Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It's all a little far-fetched, don't you think?

More likely if City knows they are saying, "lol, you signed a PRE-contract? Yeah, that isn't legally binding on us at all." It would be much easier for them to keep Pep and not do all this secretive and time-consuming looking behind the scenes stuff to help him leave.

If Pep insists on walking out on City and rescinding on his agreement, more likely is City will put him on gardening leave, and ensure that he doesn't sign for any other club whilst the term of his City contract is still in effect unless they get considerable and huge compensation. And they almost certainly wouldn't be at all bothered about secrecy when looking for a replacement coach, it would be in their interests to make that search public.

I'm confused as to why City would be inclined to bend over backwards to accommodate both Pep and Juventus here? Just what is in it for them?
Maybe they have a gentelmen agreement.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If I had to rate all the managers linked to us from best to worst:
1. Poch
2. Klopp
3. Pep

4. Gasp
5. Inzaghi
6. Sarri
7. Mourinho

8. Giampaolo
9. De Zerbi
10. Mihajlovic.
Quality wise IMO: Klopp Pep Poch Mourinho Sarri Gasp Inzaghi Mihajlovic Giampaolo De Zerbi
What we need: Pep Klopp Poch Sarri Inzaghi Gasp and then the 3 amigos..

Given what we need is Pep Im willing to let my dislike to his way of play and root for us to get him.
First is what is best for the team and only then is what I think about our choices..

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
What did I just read?!
Pochettino - He is definitely better than predictable Sarri but I`ll let this one slide..
Klopp?! Are you kidding me?! Did the Dortmund Bayern final not convinced you?! What about Liverpool Real or Liverpool Tottenham or maybe I should talk about winning BL with Dortmund or should I say 97 pts beaten only by Pep`s City who has the spending power of 5 Liverpools... not to mention there are players that will go to City but will not go to Liverpool so attraction is also important...

Klopp is class! If the Liverpool dominating Barcelona who are much better on paper.. didnt convince you nothing will.. and BTW Liverpool were better at Camp Nou as well but were very unlucky!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit!!! I rather have Sarri than him
Quando meno te l’aspetti...#Mourinho alla #Juventus (ufficiale domani?)
Supera #Sarri che “libero” fa gola a tutte ma ci vogliono
1f4b0.png
...#Giampaolo contatti con la #Roma#DiFrancesco con il #Milan#Semplici con la #Sampdoria
Io sto andando al manicomio!!
1f631.png

Voi, cosa ne pensate?
History, yes klopp is better but, now Sarriball has a name and his first year in epl, he hit the jackpot for a club like chelsea. Their fans on the other hand, no one can satisfy them they are one of the worst fans i have ever seen because they always complain about the manager. Come on man he changed their defensive mentality and made them an attractive team for his first 3 months and then as usual for Chelsea everything wend downhill.

on the other hand klopp is a world class manager but there is no trophy yet so they are all in the same bottle

Sarri, Klopp, Poch Same thing

Karna

May 17, 2019
The fans have never really taken to the football, infuriated by the numbing plod into which performances have deteriorated at times. Neither have they warmed to the man. Sarri can be refreshingly honest – perhaps too honest at times, as his complaints over the recent trip to Boston to play a charity fixture demonstrated – and has a mischievous sense of humour, which is sometimes lost in interpretation. But there is none of the charisma of a Mourinho, stardust of an Antonio Conte, or charm of a Carlo Ancelotti.

Neither is he blessed with that trio’s trophy haul. He was appointed to deliver spellbinding football, the kind that had entranced with Napoli as they threatened Juventus’s dominance of Serie A. Yet without the pizzazz on the pitch, the track-suited Sarri, with his quirky superstitions and gravelly growl as he chews down on that cigarette butt, can look out of place overseeing this collective. Theirs feels an odd arrangement and, for all that the season already looks satisfactory on paper, the sense is that the relationship could be short-lived.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-sarri-chelsea-europa-league-training-tantrum

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's all a little far-fetched, don't you think?

More likely if City knows they are saying, "lol, you signed a PRE-contract? Yeah, that isn't legally binding on us at all." It would be much easier for them to keep Pep and not do all this secretive and time-consuming looking behind the scenes stuff to help him leave.

If Pep insists on walking out on City and rescinding on his agreement, more likely is City will put him on gardening leave, and ensure that he doesn't sign for any other club whilst the term of his City contract is still in effect unless they get considerable and huge compensation. And they almost certainly wouldn't be at all bothered about secrecy when looking for a replacement coach, it would be in their interests to make that search public.

I'm confused as to why City would be inclined to bend over backwards to accommodate both Pep and Juventus here? Just what is in it for them?
It's very very far fetched and it defies any logic. But Ronaldo saga last year was just as far fetched if not even more. Hopefully we'll know in one or two weeks.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
History, yes klopp is better but, now Sarriball has a name and his first year in epl, he hit the jackpot for a club like chelsea. Their fans on the other hand, no one can satisfy them they are one of the worst fans i have ever seen because they always complain about the manager. Come on man he changed their defensive mentality and made them an attractive team for his first 3 months and then as usual for Chelsea everything wend downhill.

on the other hand klopp is a world class manager but there is no trophy yet so they are all in the same bottle

Sarri, Klopp, Poch Same thing
Klopp won the German league twice! which included Bayern Munich in their league... so he did win..
Klopp reached the CL final 3 times! He will probably win it this time but who knows..
Sarri reached the EL final 1 time and failed miserably at CL with Napoli with Shakhtar getting twice as much pts as Napoli...
Nope they are not at the same status..

I use to tell members here that they are exaggerating about Sarri and that he isnt as bad as they say but you... You are the opposite.. Sarri isnt as great as you suggest...
P.S - Their defensive mentality is now attacking and they play attractive football?! Only 1 goal scored more than last season under defensive Conte..

Sarri is not as bad as Post Ironic says he is but he is clearly not as good as you say he is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 389)