Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2016
But then again if he comes to Juve and wins only domestic league and cup then what's the point? If anything his bar should be set higher. But no, the fact is that for Juve only conquering Italy matters while staying relevant on the continent.

That doesn't give him a free pass as criteria for success
As long as he creates a game style and identity which is what i think we lack to win the CL I'm satisfied.

Jun 6, 2015
“His players love him, and he would have been more successful if Chelsea players weren’t moody little bitches who never listen to their coach and kick him out the minute they feel like it.”

@Ronn @il brutto @Cerval

No contradiction at all in the above sentence. :lol3:
Yeah I spotted that too when reading it. Sarri the great man manager is so lovable that even when the players turn on him they still love him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Do you really expect a coach win against this Juve with Napoli and Empoli?

Then You have highest expections ever. and Napoli and Empoli should fire every coaches that don't win serie a foe them.
:howler: :rofl: Learn to read peasant.

Inzaghi won a Copa and a Supercopa against this Juventus. Does this make him a mighty coach?

You Sarri sympathizers/apologists are so blinded by your love for this man's beautiful football, you fail to see his and its deficiencies.

How about all the games Sarri lost against inferior opposition? What's your excuse for that? Come on. Hit me with some BS, or provide me with some interesting/fabricated stats.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Again, then your man is the wrong man for the job if those are the next steps
Why so? He never managed a club thats in any way a favorite to win titles, and yet he came very close with Napoli against us in their best ever season , lost a cup final to City on penalties (beating Tottenham and Pool on the way) and just won the Europa League emphatically in a final.

Sure he hasn't won many titles but you can say the same for Poch or Conte before joining us. Even Allegri had one title to his name before he joined us iirc. The similarity he shares with them is that his performances at other clubs was very promising. If he wins Serie A with us this year that doesnt suddenly transform the man, he would be the same guy just this time with enough resources to out-best competitors.

Everyone starts with a blank slate until they start winning, the question is did their performances at lesser clubs show a lot of promise?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He lost both of them the season Higuain joined us and still manged his team very well.
He lost by far his best player in Higuain and still managed to compete in the league.

And i believe he would have worked out the absence of Hamsik and Jorginho. It's not like they are some world beaters. It was more about his system than the players.

Whoever added to the system, did his job perfectly, evsn if they weren't that much good. . That is the strong point of Sarri's system.

Now imagine that system with players we have. I'm sure we wouldn't be disappointed.
The system that was rubbish in Premier League this year and put Chelsea fans to sleep to the point he’s getting sacked?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Zemanlandia welcomes you my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Then what was the point of Allegri's dismissal?
We played terrible football and there was no progress but regress. His first 3 years at Juve were great after that it went downhill. And his stubborness not to try anything new and his anti-attacking football hit rockbottom. you dont expect Juve to buy Ronaldo and be outscored by Atalanta and do nothing. Once Ronaldo was signed we expected better football but it only got worse.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
We played terrible football and there was no progress but regress. His first 3 years at Juve were great after that it went downhill. And his stubborness not to try anything new and his anti-attacking football hit rockbottom. you dont expect Juve to buy Ronaldo and be outscored by Atalanta and do nothing. Once Ronaldo was signed we expected better football but it only got worse.
Ok, but this is not a progress ffs. Juve is all about winning. Not winning is not progress. Maybe in Naples they celebrate moral titles but not in Turin.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh, and the CL is rightfully the next step. We've been knocking on the door; we just need to take that final step.

Again, Sarri is not the type of coach to help us take that next step. There's nothing to suggest that.

Yes, it was time for Allegri to go, but it's definitely not time to bring Sarri in.

And no, we don't have to trust the management, the same management that sold Vidal for peanuts and insanely overpaid for Higuain, with every single decision they make. They are humans and make mistakes.

Hiring Sarri would be one major mistake!

Jun 6, 2015
I get the CHL obsession but lets not forget only one team wins CHL and about 8 strong teams try to win it. It’s not like the league where at best 2 teams are fighting for it and you have about 4-5 games to fix your mistakes. 45 mins of bad games in CHL and you’re out.
The change of tone really is remarkable :D This is what I and some others have tried to tell the Allegri boobois.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Why so? He never managed a club thats in any way a favorite to win titles, and yet he came very close with Napoli against us in their best ever season , lost a cup final to City on penalties (beating Tottenham and Pool on the way) and just won the Europa League emphatically in a final.

Sure he hasn't won many titles but you can say the same for Poch or Conte before joining us. Even Allegri had one title to his name before he joined us iirc. The similarity he shares with them is that his performances at other clubs was very promising. If he wins Serie A with us this year that doesnt suddenly transform the man, he would be the same guy just this time with enough resources to out-best competitors.

Everyone starts with a blank slate until they start winning, the question is did their performances at lesser clubs show a lot of promise?
You proved my point

Marlboro man is not an upgrade nor is he a lateral move. He is a downgrade with expectations to match his predecessors domestic achievements. That will justify his hiring in the eyes of #SarriBoyz. But it doesn't incrementally improve the club's position in conquering Europe (if that is the true goal per our unibrowed president)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I get the CHL obsession but lets not forget only one team wins CHL and about 8 strong teams try to win it. It’s not like the league where at best 2 teams are fighting for it and you have about 4-5 games to fix your mistakes. 45 mins of bad games in CHL and you’re out.
Says the guy who bashed allegri every year for CL exit no matter who the opposition. Lol

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There is obviously a lot of brand value attached to playing attractive football. I’m amazed at the number of otherwise intelligent posters who straight up deny this basic observable fact.
Attractive football without winning is not helpful to your brand. Sarri is not going to make people watch Serie A all of a sudden. If CL expectations are less than what expected from Max then it's not progress. It's going backwards in full force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)