Nedved Wanted? (1 Viewer)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
Agent: Chelsea chasing £25m Nedved

Chelsea are in hot pursuit of Juventus' Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved according to the player's agent.

Zdenek Nehoda told The Sun that the wealthy west Londoners are tracking Nedved after advice from England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The newspaper reports that the club are prepared to pay £25million for the player.

'Juventus' director general Luciano Moggi told me Chelsea want Pavel and although the answer has been no, they simply won't go away,' he said.

'The desire to have him is very strong and apparently Eriksson keeps on advising [Chelsea's Russian billionaire owner] Roman Abramovich that Pavel is vital.'

Eriksson has been consistently linked with the manager's job at Stamford Bridge ever since he was photographed visiting Abramovich's London residence with top soccer agent Pini Zahavi.

The rumours have been quietened by the success of current coach Claudio Ranieri, who has led Chelsea to the top of the Barclaycard Premiership and into the last 16 of the Champions League.

Nedved played under Eriksson at Lazio and was identified by the Swede as one of six key players who could most hurt England's chances of success at Euro 2004.

'It is clear why Eriksson would say this because he knows Pavel very well. And how is Nedved playing at Juventus? Not well - brilliantly.

'Pavel has a contract until 2006 and intends to respect it but everything can change so quickly in football.

'It is true that before Chelsea came in for Pavel, Juventus did make a tentative offer to bring forward contract extension talks but Pavel said no and continues to feel the same way.'

--------------------------------------------

Barca To Make Bid for Nedved?

Barcelona president Joan Laporta says that the club are ready to make an audacious bid for Juventus' Pavel Nedved.

"We are ready to make an offer to the player if our trainer wants him." he told Tuttosport. "This is a great club and we can attract the biggest names in the world."

Whether Nedved would be interested in joining the crisis-torn Catalans is another question.

seriously guys, cud we afford to loose nedved? shud we sell him if the money is big....?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    we have maresca and 25 million to put toward someone like adriano
    yea, and throw some defenders into that equation as well :D

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    cant we play WITHOUT Nedved?
    I know we have Maresca but...................................................
    I'm still not sure we can play without Nedved.

also yeah, with that money Juve can buy a great defender.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Nedved will go nowhere.

Juve were the team to make maximum money out of the CL last season and are not short of cash.

He is too important to us.

Nedved will sign on till 2006.

OP
    kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by juvetrainer ] ++
    cant we play WITHOUT Nedved?
    I know we have Maresca but...................................................
    I'm still not sure we can play without Nedved.
    we've proven tonite that we can. but nedved is still a class player, having him+maresca wud be gr8....

come to think of it, why doesnt lippi play them both? :fero: maresca can play in camo's position, and nedved gets the free role.....

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

we've proven tonite that we can. but nedved is still a class player, having him+maresca wud be gr8....

come to think of it, why doesnt lippi play them both? :fero: maresca can play in camo's position, and nedved gets the free role.....
    well, i didnt watch the game cos no channel show it :fero: so....i dont know how Maresca played.

i always think of it. hmm.....Maresca+Nedved.......i think that would be great!:cool:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if selling nedved meant bringin in Aimar and another good centre back, i say go for it. 25 mill is a lot in todays market, especially for a 32 year old.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Not now.... maybe next season... but we are still too nedved-deèndant....

and maresca will not be able to handle it alone... above all.. he has not been totally proved to leave this kind of responsability in his shoulders.

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    if selling nedved meant bringin in Aimar and another good centre back, i say go for it. 25 mill is a lot in todays market, especially for a 32 year old.
    what the connection between selling a midfielder meant bringing a defender? :confused:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    with 25 million pounds, we could land Aimar, hence taking over Nedveds role, which he is more than capable of doing. And i believe that we would still have some cash left over to put towards a good defender also.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I say end of the season, sell Nedved and Del Piero. Make a ton of cash. Build a good solid team that wouldnt require much input for a cycle of about 3 years. i.e bring bring in 2 quality talented defenders. 2 creative midfielders. That's four players for two. And a whole lot more efficency & stability for a longer period of time.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'd only want Nedved to go if we get Rosicky or someone equally capable.

25m is a lot, especially in today's market

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    how can we buy anyone better than nedved. there isnt anyone around other than zidane. if juve were to sell nedved like they did with zidane then we should go for aimar, tevez or ballack.

Aug 1, 2003
    I think we could use the money if Chelski (UGHHHH) buys him, but we need to invest wisely.

but I'd sell him at the end of the season earliest though, not now. I heard Barca's actually chasing trez? :confused:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I'd be reluctant to sell him until the end of the season, but £25m is well over €35m, so a replacement would be easy to buy (though maybe harder to find).

At 32, Nedved is not going to be able to carry much of the attacking threat for long. Sell him if the money is right. Be practical. Selling Zidane wasn't the end of the world, just like every other sale in the history of Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)