Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Or maybe City know and are working on a replacement behind the scenes?
It's all a little far-fetched, don't you think?

More likely if City knows they are saying, "lol, you signed a PRE-contract? Yeah, that isn't legally binding on us at all." It would be much easier for them to keep Pep and not do all this secretive and time-consuming looking behind the scenes stuff to help him leave.

If Pep insists on walking out on City and rescinding on his agreement, more likely is City will put him on gardening leave, and ensure that he doesn't sign for any other club whilst the term of his City contract is still in effect unless they get considerable and huge compensation. And they almost certainly wouldn't be at all bothered about secrecy when looking for a replacement coach, it would be in their interests to make that search public.

I'm confused as to why City would be inclined to bend over backwards to accommodate both Pep and Juventus here? Just what is in it for them?

Last edited:

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Dont get me wrong - Im definitely not hoping for Sarri but he is better than Gattuso while Inzaghi is too inexperienced in order to really consider him, Mihajlovic is too unproven and IIRC he was fired by Fiorentina so how is he better than Sarri I really dont know.

Sarri is a good option from all the "cheap" options but I dont think money is the problem..
Since we can eat at a 100$ restaurant now.. I expect us to bring 100$ meals - Either Pep/Klop/Poch or we should have kept Allegri as Sarri is definitely not Allegri although Sarri offers a more attacking brand of football which Allegri might not be able to provide..

Anyway Team Pep Klopp or Poch for the win..
Correct but Poch is the same bottle as Sarri. Sarri knows Italian tactic plus a good offensive play so in my opinion he is better than poch and klopp. Only the bald opportunist can beat Sarri to this job.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

More likely if City knows they are saying, "lol, you signed a PRE-contract? Yeah, that isn't legally binding on us at all." It would be much easier for them to keep Pep and not do all this secretive and time-consuming looking behind the scenes stuff to help him leave.

If Pep insists on walking out on City and rescinding on his agreement, more likely is City will put him on gardening leave, and ensure that he doesn't sign for any other club whilst the term of his City contract is still in effect unless they get considerable and huge compensation. I'm confused as to why City would be inclined to bend over backwards to accommodate both Pep and Juventus here?
If that was the case, we'd never see CR7 at Juve and many more transfers actually happening throughout the history.

Would you keep an unmotivated coach that asked to leave? Would you as an employer keep an employee that told you he wanted to go?
Whether Pep is actually happening or not it's a completely another matter. Your scenario is possible but that kind of things actually backfire with time because other people are warned it's not worth doing business with this kind of people.

And the whole reasoning is flawed because whether City decides to keep him against his will or let him go they're still in the same situation: they need a new coach (assuming that they make an example of him and release him from his duties but keep the contract).

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The very thought that Andrea Agnelli (!) goes to another country to negotiate with Sarri (!!!), or even works on it part-time, is beyond ridiculous. If it were Pep, then it would be a little bit more plausible (similar to how he paid CR7 a visit when everything had already been said and done). But if the club indeed works on signing Sarri, it is other managers' job to negotiate.

The only reason for Agnelli to meet Sarri is to return the latter his cap which he might have kicked through Andrea's room window during the tantrum.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2012

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">El PRESIDENTE de la JUVENTUS Andrea AGNELLI, CAZADO en BAKU para cerrar el FICHAJE de SARRI, actual entrenador del CHELSEA. (Vía <a href="https://twitter.com/tuttosport?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@tuttosport</a>) <a href="https://t.co/YxJAKPTTsl">pic.twitter.com/YxJAKPTTsl</a></p>&mdash; ChiringuitoChampions (@chirichampions) <a href="">29 May 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004

If Pep insists on walking out on City and rescinding on his agreement, more likely is City will put him on gardening leave, and ensure that he doesn't sign for any other club whilst the term of his City contract is still in effect unless they get considerable and huge compensation. And they almost certainly wouldn't be at all bothered about secrecy when looking for a replacement coach, it would be in their interests to make that search public.

I'm confused as to why City would be inclined to bend over backwards to accommodate both Pep and Juventus here? Just what is in it for them?
First of all Juve is bigger than City.
2. Pep likes UCL more than domestic trophies aka EPL,FA Cup, Carabao cup.
3. He likes to claim that he once upon a time couched Messi and Ronaldo but I am not too sure about that as I made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 299)