Nedved Quote (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
Sorry to open up a thread for this, but I was wondering if someone had that quote by Nedved that shows his level of commitment. It went along the lines of he used to stay after practice, running around the field till his legs couldn't carry him, and shooting with both feet till he didn't know which was better.

Thanks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Interview with Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved

uhlsport:

1.Manchester United bid £22m for your services last year. How did that make you feel as a player?

Pavel Nedved:
I respect Manchester United and they are one of the greatest teams in the world. I have a great desire to play in the Champions League and after five years in Italy I believe that Lazio are ready to make a serious challenge.
uhlsport:

2.What are your passions in life?

Pavel Nedved:
My life is my family and football, they are my passions. I don’t go to nightclubs and I rarely have a drink. What matters to me is that every minute I have spare I spend with my wife Ivana and our two children.
uhlsport:

3.Like another exceptional midfield talent, Manchester United’s David Beckham, your devotion to your family has been well documented.

Pavel Nedved:
I met my wife when I was 17-years old and we married six years later. I think it is very important to have a stable home life if you are to achieve success on the pitch.
uhlsport:

4.What is your favourite position?

Pavel Nedved:
I can play almost anywhere – out on the left, in the middle, I’ve even played in defence. I’m a worker and don’t consider myself to be a superstar. My game is simple really. It’s not just about skill and hard work, you need a football brain to be effective. If you’re modest that’s a good thing. All I try and do is play better every time I walk on to the pitch. I work hard on the training ground because I always believe there is more to come from me.

5.Italian football fans are renowned for their passionate attitude towards football. How does this affect you when you play?

Pavel Nedved:
I love to feel the passion around me, and that comes from the supporters. I play for the supporters – I never play for myself. As a player you have the soul of the supporter inside you. You have the power that makes them happy and sometimes sad. Football would be nothing without the fans.

this is from season 02/03... Anyway, that quote was from uhlsport.com, and I'm not sure but I think that it was juvefc_robin who had that kind of sig?!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
Anyway, that quote was from uhlsport.com, and I'm not sure but I think
that it was juvefc_robin who had that kind of sig?!
Yeah, it was on uhlsport.com website, but it's not anymore.

OP
nosubstitute959
Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    It's still on there.......just found it. :extatic:

"I went to a football school 60 miles away from where I lived. I practised 12 hours a day, training both feet so thoroughly, that I no longer know which is better. At Sparta Prague, I would retake the field after a match and train until the floodlights were extinguished."

-Pavel Nedved

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    Pavel Nedved:
    I respect Manchester United and they are one of the greatest teams in the world. I have a great desire to play in the Champions League and after five years in Italy I believe that Lazio are ready to make a serious challenge.
    uhlsport:

this is from season 02/03... Anyway, that quote was from uhlsport.com, and I'm not sure but I think that it was juvefc_robin who had that kind of sig?!
    Lazio? Are you sure this is from season 02/03? :)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    day by day i understand why day by day i love and respect NEDVED soooooo much.

not just because he's good for juve.
    but because of this amazing PERSONALITY he has...

we have many things to learn from NEDVED

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    "I went to a football school 60 miles away from where I lived. I practised 12 hours a day, training both feet so thoroughly, that I no longer know which is better. At Sparta Prague, I would retake the field after a match and train until the floodlights were extinguished."
    :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    A story from a Dutch source:

PAVEL NEDVED: King without a crown

Pavel Nedved owns a magnificent house near a golf course just outside Turino. When Alessandro Del Piero plays there after trainin sessions he often runs into Nedved at the golf course. Never holding a golf club, always in a training suit and running shoes. While Del Piero tries to hit a hole-in-one Nedved runs his laps around the course. He is the ultimate training machine. Raised in eastern Europe he knows the iron mentality which is commonplace there. His will to improve and get the best from his career is immense.

And he has succeeded. His right and left leg skills are completely identical. He also posseses fantastic technique, a flaming shot and a great match intelligence. He is explosive, but he also has a unique mentality in matches. This eventually made him the best player in Europe which has erased the memory of Zinedine Zidane with the Juventus fans. Also the captain of the Czech national team, the Dutch team should be warned for "the iron heart".

(8.8.2003)

Hope you like it, took me long enough to translate. :)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    I like this one:

Pavel Nedved:
    I can play almost anywhere – out on the left, in the middle, I’ve even played in defence. I’m a worker and don’t consider myself to be a superstar. My game is simple really. It’s not just about skill and hard work, you need a football brain to be effective. If you’re modest that’s a good thing. All I try and do is play better every time I walk on to the pitch. I work hard on the training ground because I always believe there is more to come from me.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
    i knew the article...
    i had read it too but i have seen pavel to play tennis!
    he is really good!
    Yeath, but all these professional athletes can perform in multiple ways. I've seen this tennis girl play football once on tv, and she was really good. And don't forget that Michael Schumacher always plays in those charity matches, and does really good.

PS Where did you see Nedved play tennis, and more important why? Charity again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)