Nedved sets quit date (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Nedved sets quit date
Friday 8 October, 2004

Pavel Nedved will probably hang up his boots when his present Juventus deal comes to an end.

There was talk that the Czech ace would sign a new contract in Turin but that now seems unlikely.

"My current agreement expires in 2006 and I don’t think that I will renew it," stated the midfield marvel. "I’ll be 34 by then and I think that I will retire from the game."

The former Lazio player is an influential figure at the Stadio Delle Alpi and he was rewarded for his efforts with the 2003 Golden Ball.

So who does he believe should succeed him this year as the European Footballer of the Year?

"There are a host of players who have done enough to deserve the award," explained the Bianconeri ace.

"But my favourite is undoubtedly Milan’s Andriy Shevchenko. If it was up to me then he would get it because I really like him as a player."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
we will soon have to find a new number 11, as neddy will honourably retire, givin up his role and shirt to a younger counte part......u listining pessoto, give someone else ur shirts...like rambo:fero::D

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    Nedved Reveals Likely Retirement Date

Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved says he will probably retire from the game at the end of his current contract.
    "My current agreement expires in 2006 and I don’t think that I will renew it," he said.

"I’ll be 34 by then and I think that I will retire from the game."

==============

What a long story by goal.com :D

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    many things can happen in 2 years of time.....maybe he'll change his mind....who knows?

Geof

May 14, 2004
    34 is a reasonable age to quit. No need to play until his 40 and end like crap. He better quits when he's still good, so we'll have a beautiful memory of him.

Neddy I love you

Geof

May 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    we will soon have to find a new number 11, as neddy will honourably retire, givin up his role and shirt to a younger counte part......u listining pessoto, give someone else ur shirts...like rambo:fero::D
    Yeah, I forgot Pessotto is our Number 7 :wallbang:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    I think he will end his carrer after he has won the CL in 2006 with Juve!!!
    I hope he can have a beautiful memory of winning the CL in 2005 and 2006. And den leaves with a sense of honour and pride :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I just hope that we'll buy a decent replacement then... Vicente... :extatic:

But yeah, it will be one sad day... Unless it's the day when we'll win the CL... :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)