Nedved sets sights on Europe (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Pavel Nedved has confirmed that Juve’s main objective this season is the Champions’ League.

“After having won the Scudetto last year,” noted the Czech international, “it is only natural to try and extend that success to Europe. All we Juventus men think the same way about this issue.”

Indeed Gianluigi Buffon and Alessandro Del Piero have already made similar claims in the press, although Coach Marcello Lippi has refused to narrow down his options.

“I really think this will be the year of resurgence for Italian clubs on the continent,” continued the midfielder. “Finally after the World Cup they understand that it is best to attack and score one more than your opponents rather than concede one less.”

“I am sure that the Serie A sides will be protagonists in Europe this season. They won’t get knocked out early this time.”

The domestic League finally kicks off this weekend and Nedved took a look at the pretenders to Juve’s throne.

“Inter and Milan are a step above everyone else thanks to an incredible transfer campaign. We’ll also have to watch out for Roma, another great squad.”

Juventus themselves have made few changes, but one new addition is already making quite an impact.

“Marco Di Vaio is a great striker and we really needed his influence,” explained the former Lazio star. “It’s easy playing with him, you just provide the ball and he does the rest.”

The Bianconeri make their debut against Atalanta, one of the most on-form sides of the pre-season campaign.

“All we have to do now is think about winning and improving our play. Finally we step onto the field for real. The delayed start was understandable for financial reasons, but playing friendlies isn’t much fun.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Nedved is a smart man, and I hope Lippi is a smart man too. I want to see us do well and im not in a good mood now, so unless we reach the semi-finals, nohting else is acceptable.

Anthing else is a failure on the part of Lippi and his men. He doesnt have an excuse for shit. He has a team- a good one. His job is the tactics. And he'd better do good.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i'd like to hope for the best, and i have a good feeling that this is the year for the comeack of italian team....However, i can't help thinking realisticaly about it....I dont think Italian teams can chane overnight. i expect at least a 3 years of changing to have an impact in the CL.

We'll see what happens......

BTW i like Nedved's phrase, "it is best to attack and score one more than your opponents rather than concede one less.”
.....so True

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    I know that winning the CL feels great, but it requires a very large squad with depth and many ideas (tactically) since you'll face different teams that play with different tactics (Italian, Spanish, English, Dutch etc...) ..I think Juve can win it, but I'll be happy if we repeated last seasons heroics and win the Scudetto only ..

FoRzA JuVe !!

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    Nedved is a smart man, and I hope Lippi is a smart man too.
    so, Lippi wants him to play behind 2 strikers, I don't like it actually......hmm, but I hope Nedved can do that job.:angel:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    He can but a player should play where he's at his best which is at the wing in Nedved's case if you ask me... (with space to come to the centre every now and then)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I wanna see him play as a left winger actually, like what he did in Lazio. He scores lots of goals...gosh, he was sooo fantastic!:thumb:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    this year, i don't think the CL is for us. we don't have the squad depth or the attacking play to beat teams that are not as good as us, plus we were quite bad in the big matches last year.
    i think we should aim for the scudetto once again, and if we win that that is more than enough for me

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
    Who doesn't take the risk, doesn't win!
    We have to or we'll stay without nothing when we'll come to an end-of the season, of course.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    so, Lippi wants him to play behind 2 strikers, I don't like it actually......hmm, but I hope Nedved can do that job.:angel:
    Nedved spent his first 4 months at the left wing without producing anything for Juve .. he excelled while playing behind the strikers ..

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
    What I'm sure of is that an ITALIAN team will finally bring back the time of glory to serie A sides..and it's probably gonna be Juve with the likes of DP and neddy..

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
    once a guy pointed out to something interesting and this is when we play even our worst games in serieA ,we win scudetto and there is a similar case for real but in champions league .

i hope this season they end to the rule and for the sake of God
    bring us some CL Cup.

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    Nedved is a smart man, and I hope Lippi is a smart man too. I want to see us do well and im not in a good mood now, so unless we reach the semi-finals, nohting else is acceptable.

Anthing else is a failure on the part of Lippi and his men. He doesnt have an excuse for shit. He has a team- a good one. His job is the tactics. And he'd better do good.

gotta calm down man .everything is ok .

btw you say i'm in a bad mood i instantly looked at the photo you got under your name ,:D are u really that way?:D

all in all i know why you're in a bad mood ,you're going to become
    davidzless:D
    but don worry ,may say three time loudly Forza juve .......
    louder...C'mon

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    BTW i like Nedved's phrase, "it is best to attack and score one more than your opponents rather than concede one less.”
    .....so True
    I think that he is quoting Cruyff.

Sep 3, 2002
    I think some of the players really have the drive to win the Champions League this year, like Buffon and Nedved. And with the form of many of our players at the moment, maybe we ca do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)