Nedved or Totti (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Where will Totti be at Nedved's age? You shot yourself in the foot with that one. Are you kidding? He is already at Nedved status and in many opinions beyond him.

The fact that Nedved won a scudetto with Lazio and Totti only won one is really a weak arguement. Are we not talking about the individual player? So the fact that Virdis won more CL than Maradona makes him a better player? Ferrara winning 7 scudetto's makes him a better defender than Scirea or Maldini?
Nedved was never in the "breath" of FIFA Player of the Year or Ballon D'Or at Totti's age. If you want to talk facts...
to quote "ehehehhehe"

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Where will Totti be at Nedved's age? You shot yourself in the foot with that one. Are you kidding? He is already at Nedved status and in many opinions beyond him. The fact that Nedved won a scudetto with Lazio and Totti only won one is really a weak arguement. Are we not talking about the individual player? So the fact that Virdis won more CL than Maradona makes him a better player? Ferrara winning 7 scudetto's makes him a better defender than Scirea or Maldini?
Nedved was never in the "breath" of FIFA Player of the Year or Ballon D'Or at Totti's age. If you want to talk facts...
to quote "ehehehhehe"
Nedved
Born 30/08/1972

Achievements:
1 Czech League 1992/93
2 Czech Republic Championships 93/94 - 94/95
1 Czech Republic Cup 1996
3 Italian Serie A: 99/00, 01/02, 02/03
1 Cup Winners Cup: 1998/99, 1 European Supercup: 1999
2 Italian Cup: 1997/98 - 1999/00
4 Italian Supercup: 1998 - 2000 - 2002 - 2003

Totti
Born 27/9/1976

Achievements:
1 Italian Serie A
I can't seem to remember anything else.

Nedved is a mere 4 years older than Totti! Maybe you are are assuming Totti is a teenager. When Nedved was 20 years old he won the Czech league - Granted it is not Serie A. At age 20 Totti had only 6 Serie A goals under his belt. Nedved did very well at Lazio, he has already won the Ballon D'or at Juve. Being at the breath of FIFA's player of year or Ballon D'or does not mean anything. Winning it is what matters. Whether you like it or not a player is judged by his achievements. Will Totti take Roma into the final of the CL? Well time will tell.
The fact remains Nedved has done it .... We shall await to see if Totti can do it.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
You seem to forget its a team sport.

What a players team does or does not win has no bearing on the quality of the player

(totti voter - by a country mile)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I have not forgotten it's a team sport on the contrary we've seen both these players carry their respective teams on their shoulders. An outstanding player always catches the eye in a team - Both Nedved & Totti have been outstanding.
Nedved remains my choice.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Riva always stayed with Cagliari and never went to a big team so obviously he did not win much as the other players of his generation. Yet he was one of the best of his times.

Same for Baggio, he didn't win that much yet he is considered Italy's best player of the past 20 years.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
I have not forgotten it's a team sport on the contrary we've seen both these players carry their respective teams on their shoulders. An outstanding player always catches the eye in a team - Both Nedved & Totti have been outstanding.
Nedved remains my choice.
Wow silly me I assumed that "carrying a team" on your back was a situation closer to Baggio's rather than winning the scudetto alongside Nesta, Sinisa Mihajlovic, Beppe Pancaro, Sergio Conceiçao, Veron, Simeone, Almeyda, Salas....
more over, I would hardly call Totti's team one he has to carry on his back.

OP
NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    btw, does anyone have the nice move of roberto baggio in the brescia-milan match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)