Status
Not open for further replies.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I have to say everything points to Sarri as much as I don't want it to.

However, there is still that part of me that doubts it purely because he just doesn't seem like the sort of character we would go for. He is brash, he causes controversy, he is not the polished type we usually see. In a time that we seem so concerned with our image, recruiting a 60 yo homophobe in a tracksuit with little pedigree just doesn't add up. Particularly after investing so heavily on Ronaldo last year, it's like the opposite end of the spectrum.

I'm almost certain it's Sarri but it just seems an odd choice.
I think (hope) we signed Ronaldo to win and his off the pitch value was just a factor that helped us budget the expenses. If management believes Sarri is a good bet to win CL and ensure our dominance in Italy, they'll go there regardless of tracksuit or his beliefs, there's surely a pr team at Juve to handle all that.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Let's also not forget that last year's situation with CR7 was much more simple - Ronaldo said himself after the CL final that he was going somewhere else. So, it was the level of certainty any journalist could have. The only puzzle they had was where exactly Ronaldo was going to go - Man Utd or Juventus.

With Guardiola it's more difficult since more moving parts are involved, and the guy himself never confirmed publicly that he's going to leave the club. But he's got a history of such a behavior if you recall his departure from Munich.
Good point. Ronaldo literally cried in front of everybody that he wasn't happy and Agnelli and co still managed to keep it secret from everybody, for months.

Ronaldo's transfer was pretty much done months in advance. This is what I've read around the internet from reputable sources (not sport related).

When people were tracking planes here last year (and I was lurking along), Ronaldo - or someone very close to him - had already come to Turin to sign some papers or shake some hands. We only caught up when it was about to become official.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Problem with Sarri is that we've gotten our hopes up with Pep. If Pep really isn't available then I wouldn't like the idea of losing out on Sarri for somebody like Inzaghi.

Let's just hope we get Pep and that the reports about Sarri are really about him actually leaving Chelsea to join Roma(or Milan).

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Only management leaks can create this level of certainty. Maybe they are trying to divert attention. If pep comes to juve and poch goes to city, they don't want the Tottenham squad to lose focus ahead of the final at poch's request. It is a little far fetched though.The odds are for sarri.
It’s so ridiculously far-fetched, and that’s because it isn’t true.

Somehow not one journalist, or ITK (what you call gurus) in London or Manchester, or in Spain or Argentina has suggested this is even a thing.

Somehow all of these connected parties have managed to maintain MI6 levels of covert operations, which nobody in the UK or any other country in the World has managed to infiltrate ... apart from random Italians with a Twitter account!?

The Italian Gurus haven’t got a clue. They are combining hope with guessing, gambling their careers on their guess being the right one.

The quality of reporting from Italy, for me, has hit an all time low this past fortnight.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Yeah, let's just wait and see what happens. If you were to believe the media we also replace Cancelo with freaking Trippier because Sarri is unimpressed with the former :lol:. Both Sky and Gazzetta claim we want to bring more of a BPL influence to the team considering we already brought Can, Ramsey and Maurizio himself :touched:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I think (hope) we signed Ronaldo to win and his off the pitch value was just a factor that helped us budget the expenses. If management believes Sarri is a good bet to win CL and ensure our dominance in Italy, they'll go there regardless of tracksuit or his beliefs, there's surely a pr team at Juve to handle all that.
Wrong

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Chronological Italian media

Conte to inda
Sarri to Roma.
No! Conte to Roma.
Allegri doesn't leave.
Allegri renews.
Official allegri to leave juve.
Inzaghi to juve
Conte refuses Roma waits for juve
Agi: Pep to juve done.
At the same time other outlets sarri to juve.
Mijailovic to juve
Gasparini to roma
Next day gasparini renews with atalanta
Conte to paper scudetti official
Juve: Sarri ,Pochettino
Mihailovic to Roma
Sarri to juve
Sarri renews
Sarri to juve
Inzaghi to Milan certainly
Inzaghi to renew with Lazio

To be continued......

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Putting up a smokescreen is not difficult for a club the size of Juve. Sport journalists are not that smart to begin with.

And those sport journos DO have to report something (pressure from SKY and papers), so they do 2+2 and simply report on what - according to them - is the most likely scenario. And they are right because this works 50% of the time. It's how they operate. So they are able to guess normal every day calciomercato.

Guardiola is different. It's not an every day situation. Agnelli is probably personally making this deal, along with even higher people in the food chain (Exor, Elkann, financial guys). These people are so much smarter than your GDM and the likes, it's not even worth comparing. They don't go to Palazzo Parigi and let GDM's sources hear or see anything. They operate on a level of secrecy unknown to sport journalists. Which is why Guardiola sources are only coming from people with contacts in the financial world.

For example, yesterday GDM was in Madrid running around in the heat to put a mic near Conte, fuking lmao. You think he knows what Agnelli, Exor, Elkann etc are doing?
He can guess the random Matuidi, Cancelo, Dybala, Pogba transfers because Juve don't give a fuk then. But now, if Agnelli is personally making a deal, GDM and the likes are gonna know NOTHING.
I hope you’re right, but there’s not much evidence that it’s guardiola, other than momblano and gurus. If we were to think about it that way, maybe we’re not hiding anything and everyone is just reading things wrongly.

Like I said, I hope you’re right, because I really want Pep at Juve

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
I hope you’re right, but there’s not much evidence that it’s guardiola, other than momblano and gurus. If we were to think about it that way, maybe we’re not hiding anything and everyone is just reading things wrongly.

Like I said, I hope you’re right, because I really want Pep at Juve
Momblano and gurus themselves don't really know much. They get a single info and then they try to milk it as much as possible, for days on end (or weeks, like now).

