New Dutch coach van Basten reveals new squad (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2004
The Netherlands(away) will play a friendly against England(home) next November and in 2006 February England(away) will come to Holland(home) for a friendly match,

With Marco van Basten as new coach this will be the new Dutch squad:

New:

Nigel de Jong(Ajax)
Maarten Stekelenburg(Ajax)
Denny Landzaat(AZ)
Jan Kromkamp(AZ)
Romeo Castelen(Feyenoord)
Kevin Hofland(Wolfsburg)
Mark van Bommel(PSV)(Back after injury)
Pascal Bosschaart(Feyenoord)
Robin van Persie(Arsenal)
Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)

Out:

Jaap Stam(int. football retirement)
Marc Overmars(retirement)
Michael Reiziger(Middlesbrough)
Ronald Waterreus(-)
Paul Bosvelt(Man. City)
Frank de Boer(Quatar + int. football retirement)
Clarence Seedorf(AC Milan)(due to injury)
Ruud van Nistelrooy(Man. Utd)(due to injury)

Full squad:

Keepers:
Edwin van der Sar(Fulham)
Maarten Stekelenburg(Ajax)
Sander Westerveld(Real Sociedad)

Pascal Bosschaart(Feyenoord)
Jan Kromkamp(AZ)
Wilfred Bouma(PSV)
Johnny Heitinga(Ajax)
Nigel de Jong(Ajax)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst(Barcelona)
Boudewijn Zenden(Middlesbrough)
Kevin Hofland(Wolfsburg)

Mark van Bommel(PSV)
Wesley Sneijder(Ajax)
Denny Landzaat(AZ)
Rafael van der Vaart(Ajax)
Edgar Davids(Inter)
Philip Cocu(PSV)

Roy Makaay(Bayern Munich)
Arjen Robben(Chelsea)
Andy van der Meyde(Inter)
Patrick Kluivert(Newcastle)
Romeo Castelen(Feyenoord)
Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)
Pierre van Hooijdonk(Fenerbahce)
Robin van Persie(Arsenal)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Jun 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    This will be the probably squad against Sweden over 2 weeks:

---------------------------van der Sar---------------------------

-----de Jong------Heitinga-------Bouma---Bosschaart-----

-----------------------------Sneijder------------------------------

---------van der Vaart----------------van Persie--------------

---Castelen---------------Makaay------------------Robben---

I don't think this team is weak

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by W.Sneijder -18- ] ++
    This will be the probably squad against Sweden over 2 weeks:

---------------------------van der Sar---------------------------

-----de Jong------Heitinga-------Bouma---Bosschaart-----

-----------------------------Sneijder------------------------------

---------van der Vaart----------------van Persie--------------

---Castelen---------------Makaay------------------Robben---

I don't think this team is weak
    defensively its rubbish :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    W.Sneijder -18, thanks for the info.

I want to see what Van Basten does to the team. He used to coach Ajax primavera, correct?

What happened to RVN? What kind of injury and for how long?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Van Basten - I Want An Offensive Holland
    8/2/2004 3:35:00 PM

Marco Van Basten has not lost his ambitious character during the years and this was apparent in his first press conference as the new coach of Holland.
    The former Milan striker declared: "I want an offensive Holland and motivated player. Wearing the orange shirt must be a sign of pride and honour. First of all I want to rejuvenate the group of players, but this does not scare me considering the many talented young players that the Dutch football has."

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=14630&progr=1

OP
    Jun 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    We have a un-experienced new squad right now with several players retiring from international football. Give this team 4, 5 years to grow and we will be amongst the 3 best teams in the world, because this young team has so many potential with 5/6 very highly rated youngster, that it would surprise me if they wouldn't make it
    But here's my opinion about the players we have got.

Edwin van der Sar: Very underrated, one of the best keepers in the world imo. Could go around for another 2 years

Sander Westerveld: He had to cope with a lot of bad luck. I'm sure you're all familiar with the Liverpool Story. Played outstanding with Real Sociedad. Got injured and broke his finger. Had to recover for several months...never got a chance afterwards

Maarten Stekelenburg: Great young promising keeper of Ajax. Deffo going to be the next first keeper of the Dutch team after van der Sar retires.

