Need advice on earphones (2 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't feel like using more than 500 kr, to be honest.
Majority of my knowledge and experience is with sennheisers. Honestly you might aswell get any pair for about 300 if you're not going to spend 700ish. Thats the first step up in quality, the minimum being the ones I have, hd 558 (100dollars on amazon)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Majority of my knowledge and experience is with sennheisers. Honestly you might aswell get any pair for about 300 if you're not going to spend 700ish. Thats the first step up in quality, the minimum being the ones I have, hd 558 (100dollars on amazon)
What you think of hd 429s?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Nope, atm I'm using the shitty handset that followed with my galaxy :lol: I stopped caring about in ears years ago. Investing in my home stereo seems much more rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out the link I posted to Völler @ZoSo . This is how it looks when you fire them up :p

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/am8Egj9_460sv.mp4

Massive boner achieved
Same, but that's why I use those, because they're super cheap (like $10) and sound really decent.

I saw, that's just ridiculous :D

- - - Updated - - -

I had a pair of 449s and they were decent enough but I upgraded to 598s this year and they are far better. I gave my old ones to my sister because the difference is so much that I have no use for them any more.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Its a pretty bad set of headphones. You spend 400 on them and you still dont get instrument separation for instance. Iirc they have a good bass frequency, but all the same its a waste of money to spend that much, when entry level denon or sennheisers give you just about the same for half-ish the price.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Its a pretty bad set of headphones. You spend 400 on them and you still dont get instrument separation for instance. Iirc they have a good bass frequency, but all the same its a waste of money to spend that much, when entry level denon or sennheisers give you just about the same for half-ish the price.
That's not the answer I was looking for! :D
I assume HD 461G sucks too? :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Dont know those, but I can see that they're 90$ on the internet. Why not spend 10 bucks more and get the HD 558? I can vouch for those :p
I'm checking prices on Sennheiser's own website. Buying them on Amazon.com sucks. First of all, delivery is a expensive. Second of all, since it's more expensive than bagatelgrænsen, you're going to pay told og moms if they're caught in delivery. Actually, scratch that. Amazon.com doesn't even deliver these headphones to Denmark. On Amazon.co.uk and Sennheiser's website, HD 558 are twice as expensive as HD 461G.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I'm checking prices on Sennheiser's own website. Buying them on Amazon.com sucks. First of all, delivery is a expensive. Second of all, since it's more expensive than bagatelgrænsen, you're going to pay told og moms if they're caught in delivery. Actually, scratch that. Amazon.com doesn't even deliver these headphones to Denmark. On Amazon.co.uk and Sennheiser's website, HD 558 are twice as expensive as HD 461G.
Yeah, I can ser that theyre about 1.000 in Denmark. Dont know what to tell you, quality costs and theyre still cheap compared to what you get.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yeah, I can ser that theyre about 1.000 in Denmark. Dont know what to tell you, quality costs and theyre still cheap compared to what you get.
Yeah, 1124 kr (including delivery) is the cheapest I can find. Guess I'll have to think about it for a second.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, 1124 kr (including delivery) is the cheapest I can find. Guess I'll have to think about it for a second.
:tup: Let me know where you land.

Last thing I can add to this is that all non-essential parts are replacable on them. So as long the wiring inside the headphones are intact repairs are pretty cheap. Not that I think you're going to need it, as I've had mine for three years and despite rough handling they look and feel pristine.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:tup: Let me know where you land.

Last thing I can add to this is that all non-essential parts are replacable on them. So as long the wiring inside the headphones are intact repairs are pretty cheap. Not that I think you're going to need it, as I've had mine for three years and despite rough handling they look and feel pristine.
Have you tried the 598s? :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I wanna spring for the HD 600's, with all this headphone talk. jeez

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried the 598s? :D
I've tried them, yeah. Didn't think it was worth the money upgrading from the 558's to that, despite it being a clearly better headphone. HD 600 is where the magic is at, imo that is the maximum you could ever need if it's just for enjoying music.

Added to cart :scared:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I wanna spring for the HD 600's, with all this headphone talk. jeez

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried them, yeah. Didn't think it was worth the money upgrading from the 558's to that, despite it being a clearly better headphone. HD 600 is where the magic is at, imo that is the maximum you could ever need if it's just for enjoying music.

Added to cart :scared:
may as well get the 800s :D

When I got my HD598s they were on sale and I think they were actually cheaper than the 558s

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
received my new Auna (german brand http://www.auna.de/) over ears today.

first of all:

i was looking for something cheap (≈50€, bassy sound), something
i wouldnt start to cry over once its broken. only gonna wear
em when i am snowboarding or skating. my 558‘s to stay at home.
so i gave Auna a shot (known for their good price-performance ratio)

they look really solid, feel good awsell.
sound is better than i thought it would be - a lot of base *surprise*
but without the expected swallowing of mids and highs.

obviously they are not as good as my 558‘s, but if you are looking for something
cheap they can be recommended for sure. :tup:
...better those than fucking beats.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/auna-Headphones-Closed-Foldable-Balanced/dp/B00P2HYGO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450666013&sr=8-2&keywords=auna+base

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)