But then you've got these financial journalists reporting things.. not even reporting actually, they think it's literally done. You have guys like the CEO of Socios.com teasing us, literally admitting it's Pep with their teasings. You've got GDM and likes who don't even know it's happening and are denying it, which paradoxically makes you think it's happening even more.

And you've got the board who are clearly not stupid. No way they would ever even think Allegri is worth firing for Sarri. It has to be someone better, which Sarri is not, not even close.

I personally think it's either Pep or Poch. Pep is clearly better than Max and Poch has the potential to be it.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
It’s so ridiculously far-fetched, and that’s because it isn’t true.

Somehow not one journalist, or ITK (what you call gurus) in London or Manchester, or in Spain or Argentina has suggested this is even a thing.

Somehow all of these connected parties have managed to maintain MI6 levels of covert operations, which nobody in the UK or any other country in the World has managed to infiltrate ... apart from random Italians with a Twitter account!?

The Italian Gurus haven’t got a clue. They are combining hope with guessing, gambling their careers on their guess being the right one.

The quality of reporting from Italy, for me, has hit an all time low this past fortnight.
It is not that unbelievable. Remember this guys have private jets and all that. Juve management and pep can decide to meet in Belgium at some random hotel inn spa in 4 hours if they want to.I don't think you can tail them all the time.
Also they can negotiate through representatives.

Agree that some random reporting going on at this time ,with sarri in pole, but until this is official I cannot exclude a last minute surprise.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
One last question. Why do people on forums have the info but actual journalists don’t? You would think journalists can get at least one link if a random person on forums can.
That's just the law of large numbers. Forums like VS have thousands upon thousand of people. Some of them are likely to be in close contact with people who are close to Agnelli, Elkann or their lawyers, or their wives or whoever, you get the point. Someone couldn't keep their mouth closed and said something to someone, a guru got the info so now they're milking every last word of it.

Di Marzio is one guy, he's making a nice living, well respected. He's right about 50% of the time. He can only report on what he hears or sees. But obviously Juve, when signing the biggest coach in the world, operate on a level not known to even Di Marzio. Their wives, hairdresser, lawyer's assistant, lover etc are more likely to get a piece of information than sport journalists are.

But this thing is big now imo, financial world journalists are reporting it. Who are clearly more smart and wouldn't waste their time on sport things if it wasn't real.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Momblano and gurus themselves don't really know much. They get a single info and then they try to milk it as much as possible, for days on end (or weeks, like now).

But then you've got these financial journalists reporting things.. not even reporting actually, they think it's literally done. You have guys like the CEO of Socios.com teasing us, literally admitting it's Pep with their teasings. You've got GDM and likes who don't even know it's happening and are denying it, which paradoxically makes you think it's happening even more.

And you've got the board who are clearly not stupid. No way they would ever even think Allegri is worth firing for Sarri. It has to be someone better, which Sarri is not, not even close.

I personally think it's either Pep or Poch. Pep is clearly better than Max and Poch has the potential to be it.
I concur with the majority of your post. Unfortunately, this club will not hire a non-Italian. Everyone always talks about the Juve DNA but don't like to admit that far right nationalism plays a foundational role in this club's DNA.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
I concur with the majority of your post. Unfortunately, this club will not hire a non-Italian. Everyone always talks about the Juve DNA but don't like to admit that far right nationalism plays a foundational role in this club's DNA.
The club owner is barely even an Italian, he's more American than Italian.

They changed the long standing zebra crest for an American looking logo.

They signed a 33 years old Portuguese for 120M and pay him 60M a year. For marketing and a better chance to win the CL.

Things are clearly changing. Agnelli himself said 'a change is needed', otherwise they would have kept Allegri, who is the best Italian coach available atm.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The club owner is barely even an Italian, he's more American than Italian.

They changed the long standing zebra crest for an American looking logo.

They signed a 33 years old Portuguese for 120M and pay him 60M a year.

Things are clearly changing. Agnelli himself said 'a change is needed', otherwise they would have kept Allegri, who is the best Italian coach available atm.
Again, I agree with you. I'm also a big proponent of President Andrea. He's the one who has been pushing for Pep. While Pavel and Paratici want Sarri. This is what has been reported so no one knows what's true and what's not.

But at the end of the day the club is still traditional in certain elements and practices

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sarri’s Napoli also lost to Shaktar, Feyenoord, Villarreal, RB Leipzig in Europe.

And was knocked out of Coppa Italia by both Inter and Atalanta.

Hardly the case of “only lost to Juve”
Sarri lost to those teams largely bc club decided to go all in for Serie A and didn't care much about other competitions before ADL came to his senses about his pipedream and decided to hunt for $ in Europe instead.

It's still unknown exactly how good Sarri is in Europe. Had easy fixtures this year (though it does require some managerial skill to go all the way regardless, and fixtures/draws often play a big role for cup finalists, including us).

What we do know is that a proactive system usually does better in Europe than a reactive one. And this year, Sarri showed a degree of flexibility to eventually get more out of his players, who responded better to a more balanced approach.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Again, I agree with you. I'm also a big proponent of President Andrea. He's the one who has been pushing for Pep. While Pavel and Paratici want Sarri. This is what has been reported so no one knows what's true and what's not.

But at the end of the day the club is still traditional in certain elements and practices
Well traditionality is not totally bad. We don't fire coaches left and right. We don't let anyone create drama. We don't put anyone under the bus. We're so much more classy than United, City, Barca, Chelsea (lol) and the likes.

But the owners know everything needs to adapt. And they are slowly changing things.

We're about to throw our 'Italian Defensive DNA' out of the window either way, Pep or Sarri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)