Pascal Bosschaart: Not good enough for this level imo. But what the hell, you'll never know if you don't try things.

Wilfred Bouma: Played good on Euro 2004 and consistent for PSV. He's going to be a regular for years to come

John Heitinga: One of Europe's finest defensive prospects. Just 1 year ago he was on a brink of retirement after having to suffer a long-time injury for about almost 2 years. Koeman gave him a chance while the others thought he wouldn't make it anymore, he took it...became one of the best players last season and soon got a place in the Dutch National Squad. If someone deserved to get where he now is, it's definitely Johnny Heitinga

Nigel de Jong: His ultimate breakthrough was his equalizing goal against Arsenal in the CL. Can play on almost every spot in the defense and midfield. Can turn out to be the next Campbell/Vieira.

Jan Kromkamp: Really don't know what he's doing in the squad. Definitely not good enough...but like to see how he manages himself against a top class striker.

Kevin Hofland: Had a fabolous start with PSV. But several injuries got him out of the picture at PSV and now has a new beginning with Wolfsburg. Has played for the Dutch squad before. Would like to see if he can remain his form of 2 years ago or even become better.

Boudewijn Zenden: Definitely has got skills, otherwise you wouldn't get to a club like Chelsea like he did. But his best years are over and it only gets worse. Isn't good enough for the Dutch squad.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst: He also has skills, but he doesn't show them in the Dutch National Team.

Mark van Bommel: Back after injury, great defensive midfielder

Robin van Persie: One of Holland's best talents. van Persie shall become Bergkamp's replacement at Arsenal.

Wesley Sneijder: Holland's best talent around now, helped the Dutch to Euro 2004 almost in his own in the deciding match against the Scottish with 3 assists and 1 goal. Has a phenomenal blasting shot with great pace. He's two-footed. He can take fenomenal free-kicks and corners...reminds me of Beckham.

Rafael van der Vaart: Used to be Holland's greatest talent, but very inconsistent. But if he develops like he should develop, he could be the next Zidane.

Denny Landzaat: Has played for the Dutch squad before. He's also not good enough anymore. But experimenting with players in friendlies isn't lethal.

Edgar Davids: Had a outstanding season with Barca where he helped single-handed Barca to the 2nd spot, ok...he maybe had some help from Ronaldinho, but still he will have a hard time to secure a place in the first-team ;) .

Philip Cocu: His best days are past. He has gone worse on every aspect he used to be good in. There are enough good alternatives for him. Philip...leave the honour to yourself and quit with torchering yourself!

Roy Makaay: In almost any other team he would have been a regular, he has 'the luck' of Ruud van Nistelrooy ahead of him. Won the Golden Boot with Depor, Has been CL's topscorer...i can name other topstrikers who are considered better than Makaay who didn't managed to win those prizes or score as many goals as him...VERY and VERY underrated in Europe or maybe in the World.

Arjen Robben: Worldclass winger, especially at his age...nothing more to add

Andy van der Meyde: Although i'm a big Ajax fan, i don't think Mandy is either good enough for Inter and the Dutch. Played poor on Euro 2004.

Romeo Castelen: Another prospect, looks like he's going to be van der Meyde's replacement in the team after Overmars has retired. Hasn't got any experience but he'll learn

Dirk Kuyt: Above average striker, knows how to score goals. Still young and developing.

Pierre van Hooijdonk: One of world's best free-kick takers. Helped Feyenoord to win the UEFA Cup in 2002. A perfect super-sub. But ready for retirement.

Patrick Kluivert: Nobody can say he's shite, if you look at what he achieved...it's just amazing...although had a bad season but has 2 better strikers ATM ahead of him.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by W.Sneijder -18- ] ++
    We have a un-experienced new squad right now with several players retiring from international football. Give this team 4, 5 years to grow and we will be amongst the 3 best teams in the world, because this young team has so many potential with 5/6 very highly rated youngster, that it would surprise me if they wouldn't make it
    But here's my opinion about the players we have got.

