Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Seems like playing better football = losing all competitions.

But believe or not best teams in Europe all playing well and winning cups as well.

Don't freak out if we play better next season , that means we have an even easier way to win titles.
I agree, playing possession based and more attacking-minded football doesn't mean we'll lose all competitions.

Also I doubt we can win titles any easier than we have in the past. We won the Scudetto like over month in advance just this season.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You proved my point

Marlboro man is not an upgrade nor is he a lateral move. He is a downgrade with expectations to match his predecessors domestic achievements. That will justify his hiring in the eyes of #SarriBoyz. But it doesn't incrementally improve the club's position in conquering Europe (if that is the true goal per our unibrowed president)
Comparing resumes, ofcourse he is a downgrade. Allegri is a coach that already managed Milan and Juve with tons of titles under his belt while Sarri only appeared on the scene in that season with Napoli and have since shown he is very promising. There arent many that can beat Allegri based on resume.. Pep, Ancelotti and Mou?

Its clearly a case of experience vs promise and thats a common risk to take not just in football but at work in general. It can back fire if that promise amounts to nothing (think Andrea Villas Boas) or his trajectory just flattens out and he stops improving despite having better resources. You also have cases of people with amazing resumes declining like Mourinho. His resume is unmatched but would you want him?

I agree with you Agnelli doesnt know that its an upgrade not just because football is unpredictable but also because Sarri hasnt managed a serious club in Europe long enough for us to gauge how he would likely perform. I disagree with you in your certainty that this is a downgrade. You dont know that either.. its still a question mark how he will do with a top team like us.

My prediction is we will win Serie A, in style and have a good run in the CL till we face one of the giants and get kicked out (quarters or semis). I'll take that as a first season win tbh. I'd have been happy with Allegri if he did that but he stopped doing so for 2 years now.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Comparing resumes, ofcourse he is a downgrade. Allegri is a coach that already managed Milan and Juve with tons of titles under his belt while Sarri only appeared on the scene in that season with Napoli and have since shown he is very promising. There arent many that can beat Allegri based on resume.. Pep, Ancelotti and Mou?

Its clearly a case of experience vs promise and thats a common risk to take not just in football but at work in general. It can back fire if that promise amounts to nothing (think Andrea Villas Boas) or his trajectory just flattens out and he stops improving despite having better resources. You also have cases of people with amazing resumes declining like Mourinho. His resume is unmatched but would you want him?

I agree with you Agnelli doesnt know that its an upgrade not just because football is unpredictable but also because Sarri hasnt managed a serious club in Europe long enough for us to gauge how he would likely perform. I disagree with you in your certainty that this is a downgrade. You dont know that either.. its still a question mark how he will do with a top team like us.

My prediction is we will win Serie A, in style and have a good run in the CL till we face one of the giants and get kicked out (quarters or semis). I'll take that as a first season win tbh. I'd have been happy with Allegri if he did that but he stopped doing so for 2 years now.
If you take that as a win then it's shortsighted. It's not progress, it lacks vision and conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 226)