nedved nets golden foot award (2 Viewers)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
08/03/2004- PAVEL NEDVED IS THE 2004 GOLDEN FOOT

The 2004 Golden Foot is Pavel Nedved. The fair-haired boy from Cheb routed all his nine opponents in the race for the golden footprint on the Champions Promenade, and now his footprint is preserved in the football Walk of Fame in Monte Carlo, that was created on the initiative of Prince Albert of Monaco, of “La Gazzetta dello Sport” and of World Champions Club.
Golden Ball less than 12 months ago, Nedved must now make space in his showcase for another award, because he was the favourite nominee of the fans from all over the world, who voted on the official web site www.goldenfoot.com.
“One never gets tired of prizes- the 2004 Golden Foot confessed. Now only one is missing, and it is the one I care for more: the Champions Cup”. The midfielder of Juventus, 32 years old next August 30th, placed his footprint beside Roberto Baggio’s, the winner of the first edition. Since last year on the Champions Promenade there are also the footprints of Rivera, Eusebio, Fontaine and Maradona, while Platini, Di Stefano and Zoff’s left their footprints on the occasion of the present edition.
“To be beside football players like these ones, who made the history of football – continued Nedved – is something I had not even dreamt of. But now the Champions League is what I have in my mind”.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm extremely happy for him, but to be honest he hasn't done much to deserve an award for last season.

Sep 28, 2002
who is kaka compared to players mentioned?
sheva? dont know, maybe. but its italy bias imo, one of the best in serie a, nothing special in cl, didnt even go to euros. so who would vote for him.

ffs, its fan poll after all, lets be happe that becks or ronaldo didnt take it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
who is kaka compared to players mentioned?
I'm a bit confused with the players mentioned, because it's meant to be a 2004 award but there's all these other guys?!
ffs, its fan poll after all, lets be happe that becks or ronaldo didnt take it.
True

Sep 28, 2002
lol yeah, "this player was good 1.5 years ago, must vote for him".

he should be there, no doubt, but not really faif that he appeared there ahead of zidane, raul and the likes. not to mention many his class players who played 10-15 years ago.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
he should be there, no doubt, but not really faif that he appeared there ahead of zidane, raul and the likes. not to mention many his class players who played 10-15 years ago.
He was 10x times the player compared to Raul this season

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
lol yeah, "this player was good 1.5 years ago, must vote for him".
Kind of like the Grammy Awards, except there it's more like, "This artist was good 15 years ago, must vote for him." :rolleyes:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
im actually amazed. usually this type of thing always go's to beckham or ronaldo, even when they are completely un-deserving, jsut because of their popularity and marketign across the world. i think this is a big step for the world, giving a player like nedved a fan voted award. if you were to find all the kids at my school who know a thing about soccer, and ask them who the best player or team is. 9 out of 10 will say either beckham or ronaldo, and all of them will say manchester united. (me excluded of course)

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
will someone send the list of the other players?
David Beckham
Hernan Crespo
Edgar Davids
Luis Figo
Oliver Kahn
Paolo Maldini
Romario
Ronaldo
Zinedine Zidane

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

David Beckham
Hernan Crespo
Edgar Davids
Luis Figo
Oliver Kahn
Paolo Maldini
Romario
Ronaldo
Zinedine Zidane
yea all of them are the ones i wouldve expected to win it, except neddy

but here we are! haha this is good news

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Congrats....Pavel!

Hope that Juve can win the CL with you..........to fulfil your dream...;)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

David Beckham
Hernan Crespo
Edgar Davids
Luis Figo
Oliver Kahn
Paolo Maldini
Romario
Ronaldo
Zinedine Zidane

i would BET he winner would be zizou but THANX GOD it's PAVEL!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)