Edwin van der Sar: Very underrated, one of the best keepers in the world imo. Could go around for another 2 years

Sander Westerveld: He had to cope with a lot of bad luck. I'm sure you're all familiar with the Liverpool Story. Played outstanding with Real Sociedad. Got injured and broke his finger. Had to recover for several months...never got a chance afterwards

Maarten Stekelenburg: Great young promising keeper of Ajax. Deffo going to be the next first keeper of the Dutch team after van der Sar retires.

Pascal Bosschaart: Not good enough for this level imo. But what the hell, you'll never know if you don't try things.

Wilfred Bouma: Played good on Euro 2004 and consistent for PSV. He's going to be a regular for years to come

John Heitinga: One of Europe's finest defensive prospects. Just 1 year ago he was on a brink of retirement after having to suffer a long-time injury for about almost 2 years. Koeman gave him a chance while the others thought he wouldn't make it anymore, he took it...became one of the best players last season and soon got a place in the Dutch National Squad. If someone deserved to get where he now is, it's definitely Johnny Heitinga

Nigel de Jong: His ultimate breakthrough was his equalizing goal against Arsenal in the CL. Can play on almost every spot in the defense and midfield. Can turn out to be the next Campbell/Vieira.

Jan Kromkamp: Really don't know what he's doing in the squad. Definitely not good enough...but like to see how he manages himself against a top class striker.

Kevin Hofland: Had a fabolous start with PSV. But several injuries got him out of the picture at PSV and now has a new beginning with Wolfsburg. Has played for the Dutch squad before. Would like to see if he can remain his form of 2 years ago or even become better.

Boudewijn Zenden: Definitely has got skills, otherwise you wouldn't get to a club like Chelsea like he did. But his best years are over and it only gets worse. Isn't good enough for the Dutch squad.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst: He also has skills, but he doesn't show them in the Dutch National Team.

Mark van Bommel: Back after injury, great defensive midfielder

Robin van Persie: One of Holland's best talents. van Persie shall become Bergkamp's replacement at Arsenal.

Wesley Sneijder: Holland's best talent around now, helped the Dutch to Euro 2004 almost in his own in the deciding match against the Scottish with 3 assists and 1 goal. Has a phenomenal blasting shot with great pace. He's two-footed. He can take fenomenal free-kicks and corners...reminds me of Beckham.

Rafael van der Vaart: Used to be Holland's greatest talent, but very inconsistent. But if he develops like he should develop, he could be the next Zidane.

Denny Landzaat: Has played for the Dutch squad before. He's also not good enough anymore. But experimenting with players in friendlies isn't lethal.

Edgar Davids: Had a outstanding season with Barca where he helped single-handed Barca to the 2nd spot, ok...he maybe had some help from Ronaldinho, but still he will have a hard time to secure a place in the first-team ;) .

Philip Cocu: His best days are past. He has gone worse on every aspect he used to be good in. There are enough good alternatives for him. Philip...leave the honour to yourself and quit with torchering yourself!

Roy Makaay: In almost any other team he would have been a regular, he has 'the luck' of Ruud van Nistelrooy ahead of him. Won the Golden Boot with Depor, Has been CL's topscorer...i can name other topstrikers who are considered better than Makaay who didn't managed to win those prizes are score as many goals as him...VERY and VERY underrated in Europe or maybe in the World.

Arjen Robben: Worldclass winger, especially at his age...nothing more to add

Andy van der Meyde: Although i'm a big Ajax fan, i don't think Mandy is either good enough for Inter and the Dutch. Played poor on Euro 2004.

Romeo Castelen: Another prospect, looks like he's going to be van der Meyde's replacement in the team after Overmars has retired. Hasn't got any experience but he'll learn

Dirk Kuyt: Above average striker, knows how to score goals. Still young and developing.

Pierre van Hooijdonk: One of world's best free-kick takers. Helped Feyenoord to win the UEFA Cup in 2002. A perfect super-sub. But ready for retirement.

Patrick Kluivert: Nobody can say he's shite, if you look at what he achieved...it's just amazing...although had a bad season but has 2 better strikers ATM ahead of him.
    ian is gonna love u, especially the vds bit :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)