Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
To be honest, beating a mid-table EPL team in a city called Baku one night is miles behind anything he did at Napoli, in my opinion. But to some, this is like checking a box in order to coach Juve. Realistically, if you win the EL, you're still like the 30th best team in Europe ffs.

The criteria for evaluating coaches is so black and white, it's like a see-saw.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Number of European Cups:

Sarri - 1
Allegri - 0
Number of times Allegri had an opportunity to win this particular European Cup - 0. Why? Because this is a cup for losers who weren't good enough even to qualify to the CL round of 16.

At the same time, number of times Sarri had an opportunity to win this particular European Cup - 3. But still failed twice.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Ya'll need to calm down. This is against Arsenal, a mediocre team known to bottle games. They're not that hard to beat. We'd be sorted for Serie A under him. Question is, can he replicate this 'beautiful football' against Europe's top flight? I'm a bit dubious.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Joking aside it's stupid for Chelsea to lose Sarri now. They have a transfer ban coming up so they can't really rebuild. Their best option is to keep him for at least this season.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I am curious about all the Sarri absolutists if tonight's result changes anything? It feels like being without a major trophy is usually a curse that cannot be changed, but at the moment Sarri is more successful than the likes of Poch (bar Saturday) who has never won a real trophy. For me Sarri has never been a devil like Mourinho, who despite all his victories and CL wins has been such an anti-juventino throughout all his life that he is impossible to consider as a Juve coach. It is absolutely disgusting imo for anyone to sell their soul to accommodate Mourinho. There has been at least a dozen of posters on this forum who has suggested Mourinho as coach and I feel they should all be purged from existence (jk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 228)