New coach or the Champions League? (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That`s also a problem.Why only to look on worst options than Ranieri?
Because our highest managers, are noobs and because our owners do not want to invest more and they want a coach that will not demand anything,
a puppy that will happily do his job and dont whine for more,
or at least demand less than DD did
and have wages, similar/not higher than CR's,
these are facts proven by history,
unfortunately, this is the situation for now, the fans do not agree, but we cant do nothing about it...
Considering all these, we dont have many better options than CR, atm.
When and IF our policy changes, then we can make/consider, a proper move/upgrade...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Id definatley stick with keeping Ranieri till the end of the season.If we get into the CL,we will get better players,with or without Ranieri.There's a difference in the manner potential transfer targets look at a club that has just won promotion and a club that has just qualified for the CL.Im not holding out for someone like VDV,or even Diego,but im sure we'd sign better players in the summer.For one,Secco's job is on the line.No one likes being fired.He'd put in extra effort to please the fans and get players that the team needs.Wether he does that is another case,but im sure that he'll put in some extra effort.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
well if you ask the question in dumb way like that, no one will go for "new coach" answer of course..

ok let me ask you another question. Having Messi, Aguero, Huntelaar,Diego and Van der Vaart all together, or relegation to Serie B? :shifty:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe because he had no time to fit in with the team.Still I think we can`t slip out of CL spot.I think situation can`t worst then our currently.If we hire Lippi(I don`t know if it`s possible but I just say if) or some other coach in that rank I think we`d stay 3rd + we`d already play better in the first match.

I think it`s pointless to watch it from that point of view.If we sack Ranieri and by some chance some other coach do even worse job than Ranieri you would say "we should`ve kept Ranieri" ? But you don`t know if we would manage to do it with him either.

I just hope we don`t end up with Donadoni somehow.
ultimately its about the objectives and goals you want to achieve by the end of the season or long term. If the objectives are already set then we could realise the risks involved with the decisions we make.

imo the CL place is the most important objective now and firing ranieri would be too risky to obtain that goal.
Exactly.But there must be some more coaches.It`s such a pain to see him coaching Juventus.

Now,I have one question(mainly for those who want to keep him until the end of the season).

We(fans) know that even if we get to CL Ranieri must be sacked.But the question is does our board realise that?
How can you be sure that we`re going to sack him?Now when we`re in some crisis we have a reason why to but later?

His objective was/is to get to top 4 and reach CL spot.If he do that I think we aren`t going to say goodbye to him like we did to Deshamp.Media will kill them all with all questions.Why,reasons...they tell anything.They can`t tell "Ugh we were bad"...
Thats a very big point and the large consensus about the issue is that he will not be sacked, as he obtained the goals set out in the beginning of the season regardless of the style.

But the board wanted Lippi last summer and if they get a big name in the summer there is the possibility that we see Ranieri's departure.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
ultimately its about the objectives and goals you want to achieve by the end of the season or long term. If the objectives are already set then we could realise the risks involved with the decisions we make.

imo the CL place is the most important objective now and firing ranieri would be too risky to obtain that goal.
That's fine, but you have to admit it is risky with Ranieri also, everyone is forgetting that. It is not really a tough task as we all thinking, but I don't trust in Ranieri, look at the team performance now, for months it's been the same case, luck was on our side all the time. Ranieri doesn't have any solutions as we all seen, he is not trying new things, or not trying to solve anything, so why should we keep a man who got out of solutions? Changing the manager is risky for the CL spot, I agree, but keeping Ranieri is riskier for the CL spot..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
That's fine, but you have to admit it is risky with Ranieri also, everyone is forgetting that. It is not really a tough task as we all thinking, but I don't trust in Ranieri, look at the team performance now, for months it's been the same case, luck was on our side all the time. Ranieri doesn't have any solutions as we all seen, he is not trying new things, or not trying to solve anything, so why should we keep a man who got out of solutions? Changing the manager is risky for the CL spot, I agree, but keeping Ranieri is riskier for the CL spot..
That was the case with Ranieri from the beginning. Nothing changed because whatever he was doing worked.

Its always going to be risky from both sides. I just see it riskier bringing in someone new, as most importantly we do not have time on our side.

Anyway i think he will stay on till the end of the season. Whats really gutting about this post new year crisis is that we actually had the potential to be over Roma and really close to Inter but every little thing imaginable went wrong for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)