Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I think Sarri wants to stay at Chelsea, but he knows he has to keep his options open and that he has offers from Italy (Roma, Milan, and maybe Juve) so he doesn’t want to rule out returning to Italy, only to get sacked, and have no top club available to join outside of Italy. He’s just keeping his options open I believe.

Honestly just want this to finish so we can move on with the transfer window
Agree.
And it also right regarding AA & Juve, that probably prefer Pep or Poch but need to keep options open with Sarri as well if those 2 will be not possible.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Whether you like Sarri or not, you can’t deny that this is inspiring.

A guy who quit his job as a banker 30 years to manage a Serie D team, spent 22 years in lower level Italian football, now wins his first trophy as a manager at the age of 60.

You can achieve anything in life if you try hard enough.
I love that clip, the way he looks at the medal u just cant hate the guy in this very special moment.

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
you don't have any idea how bad the hungarian championship is.
Gabor Kiraly still playing ?

You have a big problem to raise young footballers. Your youth sectors lie and squeeze. If the last Hungarian player I know is Kirali;) oh w8 ... yet Nikolic. He's probably in the MLS now. But he was a good striker at Legia Warsaw.

And guys, take it easy. It will be Guardiola - 90% or Poch. Sarri is funny coach, playing funny football, but comon he is so dumb if it comes to tactics....
Even TS today wrote that Guardiola is plan B. So slowly there will be more and more about Guardiola in the media because now Juve will given information to them, until the climax, when Pep officially becomes a Juve coach.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
still such an antithesis of what juventus should be about, i wholeheartedly hope we go for somebody else, but credit where it's due:

The advantage of getting to play in Europa League as one of the wealthiest clubs in football. A competition with an extra knockout round too.

Conte won 37 matches his first year at Chelsea, without getting to play in Europe and pad that total against awful teams. He did it by putting up 93 points in the premier league.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Haha, Maserati. I remember last year when they said Ronaldo coming here was partly financed by him being the new face of Ferrari. Instead you saw him last week with a Mercedes hat hanging out with Lewis Hamilton.

They don't know anything, we're finally getting Guus Hiddink.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Gabor Kiraly still playing ?

You have a big problem to raise young footballers. Your youth sectors lie and squeeze. If the last Hungarian player I know is Kirali;) oh w8 ... yet Nikolic. He's probably in the MLS now. But he was a good striker at Legia Warsaw.
just retired. it was about time, he made tons of blunders this season. his performance was one of the reasons why haladás got relegated. btw he has a goalie school (http://www.kapus.eu/en/index.html) in his hometown and one of my friends is a trainer there. good lad, but failed to realize that his time was up. he got booed week in, week out during this season.

you're right about the youth sector. there's too much money involved, and it affects performance and motivation. we had dárdai (former hertha youth and senior coach, hertha legend along with király) at the national team, and the national association failed to listen to his suggestions. the association paid tons of money to a belgian group to assess and evaluate the national youth system, and failed to implement any suggestions made by the belgians. football wise we are a failure since '86.

you see, you mentioned two hungarian players, and one of them, nikolic is a serbian guy, his success has nothing to do with the hungarian system. btw he's a good striker, was top scorer for 3 leagues already (hungarian, polish, mls). played 5 years for the same club that met chelsea this season (vidi fc, formerly known as videoton), was coached by paulo sousa, and scored a nice goal against sporting (at around 2:00):

as a key player for some well known teams, we also have gulácsi (leipzig goalie), had gera at fulham (scored 2 goals vs juve in that famous el return leg) and some other english clubs, dzsudzsák at psv, and that's basically all of our eruopean level players from the last 10-15 years. not a lot from a nation that played 2 world cup finals. :depressed:

- - - Updated - - -

The advantage of getting to play in Europa League as one of the wealthiest clubs in football. A competition with an extra knockout round too.

Conte won 37 matches his first year at Chelsea, without getting to play in Europe and pad that total against awful teams. He did it by putting up 93 points in the premier league.
yup, conte's winning % was higher from fewer matches. i rate him over sarri. still, sarri had a good season with chelsea. i hope they keep him. :xfinger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 223)