Van Bommel weren't even at Milan at the same time with Montolivo, De Jong and Poli. When Allegri started at Milan he had midfielders like Seedorf (most used mid that season), Gattuso, Pirlo, Van Bommel, Ambrosini and Flamini. They slowly lost these players due to age or in Pirlo's case bad management and weren't able to replace them with any real quality. Nocerino and Montolivo did have some good seasons, but aren' players you can expect to lead you to trophies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Momblo isn't a genius even if he gets this right.

The combination of reasons he gave for him being 100% sure that it'll be Pep do not under any stretch of the imagination suggest there's anywhere close to 100% certainty.

If he gets this right, he just guessed right and is lucky.
Perhaps genius is a strong word, but if he gets two very improbable stories (CR7, Pep) and one less improbable one (Allegri out) correct then I wouldn't call him just lucky. I'd think he has sources inside the top management.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yup, this release clause thing looks quite implausible. All the contracts are deposited to the league office, which is overseen by UEFA. If such a clause were there, it would basically mean that MC admitted there was some ground for it, which would by itself have caused UEFA investigation, because it cannot be a regular thing every manager's contract has.
You underestimate the complexity of such contracts. They can get to 20-30-40 pages easily. Morality clauses are usually inserted to enable one side to terminate the contract if the behaviour of the other party causes damage to the public image or reputation or similar of the other party. These clauses are not uncommon in sports, that's why a club can terminate the contract if a player does something illegal, even if they are not convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 231)