vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
People complaining about the possibility of Pep, yet they want coaches like Inzaghi and Conte who have done nothing in Europe.

@DAiDEViL come at me boo ;):heart:
What has Pep done in Europe since leaving Barca? Nothing. Just to put that in context, Mourinho won in Europe just a year before Pep won with Barca last.

(I'd prefer Pep over the others as well, but he offers no guarantee on us succeeding in Europe.)

Edit: Just realised that Mourinho has technically won in Europe since then as well :D

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
People complaining about the possibility of Pep, yet they want coaches like Inzaghi and Conte who have done nothing in Europe.

@DAiDEViL come at me boo ;):heart:
Yeah. Spend a premium on Pep and his ideas just to end up winning just as much as what Max would have won, but for much less money. Pep has done nothing worth talking about (especially not in the CL, the main reason users want him here...) ever since leaving the Golden Generation Barca, how can you not see that?

Jul 20, 2012
Yeah. Spend a premium on Pep and his ideas just to end up winning just as much as what Max would have won, but for much less money. Pep has done nothing worth talking about (especially not in the CL, the main reason users want him here...) ever since leaving the Golden Generation Barca, how can you not see that?
And we have arguably one of the best teams in recent years and yet we still haven't won the cl. So if the argument is Guardiola had a stacked team, we could easily argue that this team is a couple of signings away from being one of the most complete in Europe.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
u don't wanna know :p

CM said La Repubblica
Its bullshit. Basically, what happened in the press conference was that the journalist asked Agnelli whether conte was a possibility or not, and Ronaldo 'frowned' because Agnelli had said before the conference that he was not answering any questions in regard to the next coach. He simply disapproved of the question out of respect for what Agnelli had just said. Nothing serious.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Sarri would be the best from all the Italian coaches, at least he tries to be progressive, and understands that Italian style of football is dead.
the guy is a stubborn mule, tactically inflexible, never won a thing in his life,
he does the same thing every game, no matter what is happening, same subs, same line up, he doesn't know how to adjust based on opposition, he just goes out there with the same line up every week and hopes for the best. 4-3-3 with Jorginho holding

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
its not about 'erasing' the rest of his time you need to look at progress and to be honest we have deteriorated over the last 18 months, hard to see that improving next season
No one is saying we must keep Allegri. But it is entirely irrelevancy to what we were discussing.

We can afford Ronaldo today in large part due to Allegri’s results in Europe with the team Marotta supplied.

So maybe stop acting like a spoilt child for once. Bashing the guys who made the signing you’re bragging about possible is supremely retarded.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And we have arguably one of the best teams in recent years and yet we still haven't won the cl. So if the argument is Guardiola had a stacked team, we could easily argue that this team is a couple of signings away from being one of the most complete in Europe.
He took over the triple winning Bayern. Was a pretty decent team as well i'd say. Could he win the CL with it?

There are no guarantees, and if we were to make "a couple of signings" (an actual midfield that is) Max could have won it as well next season. That notion that Pep is somehow the key to CL success is downright laughable if you look at his stints at Bayern and City.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sarri would be the best from all the Italian coaches, at least he tries to be progressive, and understands that Italian style of football is dead.
I dont know if the best but he tries to attack and he did a very good job with Napoli while I cant say a 3rd place finish and EL final (while being the favorite to win now as he plays Arsenal..) is a bad season..

Chelsea are below City and Liverpool while Tottenham and Man Utd are debatable in terms of players in the team - He has done the best he could actually - The first of the non contenders...
In EL he also done the best he could as Chelsea are one of the favorites to the EL and indeed he took them to the final.

Napoli - He got Napoli many pts in the league and only lost the scudetto because he has Juve in the same league.. Considering that I believe he has done a wonderful job!

Im not saying Im pro Sarri but he is one of the best of all the B options..

Jul 20, 2012
He took over the triple winning Bayern. Was a pretty decent team as well i'd say. Could he win the CL with it?

There are no guarantees, and if we were to make "a couple of signings" (an actual midfield that is) Max could have won it as well next season. That notion that Pep is somehow the key to CL success is downright laughable if you look at his stints at Bayern and City.
I completely agree with this statement. I think guardiola would do a lot better with this team, but you make some great points.

At the end of the day I want the best for the team. However to argue that coaches that have done next to nothing in Europe over someone with cl experience is laughable.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
No one is saying we must keep Allegri. But it is entirely irrelevancy to what we were discussing.

We can afford Ronaldo today in large part due to Allegri’s results in Europe with the team Marotta supplied.

So maybe stop acting like a spoilt child for once. Bashing the guys who made the signing you’re bragging about possible is supremely retarded.
spoilt child :lol:

pardon me for trying to look forward instead of living off the past

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Mourinho has declined severely as a coach. And the funny thing is, you can compare the two coaches because they've always had huge budgets wherever they've gone. Pep > Mourinho
Mourinho hasnt declined.. Football has evolved while Mourinho hasnt.. Mourinho is stubborn with his ideas and not willing to change and this is why Man Utd played so badly..
Im not saying Man Utd would have won the league with a great manager but would definitely get much more credit from its players its fans and people watching at home..

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
the guy is a stubborn mule, tactically inflexible, never won a thing in his life,
he does the same thing every game, no matter what is happening, same subs, same line up, he doesn't know how to adjust based on opposition, he just goes out there with the same line up every week and hopes for the best. 4-3-3 with Jorginho holding
Him winning nothing with Napoli is no big surprise considering this Juve team is far superior to his Napoli.Change him with Allegri and he would be as successful.
He's doing a very good job at Chelsea, finishing third behind two record breaking teams, and reaching EL final.

Best Italian coach right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)