Need advice on earphones (2 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
I really liked the CX300. I used it a lot before I got my a-Jays Three. Its cable was not strong enough, and it just disintegrated at the earphone end. Not to mention it tangled a lot too. I love the flat cable on the a-Jays MUCH better. Don't tangle, and look like they can handle rough use.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Talking about earphones, what do you guys think of Bose around-ear headphones? The quality on those are amazing, but what about convinience and durability?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I really liked the CX300. I used it a lot before I got my a-Jays Three. Its cable was not strong enough, and it just disintegrated at the earphone end. Not to mention it tangled a lot too. I love the flat cable on the a-Jays MUCH better. Don't tangle, and look like they can handle rough use.
That has to be the only reason to prefer the A jays over the CX300 though, I like the 300 sound much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about earphones, what do you guys think of Bose around-ear headphones? The quality on those are amazing, but what about convinience and durability?
Don't even look at Bose if you're not planning to shell out ca. 800 bucks or more, everything below that is much worse when compared to the alternatives.

Apr 15, 2006
That has to be the only reason to prefer the A jays over the CX300 though, I like the 300 sound much better.
Not really. The highs on the a-Jays Three is so much better than the 300. Although I do feel that for a balanced sound quality, the a-Jays Two might be much better. But the accessories you get with them make it much more desirable. Other than the usual, you get an output splitter. airplane adapter and a carry case. The packaging is top notch too.

And it's priced greatly too IMO. A very solid choice.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The highs might be more precise on the A Jays but you have to keep in mind what people use them for. These types of headphones are meant for small portable players, usually these players do not support FLAC or other lossless codecs. If you go for quality MP3, that is 320 samples per second, the highs are already ruined to such an extent that investing in headphones with precise highs is a waste of money. I don't know what you use them for, but judging from the Sennheisers you bought it would be a shame to use the in ears for home use and lossless listening :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Judging from the description on this page, these are closed hearphones (noise cancelling) used for travel, right? If that's the case then I don't know what to say as I've never worked with this kind of equipment. The best thing for you it to read around, CNET reviews are usually pretty good.

If you need advice on headphones for home listening, I'm your man :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It's for comuting and home listening too actually, it's that I just like the noise canceling thing and I tried the quality on those in some airport it was really really nice. (though they are not a real noise canceling headphones, bose has a different line for that)

Anyway, I was using some seihnuasers the small earplug ones and I liked them very much, but I wanna try a real good over the ear ones, not too big but with good quality.

Apr 15, 2006
The highs might be more precise on the A Jays but you have to keep in mind what people use them for. These types of headphones are meant for small portable players, usually these players do not support FLAC or other lossless codecs. If you go for quality MP3, that is 320 samples per second, the highs are already ruined to such an extent that investing in headphones with precise highs is a waste of money. I don't know what you use them for, but judging from the Sennheisers you bought it would be a shame to use the in ears for home use and lossless listening :D
My Jays Three are for outdoor use only. But among the a-Jays One, Two & Three, the focus is on lows, mids and highs respectively. So you can easily switch to the Two and have a balanced sound. And since all of them are greatly priced, I don't see it as a waste of money at all. The One is about $30 and the Three is $60.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's for comuting and home listening too actually, it's that I just like the noise canceling thing and I tried the quality on those in some airport it was really really nice. (though they are not a real noise canceling headphones, bose has a different line for that)

Anyway, I was using some seihnuasers the small earplug ones and I liked them very much, but I wanna try a real good over the ear ones, not too big but with good quality.
My advice for you is to keep using the buds for commuting and get some Sennheiser HD558's for home listening.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

I can't stress how brilliant this headphone is.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I'm had very good expirience with sennheiser so i'll look into it too before deciding.
I've done my deed here then :D. The only thing is that you just can't use them outside, they're completely open so you can hear everything people are doing around you.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I've done my deed here then :D. The only thing is that you just can't use them outside, they're completely open so you can hear everything people are doing around you.
Haha, I just checked the link, i have them already :lol:

And yeah they are a bit too big and open for outside use :)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Ended up getting a pair of philips she3590 for $20 from a bunch of different reviews and other places that said they are better than the sennheisers. These are really good earphones and probably the best in ear I've heard and I've heard quite a lot of pairs, definitely the most comfortable too... I usually don't find them very comfortable. If I have to describe the sound, they sound very 'alive' which is quite pleasing.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
guys, i need some in-ear headphones, nothing too expensive, to be used mainly when out (beach, walking to work etc) and when travelling...any recommendations?

I currently have a pair of sennheiser, but i lost the cover thing, and while the sound is good, i'd like something a bit newer (and better)

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #59
    Just bought Sennheiser mx365 earphones...they're just freaking amazing! If you're looking for earphones that are not in-ear then I'd highly recommend these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)