Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And everyone lambasted Conte for failing to prioritize winning it (mostly because final was in our stadium)

Mourinho won it two years ago too, with a rubbish United while Conte was destroying the Premier League.

It’s hardly a worthwhile competition.

Allegri’s never even been in the competition :heart:
It had to do with the fact we havent won an international cup in so long, and that looked like a golden opportunity after a failed CL group stage. We had our hopes high up and then got them crushed hard, in what seemed like a winnable tie and game vs Benfica. Sadly we burnt out

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sarri wore a suit today and also pulled a cigar and not a cigarette after the match. He's clearly auditioning for Juve. Poor guy doesn't know Agnelli already left.
Agnelli been reading Tuz, so the meeting with Sarri before the match was to ask Sarri to wear a suit and smoke a cigar instead of a cigarette to convince us hold-outs of his suitability for the job.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
And everyone lambasted Conte for failing to prioritize winning it (mostly because final was in our stadium)

Mourinho won it two years ago too, with a rubbish United while Conte was destroying the Premier League.

It’s hardly a worthwhile competition.

Allegri’s never even been in the competition :heart:
I disagree, it is a worthwhile trophy and it's a European one at that. We shouldn't hide behind the excuse of devaluing the competition since we didn't win it. It's obviously not the Champions League but still a European trophy

I dilike people saying Coppa doesn't mean anything as well.

Jun 6, 2015
I disagree, it is a worthwhile trophy and it's a European one at that. We shouldn't hide behind the excuse of devaluing the competition since we didn't win it. It's obviously not the Champions League but still a European trophy

It's a good trophy for a team that is trying to get going again like we were in 2014 or Chelsea are now. Obviously it would be a pretty underwhelming trophy for the current Juve with our aspirations.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

It has nothing to do with us not winning it. It was very poor from Conte and our team, even more so considering that we had Serie A wrapped up already and focussed on a points record instead of this trophy. I would have loved winning it that year.

Just like I loved winning the last 4 Coppas.

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s a competition full of garbage teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 386)