Nedved: I'm not Inter material (1 Viewer)

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
From Channel4.com:

Pavel Nedved admits he turned down multi-million pound contracts – including from Inter – to stay with Juventus. “My agent hates me!”

As his deal had expired, the Czech hero could comfortably have left on a free transfer this summer, but opted to remain after an increase in wages showed he was not being taken for granted.

“A teammate told me I wouldn’t have looked right with Inter’s Nerazzurri shirt. I didn’t see myself in it, either,” smiled Nedved.

It was revealed that the player who made that comment was defender Jonathan Zebina, who told newspapers of his conversation.

“In any case, I am happy to still be a Juventino. I didn’t want to throw away everything I had built in these years. I have many friends in Turin,” added the 2003 European Player of the Year.

It was touch and go for a while, as Pavel had threatened to retire early rather than accept an insultingly low wage after he had stuck with the team through their demotion to Serie B.

“At a certain point I imagined myself at home with my slippers, but I love football too much to sit back and watch others play,” he told 'Il Giornale.’

“It’s true there were economic problems, but I did everything I could to remain at Juve, even if I received far more advantageous offers. A year ago I didn’t even want to know about them, but this season it was right to do so, seeing as some clubs would have set up a golden bridge to take me there.”

Just as the situation seemed to be beyond repair and Inter were closing in, Nedved took matters into his own hands.

“My agent Mino Raiola got angry with me yet again, but at the end of the day I am the one who decides where to play. I invited director of sport Alessio Secco to my house for dinner and we resolved everything as friends.

“It was the right way to go, as I have many friends in Turin and we still have a mission to accomplish – qualifying for the Champions League. We’re perhaps still a little bit off the Scudetto, but the transfer market isn’t over yet and the more champions arrive, the better.”

Well I'm sure he doesn't mean Inter players with Champions, so perhaps this is a hint at the possible fact that another azzuri is being lined up, most likely in defense.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Sorry, mate, but this thread is made on baseless assumptions.

You know that champions are not just World cup champions.

Now, Casillas is a champion because he won La Liga. Does that mean that he'll replace Buffon according to Nedved??

OP
juventus1897

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #6
    Sorry, mate, but this thread is made on baseless assumptions.

You know that champions are not just World cup champions.

Now, Casillas is a champion because he won La Liga. Does that mean that he'll replace Buffon according to Nedved??
    Yea thats what the question mark was for lol, it wasnt a statement dude.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    NEDDY! NEDDY!
    if he ever plays in an inter shirt i would be so upset i dont think i could watch football! but if del piero joined inter i dont think i could live anymore
    its good to know theyre both juve through and through

Jul 2, 2006
    Of course you are not inter material Nedved

you are the man

here inter material

mofo
    gays
    beggars
    smugglers
    bastardo
    dogs
    manky
    unhonoured scums
    disgraced scums
    drug-user scums
    scum in every status

May 22, 2007
    And prostitutes should be added to the list of never ending insults.
    Nedved is better then Inter. His right boot is more expensive then their goalie. His left boot is more graceful then they have and will ever be, so therefore, Pavel Nedved is infinately better then the mud on his shoe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)